Author Topic: Kanye's twitter  (Read 63000 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye's twitter
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
Kimmel was just doing his art, which Kanye has no appreciation for.

this is true

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »
Well that's a difference in perception I guess.  I heard the interview before I knew what the skit was and about 2 minutes in I'm saying "stop whining that companies won't work with you and go make the crap yourself." he's mad that nike won't let him run their company, so what!  Start your own rough ridin' shoe company!

One of the consequences of being whiney, egotistical and difficult to work with is that people won't want to work with you.  Everything he was whining about is 100 percent a product of his past actions.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:32 PM »
If Kanye is one of the most famous people on the planet, why is naming himself the biggest rock star on the planet crazy and contentious?

Did you actually listen to the interview the skit was based on?  Cause it seems like you didn't.

He sounded like a pouty child.   Having a child read his lines is funny because he sounded like a child in the interview.  I don't see what is so complicated here.

Put Liam Gallagher in the same situation circa 2000(?) and the same skit would be funny.  You bringing race into any of this is ridiculous.

I did watch the interview (at least the first part), and I didn't think he sounded like a child at all. I saw someone extremely passionate about his work who feels he is wrongly ignored in certain circles, but not a child.

You definitely have a point about Gallagher 15 years ago, but I don't think people cared about his rants - I'm guessing he went on many rants about people making fun of him but they were brushed aside and barely noticed.

No one mocked tom Cruise for his crazy scientology video rant.  Racist media imo.

No one has ever joked about axel rose, or kings of Leon, or jack white throwing tantrums on stage.  Racist late night hosts, my word!

The fact that you think Kanye's interview was a tantrum or the equivalent of Tom Cruise's scientology rant kind of proves the point.

Are you taking Tom Cruise seriously enough here?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »
Kanye West make rock music?
  :surprised:

That guy has to be the richest dumbest [redacted] on the planet. God bless America. I miss Tupac
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
Well that's a difference in perception I guess.  I heard the interview before I knew what the skit was and about 2 minutes in I'm saying "stop whining that companies won't work with you and go make the crap yourself." he's mad that nike won't let him run their company, so what!  Start your own rough ridin' shoe company!

One of the consequences of being whiney, egotistical and difficult to work with is that people won't want to work with you.  Everything he was whining about is 100 percent a product of his past actions.

He didn't say anything remotely whiny in the first 7 minutes of the interview. :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

Is he whining?  It sounds more like just a stream of consciousness.

When asked about where the disjointed feel for Yeezus came from, he answers by saying it came from going to the louvre and furniture exhibits and learning about architecture and being frustrated that no one is taking him seriously as a clothing backer (?) and then he talks about Michael Jackson in the context of civil rights and then about his family's role in the civil rights movement then he talks about his truman showboat (i have no idea what he says there, is that a turn of phrase i don't understand? it's around the 10:20 mark) and about how he's evolved into a "product person" ranging from clothing to water bottle design to architecture to "everything you can think about" and then it's back to his role in the modern civil rights movement then it's back to his South Park photo and then he credits south park with rhetorical question about whether there'd be a giovanti (?) in the hood without his south park photo and about how people were mean to him about him wearing skinny jeans and then he credits himself for bringing real rap back and then talks again about how people are mean to him in internet comments and not giving him credit for bringing tons of product to humanity and then about how he reminds Pusher T to keep it real and brings it all back as some kind of extended metaphor for the pressures modern day artists succumb to in order to fit into the "culture," but he's trying to bust down that culture or at least find his own role in it in terms of how ahead of the leather jogging pants craze he was and how many dinners with Anna Winter he has and then asks how many people you see wearing leather jogging pants these days and brings it all home with how rap is the new rock and roll and Kanye's the biggest rapper/rock and roll guy in the world.

Somewhere in there he was upset that people classify his "motivational speeches" as rants.  It looks like there was some whining in there.  There was certainly some whining about Kimmel's skit on twitter.  The interview mostly seemed to consist of random stuff though.

And that's the story of how Yeezus's disjointed feel came about.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:29:53 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »
People that think kanye is talented also think lady gaga is talented.  They also call musicians "artists"

So stupid

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
truman showboat (i have no idea what he says there, is that a turn of phrase i don't understand? it's around the 10:20 mark)

It's a reference to the Truman Show (film), I think.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35:21 PM »
truman showboat (i have no idea what he says there, is that a turn of phrase i don't understand? it's around the 10:20 mark)

It's a reference to the Truman Show (film), I think.
"Where my truman show boat has hit the painting."  Okay, so the painting is the walls that kept truman trapped in Seaside and Kanye's saying he's totally become free from the confines of modern "rap"/culture and just gone and done his own thing.

Okay.  Now it all makes sense.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
havent read this thread for the most part but looks like the hard streets of chi-town took ole dlew12 over this summer.

just my   :th_twocents:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
Just so we are clear Jimmy Kimmel doesn't speak for white america any more than Kanye does black america.  This entire episode illustrates that turning people into celebrity spokespeople for their race is unproductive.

When Jimmy Kimmel mocks Kanye's "leather jogging pants" comment it is a joke about class (low brow yuks at high brow absurdity) which is made more preposterous by the fact that a black rap star has inserted himself in to the stratospheres of the 1% and borrowed their tastes.

So yes there is absolutely a racial component to the joke, but some of that is the ridiculousness of Kanye (and Jay Z is even worse) wanting to benefit from an image that keeps them forever having emerged from a ghetto and trading/celebrating in the imagery of that setting (which is not even true of Kanye) while simultaneously trading the in the imagery and participating in the culture of the 1%.  There is a great ironic tension there.  Of course it is based in history, of course it involves race.

But there is something to Jay Z getting all butthurt about Harry Belafonte's comments about Jay's lack of interest in "social responsibility" while constantly using and trading on his past.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
Kanye West make rock music?
  :surprised:

That guy has to be the richest dumbest [redacted] on the planet. God bless America. I miss Tupac

Cc: Abe

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
Leather jogging pants are asinine no matter what color your skin is.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
Just so we are clear Jimmy Kimmel doesn't speak for white america any more than Kanye does black america.  This entire episode illustrates that turning people into celebrity spokespeople for their race is unproductive.

When Jimmy Kimmel mocks Kanye's "leather jogging pants" comment it is a joke about class (low brow yuks at high brow absurdity) which is made more preposterous by the fact that a black rap star has inserted himself in to the stratospheres of the 1% and borrowed their tastes.

So yes there is absolutely a racial component to the joke, but some of that is the ridiculousness of Kanye (and Jay Z is even worse) wanting to benefit from an image that keeps them forever having emerged from a ghetto and trading/celebrating in the imagery of that setting (which is not even true of Kanye) while simultaneously trading the in the imagery and participating in the culture of the 1%.  There is a great ironic tension there.  Of course it is based in history, of course it involves race.

But there is something to Jay Z getting all butthurt about Harry Belafonte's comments about Jay's lack of interest in "social responsibility" while constantly using and trading on his past.

all great points. I don't think Kanye really talks about growing up in the streets or the ghetto all that much - IMO his struggles are mostly about life as a black man and girls breaking up with him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »
You're trolling about the Kimmel stuff, right? Yeah, definitely.

http://storify.com/pushinghoops/why-kanye-is-right-and-kimmel-emblematic <-good points here.

Why do you keep talking about his talent like mainstream America takes that analytical approach? Is it not clear to you that he's talking about people who like Kanye songs they hear on the radio but still think of George Bush, Taylor Swift, and Kim Kardashian when they talk to their buddies about 'Ye? He's not talking about people who spent their money on 808s or Yeesus.

Of course Kanye isn't the best voice for angry black man, but he is for the people that Abe is talking about. His popularity makes him an easy target for people that Abe's describing. These people don't have an extensive hip hop catalog. That being said I feel like you are minimizing his anger, WTT seemed to me a giant middle finger to these people.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree how we interpreted Abe's post, pretty dumb thing to have a disagreement about. Although he did post to clarify and agreed with my interpretation of his post.

I don't think these people like Kanye at all and don't buy his music. Basically, Abe thinks these rants make Kanye popular with racist white people, I say they make him less popular with racist white people. But it was very big of you to take the high road and stay out of this dumb disagreement. Kudos!

That pushinghoops link is rough ridin' absurdly stupid and borders on coonish. FFS it was a comic having a kid read what sounded like a childish rant, Kimmel was not reducing Kanye to grandpappy's little boy. I thought it was funny and I be damned if these panic artists call me racist. Do those jackasses know that Kimmel and Kanye are friends and Kanye's "outrage" was a setup? Kanye is one of the best lyricist of all time, if he was really pissed I'm guessing he would have come up with something better than Kimmel needs good pussy.

Also I was not taking a high road, we're both to blame for debating what we think a poster was thinking, we put much much more thought in that Abe post than he did. I wasn't calling you out, stop being sensitive I like your leather sweatpants.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
Leather jogging pants are asinine no matter what color your skin is.

I agree.  They are as ridic on Buzz Bissinger as on Kanye.  Kanye wears them better though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »

I'd much rather talk about this than Kanye, leather and a pudgy newlywed.

Jay Z is a complete moron for engaging with Belafonte, and I don't give two shits about if Harry thought oscar Springsteen or Dan Lebatard's dad was more black than Jay Z. Sean knows full well that many black people think this about him and his music but his dumb uncontrollable ego get the best of him.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »
You're trolling about the Kimmel stuff, right? Yeah, definitely.

http://storify.com/pushinghoops/why-kanye-is-right-and-kimmel-emblematic <-good points here.

Why do you keep talking about his talent like mainstream America takes that analytical approach? Is it not clear to you that he's talking about people who like Kanye songs they hear on the radio but still think of George Bush, Taylor Swift, and Kim Kardashian when they talk to their buddies about 'Ye? He's not talking about people who spent their money on 808s or Yeesus.

Of course Kanye isn't the best voice for angry black man, but he is for the people that Abe is talking about. His popularity makes him an easy target for people that Abe's describing. These people don't have an extensive hip hop catalog. That being said I feel like you are minimizing his anger, WTT seemed to me a giant middle finger to these people.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree how we interpreted Abe's post, pretty dumb thing to have a disagreement about. Although he did post to clarify and agreed with my interpretation of his post.

I don't think these people like Kanye at all and don't buy his music. Basically, Abe thinks these rants make Kanye popular with racist white people, I say they make him less popular with racist white people. But it was very big of you to take the high road and stay out of this dumb disagreement. Kudos!

That pushinghoops link is rough ridin' absurdly stupid and borders on coonish. FFS it was a comic having a kid read what sounded like a childish rant, Kimmel was not reducing Kanye to grandpappy's little boy. I thought it was funny and I be damned if these panic artists call me racist. Do those jackasses know that Kimmel and Kanye are friends and Kanye's "outrage" was a setup? Kanye is one of the best lyricist of all time, if he was really pissed I'm guessing he would have come up with something better than Kimmel needs good pussy.

Also I was not taking a high road, we're both to blame for debating what we think a poster was thinking, we put much much more thought in that Abe post than he did. I wasn't calling you out, stop being sensitive I like your leather sweatpants.

this.  If you listen to Carolla's podcast, he set up a major meltdown with Bryan Cranston that was fake.  And Kimmel/Carolla have very similar styles.  I think this is the direction they are going in.  It works for both of them.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
dlew, the audio makes him sound much worse than that recap.  maybe it's his weird voice, i don't know.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
dlew, the audio makes him sound much worse than that recap.  maybe it's his weird voice, i don't know.

I said it earlier, but I had no idea that's what he sounded like when he speaks. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
I would bet money that kanye is clinically Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Trying to analyze his antics in a non-clinical fashion makes you insane.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »
I would bet money that kanye is clinically Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Trying to analyze his antics in a non-clinical fashion makes you insane.

I'll take that bet. Paypal?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »

I said it earlier, but I had no idea that's what he sounded like when he speaks.

me neither.  like you, i was SURE i had heard him speak before.

myth BUSTED, eh bread?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
you guys never heard "George Bush doesn't care about black people"??  That thing was #viral city.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
you guys never heard "George Bush doesn't care about black people"??  That thing was #viral city.

maybe he mildly sung that?