Author Topic: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?  (Read 8772 times)

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
JFC, mentally how are we going to be able to handle this stretch of games (besides KU)?

Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L

I'm predicting six wins by the way...

notta chance in hell we lose to Baylor and OK lite  :flush:

Not a chance in hell that we beat both either. We win only one of those games - at most.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
JFC, mentally how are we going to be able to handle this stretch of games (besides KU)?

Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L

I'm predicting six wins by the way...

notta chance in hell we lose to Baylor and OK lite  :flush:

Not a chance in hell that we beat both either. We win only one of those games - at most.

Def a better shot at winning both than losing both

Offline W.Churchill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »
Can't believe all you guys are discounting UCLA.....they are 41 in Phil Steele's "power poll" to KSU's 66. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »
Can't believe all you guys are discounting UCLA.....they are 41 in Phil Steele's "power poll" to KSU's 66. 

Yeah, pretty big question mark that people are over-looking.  But I think we win.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »

Still think we beat them at home.  If it was in Pasadena, I would expect another game like last year's.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
UCLA - W
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - W
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - W
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@Colorado - W
@ North Texas - W

If we get 8, I'll be very happy

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
Got of the phone with Steely Phil, told me that he has the 'Cats underranked this year so that the super insider premium subscribers (cas4ksu) can really know what the fix is for the Cats. He's just underselling them to the rest of the public.

He's not BITB for nothing folks.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 12:24:10 AM »
UCLA - L
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - W
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - W
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@ Colorado - W
@ North Texas - W

i like 7-5.  in typical Snyder fashion we'll likely beat the teams we should and lose close to all the teams better than us.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
UCLA - L
Missouri State - W
Farmageddon (KC) - W
UCF - L
Nebraska - L
@ KU - W
@ Baylor - L
Oklahoma State - L
Texas - L
@ Missouri - L
@ Colorado - L
@ North Texas - L

Might steal UCF or UCLA to win 3 on the year ... probably not though. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »
If we find another QB that can keep CC on the bench, 6.  Otherwise, maybe half that.

nobody can be as bad as gregory was last year and they still won six. i'll say six wins regardless of who the qb is.

CC was there last yr and was beat out by a kid with no rotator muscles left.  kinda like a QB special olympics, and CC was still kicked to the pine.  Why, all of a sudden, does CC have to be as good as the guy who took his job from him?

whoever the qb is this year (even coffman) will be better than gregory was last year and suggesting that some other qb on the roster will make a + three game win difference simply by beating out coffman is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've read on here in a while. there is not a qb on the roster that is better than him, more/less that much better. a senior ell roberson isn't coming out of that locker room tardo.

Do not understand this point at all. Coffman lost his spot to a guy who showed up in late August and COULDN'T THROW A FOOTBALL. Coffman 10 may be better than Coffman 09, but I see no reason for optimism at QB (blind hope maybe, but not optimism or even cautiously hopeful realism).

gregory got there in june, not august. he was also a sixth year senior who had pretty much the same amount of time in the new offensive system as coffman did. in games where they both played significant snaps last year, gregory looked worse and was less productive. coffman has a stronger arm and now coffman and the entire offense has another year in the system as well. also, i don't have optimism for him. i think he's not very good. same thing i thought about gregory. still don't see why cats can't six games with him.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »
The only way we have a chance with Coffman is if he became more athletic, learned how to run the option and reworked his throwing motion so that his delivery didn't take three-mississippis. No chance on the first one. The second one seems possible. But the third would be tough (but also doable, I suppose, since it involves "coaching up").

I mean, he lost to ULL.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Sugar Dick

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
People are largely overvaluing the strength or our schedule.  None of those teams are going to be world beaters next season.

I say we get 7 wins, 8 if our defense is slightly better than last year, and 9 if its dramatically improved.

Disclaimer:  If Daniel Thomas gets hurt, this prediction is null and void.

Also:  Dick Daris has been pretty much spot on with everything his typed

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
The only way we have a chance with Coffman is if he became more athletic, learned how to run the option and reworked his throwing motion so that his delivery didn't take three-mississippis. No chance on the first one. The second one seems possible. But the third would be tough (but also doable, I suppose, since it involves "coaching up").

I mean, he lost to ULL.

lol. coffman didn't lose to ULL gregorytard. gregory did. every single gregory posession in that game was an absolute waste. coffman tried to rally, but it was too late. cats win that game if gregory would've just missed the flight. rough ridin' gregorytards. jesus.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
CC's footwork did appear to be improved during the SG.  I think that was a major cause for many of his horrible throws in the flats.  Regardless, he appears to be our best option, so may as we'll get used to it.  Still say 7 wins, plus/minus 1 win.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »

I mean, he lost to ULL.

lol. coffman didn't lose to ULL gregorytard. gregory did. every single gregory posession in that game was an absolute waste. coffman tried to rally, but it was too late. cats win that game if gregory would've just missed the flight. fracking gregorytards. jesus.

Our f*cking candy-ass kicker lost our game against ULL.  He missed 3 chip shots in that game  :chainsaw:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »

I mean, he lost to ULL.

lol. coffman didn't lose to ULL gregorytard. gregory did. every single gregory posession in that game was an absolute waste. coffman tried to rally, but it was too late. cats win that game if gregory would've just missed the flight. rough ridin' gregorytards. jesus.

Daris, Gregory played threw four passes against Lafayette.  Coffman threw 25.  ""Every Single Possession" of Gregory's constitutes to about 2.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:11 PM »
Too be fair, Gregory could play an entire half and only throw 4 passes.  Especially in the rain.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 03:10:44 AM »
Too be fair, Gregory could play an entire half and only throw 4 passes.  Especially in the rain.

That's true, but seriously, he played no more than 3 possessions against Lafayette.  Unequivocally, Gregory was the better quarterback last year.  As for this year,  who knows who our best quarterback is?  Billy Cosh :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:11 AM »

I mean, he lost to ULL.

lol. coffman didn't lose to ULL gregorytard. gregory did. every single gregory posession in that game was an absolute waste. coffman tried to rally, but it was too late. cats win that game if gregory would've just missed the flight. fracking gregorytards. jesus.

lol
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
I have a friend who still wants a pillowcase with DT's picture on it.  Let me know if I can tell my friend where he can get one.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »
I have a friend who still wants a pillowcase with DT's picture on it.  Let me know if I can tell my friend where he can get one.

I have a throw pillow stuffed with Matt Miller's chest hair. Would that do?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 08:39:52 AM »

I have a throw pillow stuffed with Matt Miller's chest hair. Would that do?

for now, I guess.  :kickingdirt:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
Dude, you could make him one at one of those t-shirt places.  Would be awesome to have something to look at while biting the pillow!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »

I mean, he lost to ULL.

Daris, Gregory played threw four passes against Lafayette.  Coffman threw 25.  ""Every Single Possession" of Gregory's constitutes to about 2.

gee, thanks dlew. did you know that coffman had to throw all of those passes because gregory wasted a full quarter of the game by sucking ass and leading three drives that accumulated 17 yards and no first downs? nine plays, four incomplete passes, seventeen yards, no first downs. wasted good field position too. gregory was the quarterback of around 25% of the offensive drives that game and he didn't manage to get a first down. that rough ridin' loser cost the cats a bowl game and all you gregorytards can do is just sit around and complain about coffman. give me a break.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 07:21:42 PM »
Gregory sucked last year.  Carson sucked worse.

Maybe Carson will be better this year.