Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30505 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He was going to be able to come back until the bar fight.

That ended it.

Stop speaking with so much assuredness. If that "ended it" he wouldn't have been on the bench and locker room the last couple of games

I'LL SPEAK HOW I WANT TO SPEAK ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD.  YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's fine, you just sound like a rough ridin' idiot who keeps trying to provide scoops when it's obvious that no one knows crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I loved the Tang video and the spirit behind it, however, I hope people don't stop asking questions of the administration.

Yep. Tang didn't say anything to absolve dick lint of anything, he just wants the focus to be on his players and not a pin headed administrator.

It's important to remember that short of Quan doing something very illegal that the RCPD and the Riley County Attorney decided to punt on, dick lint is guilty of overreach here. I don't know how a university president can successfully thread the needle of kicking an athlete off of their team, but allowing that same person to be enrolled in school. Did he cheat on a test? Probably should be expelled? Did he do something that the UP deems him a threat to a group of students or even an individual student? Why the hell is he still on campus then?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Spitballing /drawing conclusions
Spitballing /drawing conclusions[/size]

Tomlin had issues while he was here. Got to a point that he was suspended/couldn’t play.

He graduated e in Dec. athletic staff wanted to make sure that happened and Gene signed off.

Tubbys fight happened. Students get squirrelly about it thinking bfd happens all the time.

Pres pulls the plug before things spiral.

Klein leaving exacerbates everything.

He was never coming back. Stuck around to graduate. Hopefully there’s a chance that tang and co realize pres/gene had no choice due to chants/booing/protests etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's fine, you just sound like a rough ridin' idiot who keeps trying to provide scoops when it's obvious that no one knows crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
He keeps mentioning Title IX, federal law, Ferpa, etc. he really wants us to read between lines, that can’t be made clear, so that we deduce something major as having happened.

Until I hear something more tangible, I am on Team fick that guy for tossing a kid out of college.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
He keeps mentioning Title IX, federal law, Ferpa, etc. he really wants us to read between lines, that can’t be made clear, so that we deduce something major as having happened.

Until I hear something more tangible, I am on Team fick that guy for tossing a kid out of college.

he didn't get kicked out of college though did he? It is all very strange and nothing I learn seems to make it make any more sense.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Yeah - The Title IX mentions seem to be a bunch of "Scary Words" if all we have is the Tubby's incident, and it was truly collateral and a singular event - not the culmination of a pattern.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Maybe it's something worse than you can possibly imagine, and everyone at KSU is doing everything in their power to protect the kid.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it's worse than I can possibly imagine, the kid shouldn't be protected.

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
or still enrolled.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

he didn't get kicked out of college though did he? It is all very strange and nothing I learn seems to make it make any more sense.

This is where I'm at. The Linton angle sounds awful but I'm just having a hard time believing any of it because it makes zero sense the UP would force an AD to make a move here.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it's good that he spelled out that he believed he was acting in an official capacity (and therefore not just an idiot winging it).

And he confirmed that there was other stuff considered. I can understand how opinions on the severity of that stuff vary.

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
Why didn't he just shut the hell up and let Tang's statement stand on its own?

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's not helping.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Maybe it's something worse than you can possibly imagine, and everyone at KSU is doing everything in their power to protect the kid.

I feel we're somewhere in this zip code, combined with a well-intended but ultimately incoherent strategy involving Tang's Positive OutlookTM, Linton's Priesthood of Administrative Bureaucracy, and Gene interpreting back and forth.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not that it was probably intentional but this feels like its undermining Tang's statement. Just let it go if you can't give details. It's not helping.

Two words: hot seat.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
he didn't get kicked out of college though did he?

Maybe Linton was being generous there.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dick lint, trying, and failing to CYA
https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=93783

He's not a leader. He should go quietly. Even if Quan couldn't come back, which makes zero sense because we're about to see him playing somewhere in a month, the way he handled this is terrible. Like, what if something serious happens?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So, you were on board with Tang before, but not now? Maybe Tang's message wasn't as good as we thought it was.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

if he really did something that bad, i would hope Tang and Gene wouldn't want him back??
What an odd deal. Hopefully the full picture comes out eventually.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile

So, you were on board with Tang before, but not now? Maybe Tang's message wasn't as good as we thought it was.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding but I am on board with Tang. I thought his statement was perfect and acted as a great final word. Then Dick Lint decides to chime in twelve hours later.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dick lint, trying, and failing to CYA
https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=93783

What sucks about this statement is how intentionally vague he is about what he even did in this process. There's no privacy laws stopping you from saying, "Tomlin's dismissal was the result of several conversations among the UP, AD, and HC, and we all agreed on the correct course of action." And if you can't say that--don't release the statement.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

if he really did something that bad, i would hope Tang and Gene wouldn't want him back??
What an odd deal. Hopefully the full picture comes out eventually.

I care more about Linton leaving than a full picture, honestly.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
what if tomlin perfected quantum computing?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Mentioned FERPA and the need to protect the student, then mentioned the student, by name, in the same release. The guy is a buffoon, at best.