Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 47918 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee
« Reply #425 on: March 23, 2016, 10:41:33 AM »
Got a carafe for my Kurig it's great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a Kurig 2.0 with the carafe. Mainly because I know someone with cases and cases of Kurig 2.0 coffee and they give it to me free. Probably enough for at least the next year.

So much wrong with this post.

I know, not good coffee, polluting, etc.

The coffee is fine and I like not paying for coffee for a long time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 23, 2016, 10:43:15 AM »
i'm still off the caffeine, it's been over a decade.  still work as efficiently as ever.  no more/less tired than my coworkers. 

caffeine, the made up drug. 

I definitely don't do it for the caffeine. It's a nice side effect, but really just enjoy the flavor and process.

to answer your question, we bought a Nespresso.  definitely cheating but pud to use.

Would love to know what it's like to hang out with Danny and George. Jealous.
like i said, i don't use it, it's not for me.  the gf wanted one for christmas. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »
people with coffee breath all day long are the worst

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 23, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »
I would like to make steamed milk but not get an espresso machine. Is there such a thing as a milk steaming machine/gadget that is smaller and cheaper than an espresso machine?

The Big Train

Coffee
« Reply #429 on: March 23, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
People with trypophobia should never look in the bottom of one of those little keurig cups where the hole is punched.  <-- pro tip

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »
ALRIGHT GUYS, I done changed the game and got an espresso maker at home. It is very frustrating and difficult. Anyone else have one? Pro tips?

what kind of machine?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
I would like to make steamed milk but not get an espresso machine. Is there such a thing as a milk steaming machine/gadget that is smaller and cheaper than an espresso machine?

yes.  i think they break a lot or maybe don't work very well, though.  just a guess.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »
the cheap ones, i mean.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »
ALRIGHT GUYS, I done changed the game and got an espresso maker at home. It is very frustrating and difficult. Anyone else have one? Pro tips?

what kind of machine?

Gaggia Classic and gaggia mdf grinder. Just ordered a VST basket and am awaiting it's arrival. What do you have?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
sys I loaded up on the vias via Costco.  With my jetboil I can have a hot cup in under 2 minutes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »
Gaggia Classic and gaggia mdf grinder. Just ordered a VST basket and am awaiting it's arrival. What do you have?

i'd have to look, i doubt if i'll remember.  it's nothing special, just a pressurized maker.  i'm sure yours will produce a much better shot when you get the hang of it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »
looking at images, i think mine is a saeco aroma.  don't think it's made anymore.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »

Nespresso makes one for like $100.  It was packaged with a machine we got and my wife loves it.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »

i'd have to look, i doubt if i'll remember.  it's nothing special, just a pressurized maker.  i'm sure yours will produce a much better shot when you get the hang of it.

i get a really good shot a majority of the time, but still have a large number of eff ups. pretty life changing tho.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 24, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »
pretty life changing tho.

one of these days i'll spring for a good machine.  whenever this one breaks, i guess.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 24, 2016, 03:43:33 PM »

Nespresso makes one for like $100.  It was packaged with a machine we got and my wife loves it.

$100 just for hot frothy milk. Not sure it's worth it.
I basically can get what I want by heating a Mason jar half full of milk in the microwave then putting on the lid and shaking it. I don't have any Mason jars though and you have to buy a whole pallet of them to get just one. (Maybe I should talk to Trim.) And you need to make sure to wear a oven mitt but not let the jar slide out of your hand.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 24, 2016, 03:44:42 PM »
just buy the frother, good lord.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:17 PM »
Just heat up extra milk when you are making your oatmeal breakfast.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:19 PM »
The cheap espresso makers at walmart have frothers.  You can use it without having to make espresso.  Bought one like 10 yrs ago for like 35 bucks

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
The cheap espresso makers at walmart have frothers.  You can use it without having to make espresso.  Bought one like 10 yrs ago for like 35 bucks

They have some at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $10-$20. I think you stick into your container (pitcher, cup) of hot milk. Is that the same thing that you are talking about or something different?
http://www.target.com/p/bodum-schiuma-milk-frother/-/A-21561846?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Appliances%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Appliances&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9024257&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoM63BRDK_bf4_MeV3ZEBEiQAuQWqkVXeuLufYH4C8gcVkpgE6kO1Dwvwhi3glL8J0RUug7QaAnAz8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2016, 04:46:24 PM »
They have some at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $10-$20. I think you stick into your container (pitcher, cup) of hot milk. Is that the same thing that you are talking about or something different?
http://www.target.com/p/bodum-schiuma-milk-frother/-/A-21561846?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Appliances%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Appliances&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9024257&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoM63BRDK_bf4_MeV3ZEBEiQAuQWqkVXeuLufYH4C8gcVkpgE6kO1Dwvwhi3glL8J0RUug7QaAnAz8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

those are the shitty cheap ones.  you need one that you pour milk into.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2016, 06:51:09 PM »
Nope.  I mean an actual Mr coffee espresso maker that had a steamer/foam jet nozzle thingy on the side.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »
Bought a French Press today and gave it a spin tonight. Man it makes good coffee.
@mikec2w