Author Topic: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?  (Read 8773 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
UCLA - W
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - W
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@Colorado - W
@ North Texas - W

7 - 5

NYC 'PAK HERE WE COME.  :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
If we find another QB that can keep CC on the bench, 6.  Otherwise, maybe half that.

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »
b-b-but WE DONT LOSE TO TEXAS!

:flush:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:00:48 PM »
new conf, new rules

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
If we find another QB that can keep CC on the bench, 6.  Otherwise, maybe half that.

nobody can be as bad as gregory was last year and they still won six. i'll say six wins regardless of who the qb is.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »
I agree with Ricky D here.  We upgrade at pretty much every spot, either from experience or addition of new players.  We'll win at least 6, maybe as many as 8.  If we do win 8, I will fellate myself for the duration of our bowl game.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »
I agree with Ricky D here.  We upgrade at pretty much every spot, either from experience or addition of new players.  We'll win at least 6, maybe as many as 8.  If we do win 8, I will fellate myself for the duration of our bowl game.

Eh, I think we get a significant downgrade at defensive line (especially if the Adam Davis rumors are true) and we'll be as bad as ever at the LB spot (absolutely dreadful).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
Daniel Thomas leading the cats to 8 wins
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

nobody can be as bad as gregory was last year and they still won six. i'll say six wins regardless of who the qb is.

CC was there last yr and was beat out by a kid with no rotator muscles left.  kinda like a QB special olympics, and CC was still kicked to the pine.  Why, all of a sudden, does CC have to be as good as the guy who took his job from him?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »

CC was there last yr and was beat out by a kid with no rotator muscles left.  kinda like a QB special olympics, and CC was still kicked to the pine.  Why, all of a sudden, does CC have to be as good as the guy who took his job from him?

whoever the qb is this year (even coffman) will be better than gregory was last year and suggesting that some other qb on the roster will make a + three game win difference simply by beating out coffman is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've read on here in a while. there is not a qb on the roster that is better than him, more/less that much better. a senior ell roberson isn't coming out of that locker room tardo.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

whoever the qb is this year (even coffman) will be better than gregory was last year and suggesting that some other qb on the roster will make a + three game win difference simply by beating out coffman is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've read on here in a while. there is not a qb on the roster that is better than him, more/less that much better. a senior ell roberson isn't coming out of that locker room tardo.

And I don't really think we need a good quarterback.  As long as we have some one who can get some of the pressure of DT, I think we'll have a pretty productive offense.  Plus, having Harper, and Broderick Smith at receiver should help out (although who knows, ya know?).

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »
Dude, lat year we had on OLB and a QB playing on the dline.  It's not going to be worse, with or without Davis. 

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
I think that we will be pretty decent.

For sure's: @UNT, Missouri St., UCF,

Pretty confident that the EMAW wins: @CU, UCLA, @KU,

Toss Up: @Mizzou (leaning toward a loss pretty heavily though), Farmaggedon (rivalry), @ Baylor (stud QB could kill us), Okie State (Think we will win, just a hunch), vs. NU (Could be pretty even, like our chances, will be angered up though for sure)

Loss is probable: vs. Texas (they are due...)

So with all this being said...

best case: 9-3

worst case: 5-7

cas's predicty: 7-5

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
UCLA - W
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - W
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@Colorado - W
@ North Texas - W

7 - 5

NYC 'PAK HERE WE COME.  :ksu:

OSU a loss? Do you realize they lost everybody from last season?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 09:24:24 PM »
We're going to be coming off a loss at Baylor and will be looking ahead to the CTR.  Classic trap game.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
8 wins is the best. DT gets 1,300-1,500 yds and 15 TDS. And is nominated for major fball awards. And the cats win their prestigeous bowl game.
EMAW

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:58 AM »

I personally haven't seen the other options play QB yet, but can't imagine it being hard to beat the CC we saw last year.  

Really hope he has improved because last year he couldn't make decisions during a rush, had a hard time hitting receivers, and was not as good running as our busted up Gregory.  

Other than hope for improvement, I don't know what this leaves you with.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »
UCLA - W
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - W
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - W
Oklahoma State - W
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@Colorado - W
@ North Texas - W

9-3  :gocho:

Riverwalk pak  :katpak:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:14:26 AM by scottwildcat »

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
I'm afraid our defense is going to be absolutley dreadful.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »

it wont trust me

but seriously i think it will be ok. not as good as last year but decent imo

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »

It definitely is, but I guess that's when having a good run game helps out.  It "shortens the game," or something.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:19 AM »
JFC, mentally how are we going to be able to handle this stretch of games (besides KU)?

Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L

I'm predicting six wins by the way...

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

Do not understand this point at all. Coffman lost his spot to a guy who showed up in late August and COULDN'T THROW A FOOTBALL. Coffman 10 may be better than Coffman 09, but I see no reason for optimism at QB (blind hope maybe, but not optimism or even cautiously hopeful realism).
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »
JFC, mentally how are we going to be able to handle this stretch of games (besides KU)?

Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L

I'm predicting six wins by the way...

notta chance in hell we lose to Baylor and OK lite  :flush: