Author Topic: Deep Thoughts (shower thoughts ok too but no Pit stuff)  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Thoughts (shower thoughts ok too but no Pit stuff)
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2023, 08:35:52 AM »
to follow-up with gross water things, think about the amount of crap and piss in the ocean.  now think about the amount of crap and piss in a swimming pool.  still gross.

also, i'm grossed out by the idea of a public pool because tons of kids are pissing in it, but i have no problem being in a private pool with a bunch of kids that i know, even though they're definitely pissing in it also.

Biggest difference is the public pool probably gets cleaned a lot more often.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2023, 08:37:03 AM »
swimming pools in general are pretty gross

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »
swimming pools in general are pretty gross

It is a thing that frequently weirds me out but doesn't prevent me from enjoying

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2023, 09:49:26 AM »
the important thing to remember - regardless of whether or not it is true - is that the chlorine is in there, just constantly going to battle with all the piss and doodie, instantly neutralizing them and protecting me from their grossness.

Evidence: if even one little bit of un-neutralized piss/doodie is in the water then the water cannot be translucent and blue/clear. it has to turn yellow or brown. so, clear water means the chlorine is doing its job. whew!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »
Have you ever wondered, “Does chlorine remove urine from my pool water?” We all know that people peeing in swimming pools is all too common. Unfortunately, it is a fact of life that some level of urine is found in most swimming pools. Many people have the misconception that chlorine will “kill” or remove any urine found in the pool water. Nope, that isn’t how it works. Chlorine will kill bacteria, but since urine is basically sterile, there is nothing for the chlorine to “kill.” Furthermore, chlorine does nothing to “remove” the urine from the water. If someone pees in the pool, it is there to stay.

yep, gross

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2023, 10:44:21 AM »
everybody has a threshold for the ratio of water:dead body for which they would swim in that body of water. Like for example, most people would swim in the ocean. there are definitely dead bodies in the ocean. If there was a dead body in a swimming pool, you probably wouldn't want to swim in it. What is your volume of water:dead body ratio? be honest

people swim in Lake Atitlan despite the known history of the Guatemalan civil war

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2023, 10:53:06 AM »
everybody has a threshold for the ratio of water:dead body for which they would swim in that body of water. Like for example, most people would swim in the ocean. there are definitely dead bodies in the ocean. If there was a dead body in a swimming pool, you probably wouldn't want to swim in it. What is your volume of water:dead body ratio? be honest

people swim in Lake Atitlan despite the known history of the Guatemalan civil war

yep. and closer to home, Lake Meade is a popular recreational lake even though the mafia has invited several folks to sleep with the fishes to which they rsvp'd yes to that invitation. I was just posing the question. If i'm being honest i have not done the necessary level of introspection to determine what my volume of water: dead body threshold is.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2023, 11:06:42 AM »
by any standards the nerds in revenge of the nerds were pretty big druggies

at least one was a bit rapey too.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
i know they're kids but it's wild to me that peeing in a pool is a thing. even as a kid i knew that it was gross and inconsiderate. i did do it once but i was half-drowning and panicked while already needing to pee.

you know how looking in natural water under a microscope there's always a ton of weird looking things crawling around? how is that not crawling around and infecting all our orifices swimming in there? maybe because everywhere in the world there's weird tiny things crawling around already though.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2023, 11:33:56 AM »
They say you have 2 deaths in your existence. The day your heart stops beating and your physical body dies, and then the second death is the last time anyone ever says your name. IIRC I believe this is a big deal for native/indigenous peoples…that when the person dies that people continue to say their name so that their memory endures.

As an ego maniac, I think one of the scariest thoughts to reckon with is when your legacy has reached its totality. That moment when literally nobody will ever speak your name or think of you ever again.

This kind of leads me to a second deep thought:
The best way to ensure that your legacy endures is to do something to be remembered by history. But if you want you go down in history for doing good…the world will not necessarily take notice. Like you can make the most beautiful art, or feed as many hungry people as you can, but it’s unlikely that the world will notice. But if you want history type remember you four being evil, you can pretty much do that, and if it’s heinous enough the world will take notice. Like history is far more likely to remember you for infamous reasons than for good deeds

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2023, 11:53:10 AM »
As I am not an ego maniac, tell me why a legacy matters?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2023, 11:56:07 AM »
BAC have you seen Coco?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2023, 12:30:00 PM »

It doesn’t. And cheapens the virtue of your good deeds imo. This is especially applicable to rulers and holders of positions of power/influence.

“ When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
Next best is a leader who is loved.
Next, one who is feared.
The worst is one who is despised.

If you don't trust people,
you make them untrustworthy.

The Master doesn't talk, he acts.
When his work is done,
the people say, "Amazing:
we did it, all by ourselves!’”

Lao-Tzu, Tao Te Ching (Chapter 17)

Is it better to be an evil man famed for being righteous or a righteous man despised as evil?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2023, 12:58:40 PM »

Because most people on this planet experience an extreme case of Main Character Syndrome. It really shouldn’t matter. It’s just an interesting thing to think about…how the memory/legacy of you outlives your physical body but eventually is also gone.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2023, 12:59:07 PM »
 :Lurk:
BAC have you seen Coco?

Not that I’m aware. Tell me more.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2023, 01:04:14 PM »

Because most people on this planet experience an extreme case of Main Character Syndrome. It really shouldn’t matter. It’s just an interesting thing to think about…how the memory/legacy of you outlives your physical body but eventually is also gone.
Once you come to terms with the fact that you will be forgotten/not cared about eventually, you can kind of stop worrying about it.  I weirdly grappled with that a lot in high school and have been pretty zen about it ever since.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2023, 01:04:54 PM »
:Lurk:
BAC have you seen Coco?

Not that I’m aware. Tell me more.

the premise of the movie revolves around this topic. it's also very good!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2023, 01:18:50 PM »

Once you come to terms with the fact that you will be forgotten/not cared about eventually, you can kind of stop worrying about it.  I weirdly grappled with that a lot in high school and have been pretty zen about it ever since.

DLew-Aurelius
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2023, 02:10:57 PM »
i know they're kids but it's wild to me that peeing in a pool is a thing. even as a kid i knew that it was gross and inconsiderate. i did do it once but i was half-drowning and panicked while already needing to pee.

you know how looking in natural water under a microscope there's always a ton of weird looking things crawling around? how is that not crawling around and infecting all our orifices swimming in there? maybe because everywhere in the world there's weird tiny things crawling around already though.
How about peeing in the ocean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2023, 03:03:40 PM »
About once a week I think “There’s a lot of clue assholes. Just dorky, inconsiderate assholes people are superficially nice too. They’re just clueless idiots. They have no idea 99% of people can’t stand them & are just waiting for them to leave.”  Then I immediately worry that if they’re clueless, then I have the same odds myself of being clueless & could be one of them.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2023, 03:11:23 PM »
About once a week I think “There’s a lot of clue assholes. Just dorky, inconsiderate assholes people are superficially nice too. They’re just clueless idiots. They have no idea 99% of people can’t stand them & are just waiting for them to leave.”  Then I immediately worry that if they’re clueless, then I have the same odds myself of being clueless & could be one of them.

I’ve struggle with this a lot in my life. Just worried that other people don’t like me, and worrying about being judged. The best cure it to stop judging yourself and others, but I find that difficult as well. Just not judging things in general.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2023, 03:47:51 PM »
Guys, if you're worried about this, then you're not the Clueless bad person.  :thumbs:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2023, 04:00:43 PM »
yeah, having ever worried about being a clueless bad person precludes you from being one

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2023, 10:04:29 PM »
If we started now, and our species started favoring humans with long, dexterous, toes, how many generations before we had feet comparable to hands in their utility.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2023, 10:12:35 PM »
If we started now, and our species started favoring humans with long, dexterous, toes, how many generations before we had feet comparable to hands in their utility.

Not to be all Eugene the Eugenics guy, but are we talking like a state sponsored program of selective breeding on a massive scale or are we talking “starting now everyone starts trying to use their feet more like hands and they pass that imperative down to their children and we just see how it goes”?