Author Topic: Facts about Topeka  (Read 120360 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Facts about Topeka
« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
Our Thai/Vietnamese/Indian places are the tits.

agreed.   reminds me I want some Saigon Rangoon ASAP.
Man, you are a hayseed.

that's me.

enjoy your Vista and Old Chicago...
I always enjoy Saigon. I usually get the Pho. I get a kick out of all the hayseeds sitting around us ordering rangoon, sweet and sour chicken, etc.

I order viet, but I love crab rangoon, and even better when made with sriracha like they do.
summer roll, dumbass.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »
well what do you know, this thread has really taken off.

you go topeka, you go girl

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Facts about Topeka
« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
Hey, you can all shut your faces about North Topeka and Seaman High School. I barely escaped that crap-hole with my life, but that doesn't mean you can talk bad about it.

I can talk bad about it.  I've done 100mph on 46th street on the way to/from school more times than I can count.  There's probably a rough ridin' monument at the State Lake dedicated to my truck.  If you an't from the West Indianianola district get your ass out the West Inidanola district.  :gocho:

Dude, remember when Hunter's Ridge was just a cow field?  Whoa.

LOL, I used to hunker down on the other side of I 75 and chuck apples at semis.  This was a bagillion years ago, before all the deaths at the 46th street intersection.

Anyone else jump their car over the 35th street railroad tracks?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
Hey, you can all shut your faces about North Topeka and Seaman High School. I barely escaped that crap-hole with my life, but that doesn't mean you can talk bad about it.

I can talk bad about it.  I've done 100mph on 46th street on the way to/from school more times than I can count.  There's probably a rough ridin' monument at the State Lake dedicated to my truck.  If you an't from the West Indianianola district get your ass out the West Inidanola district.  :gocho:

:dance:  <--- me, my sr year when mcdonalds opened up.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »

LOL, I used to hunker down on the other side of I 75 and chuck apples at semis.  This was a bagillion years ago, before all the deaths at the 46th street intersection.

i grew up at 35th and button.  35th has many choice spots to jump a car.  well... had.  the suburban developments have cut some of them down because of safety.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »

i grew up at 35th and button.  35th has many choice spots to jump a car.  well... had.  the suburban developments have cut some of them down because of safety.

I toured your house when we were buying our house.   I've stood in your bedroom!     :peek:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Facts about Topeka
« Reply #506 on: August 29, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
Better camping/keg partying; State lake, Perry or Clinton?

Offline 69mach351

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
Anyone live up north?  I am just North of 46th in between Button and 75.  I need to get this figured out before the away games start!  Got to have a watch crew.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 29, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Anyone live up north?  I am just North of 46th in between Button and 75.  I need to get this figured out before the away games start!  Got to have a watch crew.

I'm just north of 46th st.   Just the OTHER 46th St.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 29, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »

I toured your house when we were buying our house.   I've stood in your bedroom!     :peek:

I had to take 3 dogs out of the house for 90 min whenever someone toured it  :shakesfist:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 29, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »

I had to take 3 dogs out of the house for 90 min whenever someone toured it  :shakesfist:

LOL....at least it was a nice evening.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 29, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »
Northern Topeka folk are just plain weird.

Offline 69mach351

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 29, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
I will just say there is a reason that I moved out of southern Topeka as soon as I could    :flush:

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 29, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
eff, that list is amazingly horrible. Topekans love the crap out of chain restaurants and all things mass media delivered.  It is one of the very, very worst towns in America.

I was born and raised there. I am a survivor.

I was gonna say this too. If your town's favorite burger is from a massive corporate chain than someone needs to open a new burger place.

They wouldn't go there if you did.
"The Burger Stand" is doing a pretty good business. It's partially owned by Doug Compton so I wouldn't be surprised to see a KU bball player parent managing the place.

Unfortunately they don't have the staff to fill out hundreds of ballots during downtime.

I've  heard good things about The Burger Stand. Really want to try it out.

I lived right across the street from The Burger Stand over the summer and went there a few times.  Really good burger, you should definetly go try it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2012, 06:58:08 PM »

You are correct. But, we are talking about a town that almost literally has no "good sides."  You take westboro away and there isn't a place in the city limits that isn't weird. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2012, 07:25:17 PM »

46th and 75 isn't North Topeka, it's north of Topeka.  Big diff. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between East and West Indianola, you know?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »
Although East Indianola did have an amazing gym for a grade school. 9 ft goals!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »

46th and 75 isn't North Topeka, it's north of Topeka.  Big diff. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between East and West Indianola, you know?
Never said it was North Topeka, you fool.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
Nothing lights a fire under sauls ass like talkin shop bout topeka
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
Nothing lights a fire under sauls ass like talkin shop bout topeka
star wars

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

Never said it was North Topeka, you fool.

oh

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 29, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
My 2 best friends in school went to EI, out of the 60 or so kids from their 6th grade class, only 3 graduated.  All that needs to be said about EI.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 29, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »
eff, that list is amazingly horrible. Topekans love the crap out of chain restaurants and all things mass media delivered.  It is one of the very, very worst towns in America.

I was born and raised there. I am a survivor.

I was gonna say this too. If your town's favorite burger is from a massive corporate chain than someone needs to open a new burger place.

They wouldn't go there if you did.
"The Burger Stand" is doing a pretty good business. It's partially owned by Doug Compton so I wouldn't be surprised to see a KU bball player parent managing the place.

Unfortunately they don't have the staff to fill out hundreds of ballots during downtime.

I've  heard good things about The Burger Stand. Really want to try it out.

I live very near there. It is in fact delicious food.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 29, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
So... Yoda has to be a homo, right?  Weird ass mother rough rider always walking around with his robe open while he teaches his padawans.  "Touch my penis, you will!"

Offline 69mach351

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
Ya'll are some interesting cats (no pun intended) but it is nice to see some fellow wildcats in Topeka.  Good people are a rarity here.   :cheers: