Author Topic: 2023 Dr pepper still in reach?  (Read 11880 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Dr pepper still in reach?
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2023, 09:29:17 PM »
So we do not have a shot?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2023, 09:37:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1724563230201160040?t=CRPBYs5kWff3KdG77GZSfg

Am I crazy or do his last two sentences contradict each other? Does his source think that the other ADs are going to be okay with the change no change? Is his source Chad Weiberg?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2023, 09:37:19 PM »
It's looking a lot bleaker

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2023, 09:38:50 PM »
I don't really know his standing in the journalist community but isn't he an OSU grad?  It's kind of hard to take anything he says around this topic too seriously given that fact.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »

We have a great shot, as do all the two loss teams. The metrics have us at about 33% to the CCG.

I'm guessing that K-State and all the other two loss teams aren't distracted by this, can't say the same about Oklahoma State. I don't know if it's Gundy or Weiberg going on the PR campaign about this, but they need to chill. There are 14 conference games left and nearly all of them will have a direct impact on this race with every result clarifying the mess and eliminating possibilities, seems very weird for them to be crowing about this and getting it on the minds of their players, right now.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2023, 10:15:06 PM »

lol, Fitz not missing his opportunity to whine

https://x.com/LifeofFitz/status/1724637163042570749?s=20

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2023, 10:17:05 PM »
They haven't ever rough ridin' done anything yet, sheesh. K-State media melting down about this is so soft.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2023, 11:44:09 PM »
head-to-head does mean something, but it's just one game and a team's full resume is a lot more telling. yea we played as bad as possible vs osu and they barely squeaked by, but we also didn't lose 3-45 to ucf.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2023, 12:10:24 AM »

lol, Fitz not missing his opportunity to whine

https://x.com/LifeofFitz/status/1724637163042570749?s=20
This isn’t loading so no idea what this is about.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2023, 08:15:04 AM »
They haven't ever rough ridin' done anything yet, sheesh. K-State media melting down about this is so soft.

Uh... first time dealing with Fitz?

head-to-head does mean something, but it's just one game and a team's full resume is a lot more telling. yea we played as bad as possible vs osu and they barely squeaked by, but we also didn't lose 3-45 to ucf.

This is where I'm at as well. All our losses were very close losses to teams that we now know are pretty good. OSU has two really bad losses on its resume that never should have happened.

I also agree with MIR in that I don't understand why the Big XII would announce a rule change now with so many games left to play. We have no idea how this is going to shake out and making a rule change for a scenario that has a strong possibility of not even happening makes no sense. I don't understand where all this smoke is coming from. If they were going to "clarify" wouldn't it make more sense to have that announcement ready to go, but keep it under wraps until the regular season is over? Then announce it on Sunday after everyone is finished?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2023, 08:58:53 AM »
They have to clarify now because schools & journalists are asking.  The Big12 hasn’t said anything officially, but they definitely have to be working on it now & it got leaked.

I’m at the point right now that I don’t think they’ve decided anything, but someone said some placating words to OSU to hold them off & they ran to Tramel/McMurphy with it. I don’t see how anyone in the Big12 office even has the authority to change the rules.  However, as K-State, if they are trying it I’m happy to know now so I can get my lawyers working on it now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:03:36 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2023, 09:05:19 AM »
I may be biased, but I think the tie breaker should default to K-State in every instance

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2023, 09:11:08 AM »
I do think it's clearly wrong to change the rule mid season, but I also really hate agreeing with super cringey K-State twitter.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2023, 09:19:08 AM »
I do think it's clearly wrong to change the rule mid season, but I also really hate agreeing with super cringey K-State twitter.

You have to use the mute button.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2023 Dr pepper still in reach?
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2023, 09:30:12 AM »
It seems like clearly no way they’d do it. I’m curious where the smoke is coming from, but it’s hard to take seriously.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
They have to clarify now because schools & journalists are asking.

This is the biggest part I don't get about the whole story. The tiebreaker rule isn't vague at all. It clearly says if the tied teams haven't all played each other then you go to the next step. What would have prompted the questions in the first place?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2023, 09:49:29 AM »

This is the biggest part I don't get about the whole story. The tiebreaker rule isn't vague at all. It clearly says if the tied teams haven't all played each other then you go to the next step. What would have prompted the questions in the first place?
Okie Lite getting screwed over because if it was the H2H format they are at the top.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2023, 09:50:32 AM »

OSU beating both teams they are tied with in head to head matchups.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2023, 09:55:43 AM »

The extra comma that’s a typo. That rule is lifted word-for-word from the PAC-12, except they don’t have the extra comma. Somewhere between lifting it from the PAC-12 and the publishing of the Big12 website that comma got added. The question is when it got added.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2023, 10:02:30 AM »

Okie Lite getting screwed over because if it was the H2H format they are at the top.
I get that, but that has nothing to do with the clarity of the rule. The question would be more like “hey are you guys thinking of changing this cause it doesn’t seem very fair.”

The extra comma is weird but inconsequential. There isn’t a way to read the rule where the comma changes the meaning.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2023, 11:07:24 AM »
I'd like our cats to get another shot at Texas  :whornsdown:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2023, 11:54:04 AM »
I'd like our cats to get another shot at Texas  :whornsdown:

That's all I want, and I think we'd defend the conference's honor the best out of all other teams
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2023, 01:33:30 PM »
Only way we are getting in now is both Oklahoma schools lose another one and we win out I think

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2023, 01:47:39 PM »
They have to clarify now because schools & journalists are asking.  The Big12 hasn’t said anything officially, but they definitely have to be working on it now & it got leaked.

I’m at the point right now that I don’t think they’ve decided anything, but someone said some placating words to OSU to hold them off & they ran to Tramel/McMurphy with it. I don’t see how anyone in the Big12 office even has the authority to change the rules.  However, as K-State, if they are trying it I’m happy to know now so I can get my lawyers working on it now.

They don't have to do crap, and if they do at this point in the season, it will reek of impropriety and corruption. Would be a horrible look for an organization.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2023, 01:48:42 PM »
They have already done it