Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 48383 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »
In chair, one hand on keyboard, one on mouse
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »
not really a coffee post but here goes anyway-
i stopped by target today at lunch to pick up the new christmas candy cane tic tacs.  they're pretty cool looking.  white with tiny candy canes printed on them.

so i went to the christmas candy section and found them.  i looked at them and decided just to buy the whole box @ $1.00 per container.
i didn't take the time to count how many containers were in the box, seemed like about 12 or 16. 

so i went through the self-check out and rang myself up but really kind sleepwalked through the process because #mondays.
the total was $16 and some change.  but if i bought 16 @ $1.00 then crap, because i also bought a pound of great northern dried beans and some chicken broth. so $16 and some change wouldn't have been enough and now i'm a felon for stealing from target.

then i was walking to my car and thought to myself, hmm- how many tic tacs were in the box.
picked up my speed and rushed to my car, immediately checked how many tic tacs were in the box.
you guessed it- 12.  feels great.  another christmas miracle for clams.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
Did you ever think maybe someone else would like the opportunity to buy some of those tic/tac"s you hog.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »
w/ some of this limited edition christmas candy i have to approach it as a "dog eat dog" scenario.  that being said, they had 2 more boxes on the shelf and untold boxes in some storage area in the back of the store i'm sure.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
A coffee snob friend of mine told me he really liked the Starbucks Via Ready BrewTM.  But he didn't like that they were like $1/8 oz.

i buy (and consume) the vias.  usually the colombians.  pretty good for an instant (i think, haven't really compared to many other instants).  they're like $15 for 25 at costco.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2015, 08:32:18 AM »
A coffee snob friend of mine told me he really liked the Starbucks Via Ready BrewTM.  But he didn't like that they were like $1/8 oz.

i buy (and consume) the vias.  usually the colombians.  pretty good for an instant (i think, haven't really compared to many other instants).  they're like $15 for 25 at costco.

Awesome, I feel totally validated.  I drink them when I'm camping or backpacking.  Sometimes I'll mix with a bag of hot chocolate.  I buy them off Amazon but I think I paid more than that Costco deal.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
Just started drinking coffee regularly.  Mostly for social reasons, I enjoy coffee banter at work.  The other morning I made a joke about needing a coffee IV and it went over pretty well.  Thinking of spending some of my Christmas money on a coffee mug for work.  Should I get the one that says "Coffee keeps me going until it is acceptable to drink beer" or the one that says "Obsessive Coffee Disorder"?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2016, 06:13:15 PM »
Just started drinking coffee regularly.  Mostly for social reasons, I enjoy coffee banter at work.  The other morning I made a joke about needing a coffee IV and it went over pretty well.  Thinking of spending some of my Christmas money on a coffee mug for work.  Should I get the one that says "Coffee keeps me going until it is acceptable to drink beer" or the one that says "Obsessive Coffee Disorder"?
That all sounds great

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
"DO NOT TALK TO ME UNTIL I HAVE HAD MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE!"

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2016, 09:46:02 AM »
That all sounds great

The one where the coffee mug is a replica toilet is the best. Imagine the "brown water" jokes, or the "this stuff goes right through me" lines.

http://www.amazon.com/BigMouth-Inc-BM1348-Toilet-Mug/dp/B002SQG4TU

Here's a free one: "This coffee tastes like crap."

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2016, 09:47:42 AM »
ALRIGHT GUYS, I done changed the game and got an espresso maker at home. It is very frustrating and difficult. Anyone else have one? Pro tips?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:37 AM »
I hardly ever make coffee at home. For me going out to get coffee is a simple pleasure. Sometimes with others and often by myself.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2016, 10:09:20 AM »
I find it to be pretty enjoyable. Early morning coffee and quiet.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »
Got a carafe for my Kurig it's great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
That all sounds great
My personal favorite says, "I don't want to set the world on fire; just the crap on my desk!"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »
i'm still off the caffeine, it's been over a decade.  still work as efficiently as ever.  no more/less tired than my coworkers. 

caffeine, the made up drug. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
i'm still off the caffeine, it's been over a decade.  still work as efficiently as ever.  no more/less tired than my coworkers. 

I definitely don't do it for the caffeine. It's a nice side effect, but really just enjoy the flavor and process.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
 :Lurk:
I understand that. I usually don't take the time at my house before work for coffee. I know how great that is, but I don't take the time.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
I understand that. I usually don't take the time at my house before work for coffee. I know how great that is, but I don't take the time.

I suck at waking up early, so it doesn't happen a ton, but when it does it sets a good tone for the day. It's really only like 30 more minutes in the morning, but it makes a huge difference.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »

I definitely don't do it for the caffeine. It's a nice side effect, but really just enjoy the flavor and process.

to answer your question, we bought a Nespresso.  definitely cheating but pud to use.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

I suck at waking up early, so it doesn't happen a ton, but when it does it sets a good tone for the day. It's really only like 30 more minutes in the morning, but it makes a huge difference.
Same here. I get up in time to shower and shave and dress for work. Out the door by about 6:30. Not early, but not always easy for me.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 23, 2016, 10:31:48 AM »

I got a Kurig 2.0 with the carafe. Mainly because I know someone with cases and cases of Kurig 2.0 coffee and they give it to me free. Probably enough for at least the next year.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 23, 2016, 10:34:37 AM »

to answer your question, we bought a Nespresso.  definitely cheating but pud to use.

Would love to know what it's like to hang out with Danny and George. Jealous.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 23, 2016, 10:35:20 AM »

I got a Kurig 2.0 with the carafe. Mainly because I know someone with cases and cases of Kurig 2.0 coffee and they give it to me free. Probably enough for at least the next year.

So much wrong with this post.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2016, 10:38:23 AM »
I buy cafe parisi or roasterie for the carafe in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk