Author Topic: Pres Linton Runs off Coach Tang AND Nae'Quan Tomlin ThunderDunks Master Thread  (Read 29804 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Picturing an unbridled Tang-led Dean is a cream dream of epic proportions.
Dean swishing threes and midrange jumpers would open up the rim/lane for even more alley-oop thunderdunks and slashing reverse layups.

Dean would be right there dunking with the rest of our dudes. Tbh, Dean would be an excellent mentor for Tomlin. More similar skill and talent than one might realize.

https://youtu.be/eZdnydymMcs

Outside of being stretch bigs, I don't think they have the same skill set, at all. Dean's ability to shoot sets up the rest of his game and he's way better back to the basket. NaeQuan's best skill is probably his handle, otherwise, right now anyway his whole game is predicted on being wildly athletic. Dean was more athletic than he was given credit for but he'd still be a very good basketball player of he was a step slower and had a vert 10" lower.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Wade had a decent low post game too

We don't post anyone up ever but I don't think NaeQuan would be very good at it because he weighs like 165lb

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Tomlin’s handles are an indicator that he can develop a lot of the fine skills Dean has. He can also eat biscuits.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nicname past/present player comparisons are brutal.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Whatever.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do think it's interesting that I can't remember us posting anyone up on the block at all. I hadn't really thought about it until now, am I right about that?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I do think it's interesting that I can't remember us posting anyone up on the block at all. I hadn't really thought about it until now, am I right about that?

Have we posted Keyonte?  He’s backed down a few guys, but that’s as close as I can remember.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Have we posted Keyonte?  He’s backed down a few guys, but that’s as close as I can remember.

Yeah he usually gets the ball on the wing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tomlin’s handles are an indicator that he can develop a lot of the fine skills Dean has. He can also eat biscuits.

Yeah, he can, probably will never be the shooter that Dean is though, and that's okay. He also may just get by from being a crazy athlete too, plenty of those in the NBA. He doesn't need to gain weight.

Yes, we have a few iso sets that have key posted up. We posted N'Guessan in the noncon and early in conference play, that 7 for 7 he had against West Virginia was almost entirely on post ups but we haven't posted him since he came back from injury. We'll also post up Iyiola, but he hasn't played much lately. The frequency in which we use the post up seems to be related to how well we're doing with the high screen game.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Nice 2022-23 DOB + ThunderDunks compilation vid:

https://youtu.be/90k7wNQDm74

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You know it's a good team when they have highlights like that. What a year.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
You know it's a good team when they have highlights like that. What a year.
I'd forgotten about Keyontae's dunk to close out oSu. That was just filthy. Nae'Quan's dunk against Radford was amazing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#10 against Cal was the #1 play on the sportscenter top 10 that night

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
#2 and #1 seem like very similar plays.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Markquis didn't get enough credit for how much of a dime that KU lob was. It was well defended, Wilson did a great job recovering but the ball was just beyond his finger tips. The Michigan State oop was a lot more wide open and Key made a great play.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Markquis didn't get enough credit for how much of a dime that KU lob was. It was well defended, Wilson did a great job recovering but the ball was just beyond his finger tips. The Michigan State oop was a lot more wide open and Key made a great play.

He and Key both make their parts look waaay easier than they are.  We have been spoiled this season.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the stakes were not quite as high but the OSU oop was an incredible pass and great vision to see KJ late in the shot clock of a close game

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So many legit slams that only one of KJ’s windmills even gets honorable mention.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
God damn it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's fine, cire.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
“Disorderly conduct; brawling and fighting.”

1. Tomlin obv didn’t do anything serious or he would have been charged with battery or assault or something along those lines.

2. This is likely the result of being 6’10” and easily recognizable when a skirmish breaks out at what is now an 18-21 bar.

3. It was at 2AM, so it might not have even been in Tubby’s but easily could have just been a bystander or trying to break up something, yelling as the closing time mob fills the area near corner of 12th and Moro.

TL;DR - the charges scream nothing burger to me and Tomlin will be fine.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like a player that gets a little disorderly from time to time.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
should help improve his ability to finish thru contact

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
unbelievable timing with ngongba in town

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.