Author Topic: Is @ISU too much for these cats?  (Read 5765 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is @ISU too much for these cats?
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »
Yea he had almost 40% of our total turnovers last night.

He's been a turnover machine all season, it's the part of his game exposed the most from the two year hiatus, and his hands aren't as good as they need to be, might hamper his draft placement.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2023, 02:39:22 PM »
I really don't understand how this team could be so bad at getting in position to get a defensive rebound. Maybe it's defensive scheme or something.

Tang hinted at this during the press conference. However, I think he's saying the coaches need to find ways to help the players better. Ultimately we aren't a good rebounding team because we're currently playing one true big and we simply don't have a roster of good rebounders. We tend to pop two guards out as outlet options so we can get out and run, and that isn't helpful when trying to rebound either.

I have also noticed that we seem to be fairly aggressive with help defense and will sometimes not really guard a guy if he's not an offensive threat. That's all well and good, but it's hard to box out the guy you leave unguarded.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2023, 02:41:03 PM »
saw an ISU bitching on twitter about the KSU coaches yelling during ISU free throws. Anyone know what they're talking about?

It was the players and they did it on like three trips to the line. ISU went 5-6 from the line the times they did it. ISU is super weird about this, on Grill's last free throw attempts, Holmes was trying to get the crowd really quiet. I'd hope Caleb Grill isn't distracted by regular ambient arena sounds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2023, 02:43:28 PM »
I really don't understand how this team could be so bad at getting in position to get a defensive rebound. Maybe it's defensive scheme or something.

Tang hinted at this during the press conference. However, I think he's saying the coaches need to find ways to help the players better. Ultimately we aren't a good rebounding team because we're currently playing one true big and we simply don't have a roster of good rebounders. We tend to pop two guards out as outlet options so we can get out and run, and that isn't helpful when trying to rebound either.

I have also noticed that we seem to be fairly aggressive with help defense and will sometimes not really guard a guy if he's not an offensive threat. That's all well and good, but it's hard to box out the guy you leave unguarded.

Yes, huge issue as well when we either double the post if we're fronting, or digging if playing behind. We give up a lot of o boards off of big misses, another thing that really hurts this team by not having an actual big. Iowa State and TCU specifically are real problems for us without N'Guessan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2023, 02:46:11 PM »
saw an ISU bitching on twitter about the KSU coaches yelling during ISU free throws. Anyone know what they're talking about?

It was the players and they did it on like three trips to the line. ISU went 5-6 from the line the times they did it. ISU is super weird about this, on Grill's last free throw attempts, Holmes was trying to get the crowd really quiet. I'd hope Caleb Grill isn't distracted by regular ambient arena sounds.

thank you
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting