Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 30524 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What's Tomlin's due process rights? He has no appeal to what the big white guy in the Anderson office decides?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's time to burn the lint.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The sad thing is we're going to lose Tang and the asshat of a president is going to be around long either. You come across people like him when reading history. Inflexible know it alls, who insist on micro managing and alienate everyone while making an enormous shitpile of everything. In the meantime, Tang's gone and no other coach worth having is going to take the job when the university president won't trust you to exercise judgment on fundamental team issues.

Since I didn't know butkus about this dipshit, I read his bio on the university website. Apparently a big food science guy. Food Science. Let him tell them how to make ice cream and Call Hall or something, but get him the eff away for the sports programs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The Animal Jr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
The sad thing is we're going to lose Tang and the asshat of a president is going to be around long either. You come across people like him when reading history. Inflexible know it alls, who insist on micro managing and alienate everyone while making an enormous shitpile of everything. In the meantime, Tang's gone and no other coach worth having is going to take the job when the university president won't trust you to exercise judgment on fundamental team issues.

Since I didn't know butkus about this dipshit, I read his bio on the university website. Apparently a big food science guy. Food Science. Let him tell them how to make ice cream and Call Hall or something, but get him the eff away for the sports programs.
Yep, this is exactly the type of bad person that can and probably has already nuked a basketball program. No way any coach worth a crap will put up with this. The worst part is, he won’t give 2 fucks either and will say stupid crap like, “I’m not the one that got arrested” or whatever.

I rough ridin' hate being so small timy. It’s so stupid and completely unnecessary. It’s not endearing, it’s pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
My favorite Tomlin memory was watching a game (Maybe the at baylor game) last year when I was at the farm with my dad (He doesn't watch sports) and he was like "Wow, that big guy can dribble and move". I spent like 5 minutes explaining how Tomlin didn't play bball in HS and grew a bunch then ended up at juco then here etc etc and how good he could be.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Having not payed much attention to Linton, can anyone point to anything positive he has done for KSU over his time here?  If he got canned tomorrow, what would suffer?  Is there anything he can point to to prop himself up? 

Just curious….

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don’t really understand what’s “small timey” about any of this, but there better be some pretty damning charges coming for this move to make sense.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The privacy aspect is ruining Tomlin's reputation because it leads many to the conclusion he must have done something very bad. I'm seeing lots of posts that basically state"there must be a lot more to this or he would be cleared to play. I don't want someone who decked a coed on the team." But ol' Southern boy Lint just smugly hides behind subordinates and "federal rules,"while Tomlin's is screwed.
I assume Tomlin can transfer and is clear to play elsewhere for second semester. Would not surprise me to see him in red and blue.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
The privacy aspect is ruining Tomlin's reputation because it leads many to the conclusion he must have done something very bad. I'm seeing lots of posts that basically state"there must be a lot more to this or he would be cleared to play. I don't want someone who decked a coed on the team." But ol' Southern boy Lint just smugly hides behind subordinates and "federal rules,"while Tomlin's is screwed.
I assume Tomlin can transfer and is clear to play elsewhere for second semester. Would not surprise me to see him in red and blue.

Tomlin himself could clear the air, if he so chose.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The decision and statement apparently came from Taylor FWIW.

And yeah, I absolutely expect some charges to be coming soon. Otherwise it makes zero sense to suspend the guy like a month before dismissing him.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, yesterday at this time he was on the bench and in the locker room with KSU. Tonight, he's off the team. The only thing that happened in between is he attended a protest outside Linton's house. If you care at all, email [email protected] this very second and point out the illegal dismissal of Nae'Quan and demand an investigation into this retaliation against Nae'Quan's First Amendment rights.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

And yeah, I absolutely expect some charges to be coming soon. Otherwise it makes zero sense to suspend the guy like a month before dismissing him.

charges? didn't he already get a diversion? are these different ones?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
this is why you never plead guilty to a diversion :frown:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

charges? didn't he already get a diversion? are these different ones?

There aren't new charges. This happened because he showed up to the protest. It's a violation of his right to assemble. So, not only do we lose Tang, but we'll be paying Tomlin for not playing for eternity.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, yesterday at this time he was on the bench and in the locker room with KSU. Tonight, he's off the team. The only thing that happened in between is he attended a protest outside Linton's house. If you care at all, email [email protected] this very second and point out the illegal dismissal of Nae'Quan and demand an investigation into this retaliation against Nae'Quan's First Amendment rights.

Was this written from a drafting table in your basement?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Was this written from a drafting table in your basement?

I typed it on my phone after breaking my dick off in your mom's ass.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man the zeal is back
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man the zeal is back

Also, that drafting table was boss. Miss the crap out of that drafting table.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Tang to Oklahoma State, Brad Korn or Tim Miles era of Cat Ball awaits

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Unfounded Conspiracy Theory: what if tang wanted Tomlin kicked off the team and dick lint is taking the heat to shield him? (#leadership)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Unfounded Conspiracy Theory: what if tang wanted Tomlin kicked off the team and dick lint is taking the heat to shield him? (#leadership)

And what if (insert me make a demeaning joke about sleeping with your mother and her falling in love with me only to break her heart)

I'm sorry, that was mean.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
gene could have said no dude, your message, you release it.  ya he would have left his job with the decision, but how principled is he?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
this is why you never plead guilty to a diversion :frown:
#rentfree

#trimdorkin