Author Topic: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!  (Read 5958 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2022, 10:59:30 AM »
IMO UT should have cakewalked to Arlington. Heads above the rest of the league, but that Texas Tech loss, woof.

I’m not sure why Sark threw the ball so much, might be playing the long game with recruits etc. They would be playing for the Dr Pepper if they just ran the ball more, their run game is virtually unstoppable.
I mean it was pretty stopped during parts of the TCU game and the second half of the KSU game. Robinson is incredible, but you can definitely beat them (or at least wear them down) at the line of scrimmage.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
IMO UT should have cakewalked to Arlington. Heads above the rest of the league, but that Texas Tech loss, woof.

I’m not sure why Sark threw the ball so much, might be playing the long game with recruits etc. They would be playing for the Dr Pepper if they just ran the ball more, their run game is virtually unstoppable.
I mean it was pretty stopped during parts of the TCU game and the second half of the KSU game. Robinson is incredible, but you can definitely beat them (or at least wear them down) at the line of scrimmage.

Yes. Their run game is really quite something, but UT beat KSU with the pass, particularly not having an NFL cornerback checking X. Worthy all game and the ancillary benefits that would have provided.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2022, 10:30:50 PM »
Ty friend!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2022, 12:08:09 AM »
I have, at times, been a real bad person in reference to both gene and CK. I wish Gene didn’t extend idiot Pete Hughes, but he’s made a lot of good moves outside of continuing to choose white crew neck undershirts.

I’m sorry, Gene. And I’m sorry, CK….

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2022, 01:41:56 AM »
As nails as Gene has been with the revenue sports, he's been absolutely horrible with the Olympic sports.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2022, 09:33:34 AM »
Gene has absolutely nailed both revenue sport hires. That's honestly all I care about. Absolute stud! #Daddy

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »
Gene has absolutely nailed both revenue sport hires. That's honestly all I care about. Absolute stud! #Daddy

I was displeased with his extension of oscar, but that's water under the bridge for me now.  I am very pleased with the Mustang.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2022, 10:15:20 AM »
#myguy.

You could tell the win meant a ton to Coach.

https://youtu.be/qMWVc4sAvoQ

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2022, 10:25:40 AM »
As nails as Gene has been with the revenue sports, he's been absolutely horrible with the Olympic sports.
The baseball team is an embarrassment.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2022, 10:29:22 AM »
Stoner boner has talked mad crap on both for years and he automatically goes into hiding during the good times. Seems really hard to pass his litmus test.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2022, 10:38:24 AM »
Well looks like we'll see if he can find a volleyball coach. Fritz is out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2022, 11:39:12 AM »
I know everyone is pretty set in their opinions on this, and I am for sure a broken record on this point as well, but I am 100% solid in my belief that we could lose every single game in every single sport and I’d be delighted as long as Football and Men’s Basketball win. Similarly, we could win a national championship every year in every sport except for Football and Men’s Basketball, and if those two were not competitive I would want the AD fired.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2022, 11:41:21 AM »
Put another way, I hope all of our non-football/men’s basketball student athletes go pro in something other than sports and live very fulfilling and joy filled lives, but I could not give a rat’s ass about their sporting careers at KSU or elsewhere.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2022, 12:17:48 PM »
I’m with Pete
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
Stoner boner has talked mad crap on both for years and he automatically goes into hiding during the good times. Seems really hard to pass his litmus test.

Still one win to go.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2022, 12:54:25 PM »
K-State has the minimum number of sports to be considered full time D1. 

K-State spends $80 plus million a year on the minimum number of sports.  Being good in the major sports and a couple of Olympic sports/baseball should always be achieved.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2022, 02:40:13 PM »
Put another way, I hope all of our non-football/men’s basketball student athletes go pro in something other than sports and live very fulfilling and joy filled lives, but I could not give a rat’s ass about their sporting careers at KSU or elsewhere.

Why is this relevant or even a concern? Sucha weird train of thought, it isn't a zero sum game. Having respectable women and Olympic sports don't come at the detriment of football and basketball. I'd think K-State grads and fans would want us to win a national champion at something at some point, God knows it's not happening in football.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2022, 02:43:52 PM »
K-State has the minimum number of sports to be considered full time D1. 

K-State spends $80 plus million a year on the minimum number of sports.  Being good in the major sports and a couple of Olympic sports/baseball should always be achieved.

The athletic departments that win in basketball and football are also really good at other sports, it's not an accident. You absolutely cannot be good in football and basketball without having an excellent athletic department. Excellence in revenue sports never has and never will exist in a vacuum.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2022, 02:50:27 PM »

Why is this relevant or even a concern? Sucha weird train of thought, it isn't a zero sum game. Having respectable women and Olympic sports don't come at the detriment of football and basketball. I'd think K-State grads and fans would want us to win a national champion at something at some point, God knows it's not happening in football.
We should push all of our chips in on track and field and find a way to cheat at it. Sucks they only get like 50% scholarships there. That’s why my bro chose ULM, because they got him to full between cross country and track.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2022, 02:56:21 PM »

We should push all of our chips in on track and field and find a way to cheat at it. Sucks they only get like 50% scholarships there. That’s why my bro chose ULM, because they got him to full between cross country and track.

If we are not counting baseball then this for sure.  freaking ku won one in women's.  We have a history and if we get enough decathletes and high jumpers we don't even need to have a dominant sprint program to win a natty.

and MIR is right.  A program doesn't have to trade its olympics to win in the good sports. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2022, 05:04:47 PM »
To be fair, if you weren't on the Klieman train from day one, and are/were too pea-brained not to see that Gene hiring Klieman was a gigantic balls move and not the "safe" move many acted like it was, you might be legally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:08 PM »
I liked the hire specifically because it wasn't the safe move.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:49 PM »
I liked the hire specifically because it wasn't the safe move.

Everyone knows CHONGS is a massive brain.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »
I was all aboard the Seth LittreLL train and there is a massive thread of receipts to prove most everyone else was too. Tread lightly or I’ll ask Lib 7 to start digging it up.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2022, 05:16:56 PM »

If we are not counting baseball then this for sure.  freaking ku won one in women's.  We have a history and if we get enough decathletes and high jumpers we don't even need to have a dominant sprint program to win a natty.

and MIR is right.  A program doesn't have to trade its olympics to win in the good sports.

Yes, all of that, I'd love to just go all in on something and get that off our backs, or win like 8 of them and become crop judging levels good at it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla