Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30508 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
What is the indication that Tang is/was super-mad about this, there is a big row between Tang/Gene and Linton and prob gonna leave? Everything I see is just speculation by internet weirdos and journos.

Obv if all the speculation is true, then we better be doing everything we can to get the hatchet buried. It may seem weird for a mbb coach to be more important than a UP, but in this instance that certain seems to be the case from my vantage point.

yeah, I mean, there is a lot more than speculation, just fyi on that point.

also every division 1 P5 basketball and football coach is more important than the UP. not even comparable roles in how much more important the HCs of those sports are. maybe we were just not used to it because wefald was here for like 100 years but that position rolls over constantly at actual normal schools. it's very much a replaceable role and very much a revolving door at most big schools. we can replace linton (and whatever he brings to the table which I haven't the slightest idea what that is) but will have a harder time replacing a good FB or BB coach (which imo we somehow have right now which rules).

also if you're just a money guy check what salary each participant makes. all else equal that's a good measure of importance.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s kinda hard to tell how successful a UP is, and very easy to tell how successful a HC is. Everyone knows Tang kicks ass and I have no idea about the other guy so yeah I’m team Tang all day long.

Not that I have any reason to believe there’s even a rift here outside of rumors and speculation.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s kinda hard to tell how successful a UP is, and very easy to tell how successful a HC is. Everyone knows Tang kicks ass and I have no idea about the other guy so yeah I’m team Tang all day long.

Not that I have any reason to believe there’s even a rift here outside of rumors and speculation.

UPs are a dime a dozen. irl.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

say it plain
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

say it plain

not mine to say

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probs because it’s really hard to objectively measure if they’re doing a good job relative to their peers.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

say it plain

not mine to say

totes agree with the rest of your post btw.

Which is why the thought of Gene/Tang, but especially Gene, having hands forced by UPDL didn't/doesn't make much sense.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Probs because it’s really hard to objectively measure if they’re doing a good job relative to their peers.

EVER HEAR OF THE ROSEWATER (?), GOLDWAIT (?), RHODES (?), OR OTHER ONES (?) SCHOLARSHIPS IDIOT?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

say it plain

not mine to say

It's been a minute since BSAC blessed us with a nugget
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

say it plain

not mine to say

Which is why the thought of Gene/Tang, but especially Gene, having hands forced by UPDL didn't/doesn't make much sense.

makes sense to me on gene, ADs are a dime a dozen too

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

EVER HEAR OF THE ROSEWATER (?), GOLDWAIT (?), RHODES (?), OR OTHER ONES (?) SCHOLARSHIPS IDIOT?
You’re making all those up

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

say it plain

not mine to say

makes sense to me on gene, ADs are a dime a dozen too

I like to think of Gene, Tang and Klieman as SNL's Ted Brogan, Chico and Catman, while UPDL is more like Daddy Chris Kattan.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Tang is pretty amazing.  Maybe he's a great actor, maybe I'm a naive sucker, I don't know, but I buy what he's selling.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Love him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Tang is pretty amazing.  Maybe he's a great actor, maybe I'm a naive sucker, I don't know, but I buy what he's selling.
he’s as genuine a person that there is, i’m surprised that you don’t know that.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It's more an indictment of my shitty cynicism than anything.  Genuineness isn't something I come across that often these days.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
he’s as genuine a person that there is, i’m surprised that you don’t know that.

He’s one of the rare few that are so genuine, that it almost seems as though it has to be an act, because we are so unused to being in that type of presence. I have a cousin, who I hadn’t seen since childhood, but ran into a couple of years ago that is very similar.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tang is so, so good. Literally the best.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don’t know if every university needs a Tang, but I know ours does.