Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 47810 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee
« Reply #550 on: November 08, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »
It's the beans ...

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 08, 2022, 03:23:14 PM »
you just cannot buy ground coffee. absolutely disgusting.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 08, 2022, 03:31:24 PM »
Cafe bustelo is just fine.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 08, 2022, 03:38:08 PM »
I ordered some "Alpine Start" instant coffee from Amazon the other day. Not as good as actual brewed coffee but much less terrible than other instant coffee I've tried in the past. Would recommend if you need a coffee-like beverage in a place where you can't make actual coffee.

This is my favorite instant coffee solution. this seems expensive but I can't remember what I used to get it for in Asia

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Premium-Vietnamese-Servings-Sachets/dp/B00HMCMADE/ref=asc_df_B00HMCMADE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198100375819&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16275647172514121693&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9067609&hvtargid=pla-378906411574&psc=1

@greg what do you typically try?
The Vietnamese seem to be in possession of elite coffee knowledge.
During the summer, my mom will some times make this Vietnamese coffee -inspired beverage. Cold brew coffee over ice cubes with sweetened condensed milk. It is absolutely delicious.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 08, 2022, 03:40:00 PM »
Yeah, Vietnamese coffee is :lick:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 08, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »
The Asian grocery stores here in ICT have the best coffees.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 08, 2022, 04:23:27 PM »
In my opinion, the secret to really enjoying coffee is to use half and half.

Half sleep and half away rather than full asleep?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 08, 2022, 06:15:28 PM »
In my opinion, the secret to really enjoying coffee is to use half and half.

Half sleep and half away rather than full asleep?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 08, 2022, 07:13:43 PM »
i really can’t believe that there are people in this world who still drink coffee, it’s the biggest grift in the history of mankind.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2022, 07:51:38 AM »
i really can’t believe that there are people in this world who still drink coffee, it’s the biggest grift in the history of mankind.
This is a terrible take.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
This is a terrible take.

i can’t even begin to process this take until i finish my morning frappuccino

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2022, 03:58:11 PM »
If I had to give up coffee or beer, i'm not sure which one I would pick. It honestly might be beer and I love beer.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2022, 04:38:02 PM »
If I had to give up coffee or beer, i'm not sure which one I would pick. It honestly might be beer and I love beer.

I chose giving up coffee.  Haven't looked back.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 11, 2022, 04:09:34 PM »

I chose giving up coffee.  Haven't looked back.

I gave up beer and haven't looked back. Lot of lciq going on in here. Very disappointed.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2023, 01:26:12 PM »
True life: I don't like coffee. I have tried once a month for the last year and I think can finally say no matter what it is coffeewise I just don't like it.

You're a picky eater, aren't you
Nah man I eat anything. Just still don't like coffeeeeee
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2023, 10:46:57 PM »
True life: I don't like coffee. I have tried once a month for the last year and I think can finally say no matter what it is coffeewise I just don't like it.

My intro to coffee took all the way til I was already 4+ years out of school, and a guy on a worksite I was at used the office I was in Keurig for his half coffee/half hot chocolate. Well of course that meant he had more than he really wanted, and since I sat next to it he kept asking me if I wanted the extra, finally I caved in, and it was then I realized that cream really muted the bitter taste of coffee, and the kick I got from the caffeine was enough and I was in. 7 years later I don't do a ton but I need at least 2-3 cups throughout the morning to get me going.

Also, FTR, I have always loved the smell of coffee, even as a kid it smelled awesome, it just tasted like crap to me. I takes time/the right prep/the right way to take it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 09, 2023, 02:39:37 PM »

My intro to coffee took all the way til I was already 4+ years out of school, and a guy on a worksite I was at used the office I was in Keurig for his half coffee/half hot chocolate. Well of course that meant he had more than he really wanted, and since I sat next to it he kept asking me if I wanted the extra, finally I caved in, and it was then I realized that cream really muted the bitter taste of coffee, and the kick I got from the caffeine was enough and I was in. 7 years later I don't do a ton but I need at least 2-3 cups throughout the morning to get me going.

Also, FTR, I have always loved the smell of coffee, even as a kid it smelled awesome, it just tasted like crap to me. I takes time/the right prep/the right way to take it
I work in sports. Work maybe 55ish hours during concert weeks and game weeks. I have always been able to wake up without caffeine which I am thankful for, when I have a caffeinated drink it's unsweet tea or a can of pop or gatorade when I get groggy mid workday/night. Coffee I think could truly be a game changer I have tried the cream trick or milk. Last year during the playoffs I would make a caffeinated milk which would be a shot of coffee in the bottom of the cup then milk on top of it. That is the only way I can't taste it.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »

I work in sports. Work maybe 55ish hours during concert weeks and game weeks. I have always been able to wake up without caffeine which I am thankful for, when I have a caffeinated drink it's unsweet tea or a can of pop or gatorade when I get groggy mid workday/night. Coffee I think could truly be a game changer I have tried the cream trick or milk. Last year during the playoffs I would make a caffeinated milk which would be a shot of coffee in the bottom of the cup then milk on top of it. That is the only way I can't taste it.

This is called a latte.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2023, 03:23:27 PM »

This is called a latte.
We did it ladies and gentlemen. I like lattes.