Author Topic: Is @ISU too much for these cats?  (Read 5790 times)

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Is @ISU too much for these cats?
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2023, 10:34:40 PM »
The horrible free throw shooting tonight. Man.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2023, 10:37:40 PM »
Honestly they should have drubbed us by double digits but Nowell and Ish shot 80% from three
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2023, 11:00:56 PM »
Ish was a stud tonight. Welcome new followers.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2023, 11:45:06 PM »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2023, 11:46:26 PM »
After the 4-minute timeout, Tang sends Ish out to play defense for some odd reason. ISU misses a shot, Ish fumbles the rebound out of bounds because he can't effing rebound. On the second chance, clones get the ball inside to the guy Ish is guard. Ish overplays him to the outside despite having Tomlin's help to that side. Clone spins to the basket to an easy 2. JFC.

After the game, Tang said he's going to have a talk with his bigs, who collectively didn't get one rebound.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2023, 11:49:07 PM »
Grill looks like he might die on the court

Bro, you have no idea. He had a big 5 points for them but TJ is going to get this kid killed. He was grimacing all night long, there was a point, where his shoulders were hunched over and he couldn't straight his back and arms. They threw all they had into tonight, there isn't any way in hell he plays on Saturday

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2023, 11:52:38 PM »
"eff K-STATE, eff K-STATE..."

Wow guys, is this what it felt like the whole time?  We've got some soul searching to do

Sounded really lame/ corny.

Pretty creative idea tho as it almost seems like a jab directly at Tang, WHICH IS NOT VERY CHRISTLIKE AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE AT ALL!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2023, 11:53:37 PM »
After the 4-minute timeout, Tang sends Ish out to play defense for some odd reason. ISU misses a shot, Ish fumbles the rebound out of bounds because he can't effing rebound. On the second chance, clones get the ball inside to the guy Ish is guard. Ish overplays him to the outside despite having Tomlin's help to that side. Clone spins to the basket to an easy 2. JFC.

After the game, Tang said he's going to have a talk with his bigs, who collectively didn't get one rebound.

Cool, back to exhausting 'zif. Massoud isn't a big, never has been, never will be. The few possessions he was the biggest player on the floor for us, we played 5 out on offense. Oshun would have ate up every player on our roster and TJ committed malpractice by not going to him in the first half.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2023, 11:55:12 PM »
Very enjoyable game to watch. High-level in so many ways.

We're in trouble when Keyonte is doing a lot of dribbling. Bummer about the free throws
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2023, 11:56:13 PM »
Agreed, nic. That was high level basketball played by the two best teams in the conference.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2023, 11:59:08 PM »

Cool, back to exhausting 'zif. Massoud isn't a big, never has been, never will be. The few possessions he was the biggest player on the floor for us, we played 5 out on offense. Oshun would have ate up every player on our roster and TJ committed malpractice by not going to him in the first half.

Back to the never-ending MIR making every excuse for the inexcusable. Ish is a big on this team. Yeah, I realize he'll always be a defensive liability in the post, but his rebounding is beyond horrible.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2023, 11:59:47 PM »
ISU missed 21 FGs and rebounded nearly half of them (9).

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2023, 12:13:53 AM »
Being on the other side of The Chant, yes confirmed it does sound incredibly small dick energy. I hope our fans don’t do it again

ty clones.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2023, 12:17:23 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2023, 12:22:25 AM »
The horrible free throw shooting tonight. Man.

They shot lights out (for them) too. Should even out in OOD.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2023, 12:29:24 AM »
We ended up shooting 68 percent from the line, which isn't bad. But the cold streak when they pulled ahead early in the 2nd half when Johnson and Sills didn't capitalize hurt.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2023, 12:30:04 AM »
Big 12 Ish will adjust and dominate

Apparently not.

Apparently so

Massoud did not dominate anything tonight.

TJ said ish was "incredible," I'll go ahead and trust his judgement

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2023, 12:31:38 AM »
We ended up shooting 68 percent from the line, which isn't bad. But the cold streak when they pulled ahead early in the 2nd half when Johnson and Sills didn't capitalize hurt.

That was in the midst of the field goal drought and we missed 5 free throws in 4 trips down the court.
Missed two
Turnover
Missed one
Missed two

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2023, 01:13:36 AM »
Ish was a stud tonight. Welcome new followers.

fried every time ish made a 3:

:lol:

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2023, 01:37:37 AM »

That was in the midst of the field goal drought and we missed 5 free throws in 4 trips down the court.
Missed two
Turnover
Missed one
Missed two

Agree, that was a really rough time to go into a drought. In all it was frustrating bc that did feel like a very winnable game. Our (comparatively) cold FT shooting, they’re (comparatively) lights out FT shooting. Also, it felt like the first 35 minutes of game time they could not miss those 15-18 ft jump shots. I would think normally we would be just fine with forcing them into taking that shot but jfc it went in pretty much every single time

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2023, 01:48:02 AM »
No that would have been me and the rest of the fan base everytime Ish passively watched as the Clones nabbed an offensive rebound or the many times he was schooled in the post. It was certainly me when he made to critical mistakes in one of our most important defensive stands of the game. Ish is a nice spot-up shooter. It's unfortunate the rest of his game is a huge liability.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2023, 04:41:49 AM »
why so negative, fried? tomlin and ayiola (both taller than swish) also both got 0 rebounds, and they damn sure didn't shoot 4/5 from 3. can we just set aside all that and enjoy cat basketball? :rolleyes:

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2023, 08:17:40 AM »
Big 12 Ish will adjust and dominate

Apparently not.

Apparently so

Massoud did not dominate anything tonight.

TJ said ish was "incredible," I'll go ahead and trust his judgement

Massoud had a spectacular night shooting the 3.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »
I really don't understand how this team could be so bad at getting in position to get a defensive rebound. Maybe it's defensive scheme or something.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2023, 08:27:27 AM »
This loss, while expected and predicted, still bummed me out a little bit.  I had very unreasonable hopes that I nurtured into expectations (premeditated resentments) :frown:  That's on me, my bad.