Author Topic: NIT  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: NIT
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2024, 08:39:06 AM »
I'm not sure how big of an NIL warchest that we came up with but I think tang is going to go especially hard in the paint this year.  I would expect 6 spots to fill and 6 players remaining plus Castillo.

It would also be neat if we could get a guy that didn't bring the ball up the court and dribble right into 3-4 defenders and then either give one of them the ball or throw it to one of the other 2 defenders half the time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2024, 08:47:18 AM »
i’m probably drinking too much of the Tang but i just don’t see us losing a lot to the portal.

maybe 1-2 guys is my guess.  the roster is really unbalanced and could use adjustments, I just don’t know if it will happen.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2024, 09:18:27 AM »
i’m probably drinking too much of the Tang but i just don’t see us losing a lot to the portal.

maybe 1-2 guys is my guess.  the roster is really unbalanced and could use adjustments, I just don’t know if it will happen.

I personally think Taj Manning and Finister will hit portal.  I think there is a good chance DNG hits portal as well. 

Kaluma tries Pro/G-league/Euro.

McNair and Perry graduate.

We will need to hit portal hard since we have one incoming HS recruit. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2024, 09:20:13 AM »
Would be happy if we could hang onto Rich, Ames, Jones, and Finister.  Yeah, they dribbled into multiple defenders and turned over the ball, but you'd think Tang will really work on our turnover problem, and we'll see more of their potential. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2024, 09:54:19 AM »

I personally think Taj Manning and Finister will hit portal.  I think there is a good chance DNG hits portal as well. 

just curious, what do you think DNG has to gain by portaling?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2024, 09:59:44 AM »
I assume he means the European portal
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2024, 11:02:59 AM »

I see it as a McNair going to KSU situation.  In an ideal lineup, DNG comes off the bench as a backup.  If DNG wants to start and that opportunity isn't in Manhattan, there is a good chance he could transfer.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2024, 11:12:34 AM »
DNG has maximized his role here.  He has been great.  He won't get any more elsewhere and we really need him to stay with us unless he is moving on to Europe. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2024, 03:55:12 PM »
It'll be interesting to see who returns.  We'll probably have a big turnover and that's probably not a terrible thing.

We will lose a ton.  This is going to be nuts.  Would love to keep buddy.  The rest are just parts

wut? Buddy should be like 6th or 7th on the priority list of players to return. My guess is, we'll have 6 or 7 defections, counting the three players who are out of eligibility.
What are your predictions / guesses, MIR?

I think the defections will be
Finister
Manning
Kaluma
out of eligibility are
McNair
Lindsey
Perry

I think Glover and Rich are guys I think could go either way, I don't have a good read on them.

I would be stunned if any of the following left
Ames
Carter
Jones
N'Guessan, he may go pro, but he ain't transferring
Colbert

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2024, 04:37:47 PM »
Do you think Kaluma will transfer or go pro?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2024, 04:55:09 PM »
It'll be interesting to see who returns.  We'll probably have a big turnover and that's probably not a terrible thing.

We will lose a ton.  This is going to be nuts.  Would love to keep buddy.  The rest are just parts

wut? Buddy should be like 6th or 7th on the priority list of players to return. My guess is, we'll have 6 or 7 defections, counting the three players who are out of eligibility.

Finister
Manning
Kaluma
out of eligibility are
McNair
Lindsey
Perry

I think Glover and Rich are guys I think could go either way, I don't have a good read on them.

Ames
Carter
Jones
Colbert

What makes you think Finister is going? 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2024, 04:59:36 PM »
He can't crack the guard rotation on an NIT team that got run by 4 white guys in Iowa.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
NIT
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2024, 05:21:09 PM »

Finister
Manning
Kaluma
out of eligibility are
McNair
Lindsey
Perry

Ames
Carter
Jones
Colbert
i agree with almost everything you said here except I don’t agree that Buddy is a coin flip.  we have no reason to believe that. there’s actually less competition on this roster at his position than anywhere but PG.  he will play the three/four at a high level by his jr year, hopefully at ksu cats university.

ultimately i think that guys like playing for this staff, that’s evident by watching them play, and they’re lucky to be playing for this staff.

i’m more concerned about losing anyone from the staff than I am losing any players who still have eligibility.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 05:24:45 PM by pissclams »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2024, 05:23:27 PM »

I see it as a McNair going to KSU situation.  In an ideal lineup, DNG comes off the bench as a backup.  If DNG wants to start and that opportunity isn't in Manhattan, there is a good chance he could transfer.
DNG is a dog and should be and will continue to be starting.  prototypical JYD.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2024, 02:56:48 PM »
Do you think Kaluma will transfer or go pro?

ummmm, I'd say go pro

What makes you think Finister is going? 

Literally just guessing, I don't know crap