Author Topic: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?  (Read 8774 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So how many games do you guys think we're going to win this year?
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »
Gregory sucked last year.  Carson sucked worse.

yeah. people certainly say this. i've seen absolutely no visual or statistical evidence to back it up though. in fact, in games where they both played significant snaps, the coffman offense produced more. gregory did have that one severely underthrown pass that banks made an incredible play on in the iowa state game though. maybe that makes them even. dunno.  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »

yeah. people certainly say this. i've seen absolutely no visual or statistical evidence to back it up though. in fact, in games where they both played significant snaps, the coffman offense produced more. gregory did have that one severely underthrown pass that banks made an incredible play on in the iowa state game though. maybe that makes them even. dunno.  :dunno:

I don't like either fwiw.  If Sams were eligible as a 16 year old I would fight rick daris over series successfulness or whatever to get him on the field.  But, going back to the post, Gregory sucked ass.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »

I don't like either fwiw.  If Sams were eligible as a 16 year old I would fight rick daris over series successfulness or whatever to get him on the field.  But, going back to the post, Gregory sucked ass.

i dislike them both too. i just don't get the coffman overhate and the gregory underhate. they are both to be disliked about equally. except gregory more because of that bowl game we didn't get to go to because of him.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 05:39:15 AM »
This is why I just keep re-watching zacker's video and hoping that Klein will start. At least he's not confirmed as terrible.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »
Just think dude-  Klein was beat out by Gregory and Coffman last year.  Suckiness confirmed.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »
Just think dude-  Klein was beat out by Gregory and Coffman last year.  Suckiness confirmed.

No, I can rationalize by saying he was a freshman. And I can pretend he's fast because he played WR. DO NOT TAKE THIS FROM ME.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
There is one major flaw in your dual threat qb dreams:  Klein is white!  Fatality!!!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »
There is one major flaw in your dual threat qb dreams:  Klein is white!  Fatality!!!

Fortunately, my dreams are extremely hazy and extend back to May, Miller and Kavanaugh.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »

Fortunately, my dreams are extremely hazy and extend back to May, Miller and Kavanaugh.

Dual threats?   :nono:

Offline jake4kstate

• Fan
  • Fear the Beard 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:29 AM »
ucla-win
missouri st.-win
iowa st.-win
ucf-win
nebraska-lose
@ku-win
@baylor-win
ok st.-win
texas-lose but we always seem to beat them when it looks doubtful
@mizzou-lose
@colorado-win
@n. texas-win
-i am gonna say 9-3, i think are d-line will be much improved with adam davis and javonta boyd as well as brandon harolds return, also i think baylor will still be a pushover even with their star qb

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
ucla-win
missouri st.-win
iowa st.-win
ucf-win
nebraska-lose
@ku-win
@baylor-win
ok st.-win
@mizzou-lose
@colorado-win
@n. texas-win
-i am gonna say 9-3, i think are d-line will be much improved with adam davis and javonta boyd as well as brandon harolds return, also i think baylor will still be a pushover even with their star qb
May not play again bro... And Baylors starting QB happens to be one of the most electric players in the Country.
EMAW

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 02:18:05 AM »
ucla-win
missouri st.-win
iowa st.-win
ucf-win
nebraska-lose
@ku-win
@baylor-win
ok st.-win
@mizzou-lose
@colorado-win
@n. texas-win

I thought adam davis broke his back. :dunno:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
9-3 if very doable imo. Not a single game on the schedule that I look at and am scared. but 5 or 6 will also be possible.

but i'm drunk on EMAW Kool-aid so thats why i am going with 9-3

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »
ucla-win
missouri st.-win
iowa st.-win
ucf-win
nebraska-lose
@ku-win
@baylor-win
ok st.-win
@mizzou-lose
@colorado-win
@n. texas-win

lol

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
I just can't fathom Coffman being the starter.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 09:34:18 PM »
I have convinced myself that CK is the second coming, and will be insanely improved this  year, thus making him a decent quarterback.  So we should be fine.  On the other hand, I had convinced myself prior to the spring game that slamur was the spawn on Michael Bishop and Ell Roberson so I have been wrong before.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline pullenfor3

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
I am so excited about this upcoming season. And really, that alone is an improvement over the RP era. I'm so pumped for what our team could do on the field, but the quarterback position is such a question mark. I just don't see how Carson Coffman will be a passable quarterback in Big 12 play if he is our starter. With that said, here's what I think about our schedule:

Sept. 4 - UCLA (LOSS)
Sept. 11 - Missouri State (WIN)
Sept. 18 - #Iowa State (WIN)
Sept. 25 - Central Florida (WIN)
Oct. 7 - Nebraska (LOSS)
Oct. 14 - @Kansas (WIN)
Oct. 23 - @Baylor (LOSS)
Oct. 30 - Oklahoma State (WIN)
Nov. 6 - Texas (LOSS)
Nov. 13 - @Missouri (LOSS)
Nov. 20 - @Colorado (WIN)
Nov. 27 - @North Texas (WIN)

Let's hope Coffman, or whoever wins the quarterback job, takes the UCLA game as a learning experience. As good as the D-Train is, I don't think we can defeat a likely top-40 team in the country in the first game of the season with our quarterback situation. If we win that game, it could make for a great start to the season. To keep our bowl hopes alive, we need to come away with two wins from the @KU/@BU/OSU/UT stretch. That would likely give us a 5-5 record entering the final two games of the season, which I think are very winnable. I'll say 7-5 for now, which I still think is pretty optimistic. I say the low-end is 5 wins and the high-end is 9 wins. Pretty much what this season boils down to is having gimme's in Missouri State and North Texas; all we have to do is find four wins in between those games to reach a bowl game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:49:39 PM by pullenfor3 »