Author Topic: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!  (Read 6031 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2022, 05:17:53 PM »
I was all aboard the Seth Latrell train and there is a massive thread of receipts to prove most everyone else was too. Tread lightly or I’ll ask Lib 7 to start digging it up.

I’ve turned. I’m excited. Big balls by GT if true and a huge gamble. I also like big boy football and that’s what we’d play if we hire Klieman.

:cool: u digg?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2022, 05:41:58 PM »
I was all aboard the Seth LittreLL train and there is a massive thread of receipts to prove most everyone else was too. Tread lightly or I’ll ask Lib 7 to start digging it up.

Do it, so I can arrive stunt on you hoes, again.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2022, 06:10:01 PM »
I was very much on the Seth train.  Glad to be an idiot.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »
Put another way, I hope all of our non-football/men’s basketball student athletes go pro in something other than sports and live very fulfilling and joy filled lives, but I could not give a rat’s ass about their sporting careers at KSU or elsewhere.

Why is this relevant or even a concern? Sucha weird train of thought, it isn't a zero sum game. Having respectable women and Olympic sports don't come at the detriment of football and basketball. I'd think K-State grads and fans would want us to win a national champion at something at some point, God knows it's not happening in football.
We should push all of our chips in on track and field and find a way to cheat at it. Sucks they only get like 50% scholarships there. That’s why my bro chose ULM, because they got him to full between cross country and track.

If we are not counting baseball then this for sure.  freaking ku won one in women's.  We have a history and if we get enough decathletes and high jumpers we don't even need to have a dominant sprint program to win a natty.

and MIR is right.  A program doesn't have to trade its olympics to win in the good sports.

Yes, all of that, I'd love to just go all in on something and get that off our backs, or win like 8 of them and become crop judging levels good at it
I think the point is that everyone can be on board with lobbying the AD to do a better job with the non-revenue sports, but many fans (myself included) would never want to fire an AD if we were having success in FB and BB—regardless of everything else.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2022, 07:01:11 PM »
I was all aboard the Seth Latrell train and there is a massive thread of receipts to prove most everyone else was too. Tread lightly or I’ll ask Lib 7 to start digging it up.

I’ve turned. I’m excited. Big balls by GT if true and a huge gamble. I also like big boy football and that’s what we’d play if we hire Klieman.

:cool: u digg?
I’ve said it a few times already, but jmarks’ anti-Litrell thread turned me onto Kleiman.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »
Put another way, I hope all of our non-football/men’s basketball student athletes go pro in something other than sports and live very fulfilling and joy filled lives, but I could not give a rat’s ass about their sporting careers at KSU or elsewhere.

Why is this relevant or even a concern? Sucha weird train of thought, it isn't a zero sum game. Having respectable women and Olympic sports don't come at the detriment of football and basketball. I'd think K-State grads and fans would want us to win a national champion at something at some point, God knows it's not happening in football.
It is relevant because in response to praise for the job Gene has done with football and basketball people posted complaints about non revenue sports and those complaints are meritless because non revenue sports should not be a part of the evaluation of the effectiveness of an AD.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2022, 08:36:11 PM »
Gene needs to apologize to all of us for trying to hire LittreLL.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2022, 11:23:45 PM »

It is relevant because in response to praise for the job Gene has done with football and basketball people posted complaints about non revenue sports and those complaints are meritless because non revenue sports should not be a part of the evaluation of the effectiveness of an AD.

It wasn't people, it was me. Neither me nor the two other people who took exception to how he's handling baseball indicated that Gene was a bad AD or should be fired because of it. For someone not wanting to belabor a very radical point, you sure seem to find ways to clumsily shoehorn that point fairly frequently. We know you don't care for any sports other than football and men's basketball.

Gene, like every other person with a job ever, will have the totality of his job judged and evaluated. If he has the success in football and basketball you want, he's almost certainly going to have success in other sports as well because he's a good athletic director. You can definitely be like 3/4 of all college sports fans and just worry about those two other sports without constantly telling us about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2022, 11:25:14 PM »
Gene needs to apologize to all of us for trying to hire LittreLL.

He didn't tho. If he offered that chaw chomping red dirt downgrade the job, he would have sprinted to Manhattan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2022, 12:14:02 AM »

It wasn't people, it was me. Neither me nor the two other people who took exception to how he's handling baseball indicated that Gene was a bad AD or should be fired because of it. For someone not wanting to belabor a very radical point, you sure seem to find ways to clumsily shoehorn that point fairly frequently. We know you don't care for any sports other than football and men's basketball.

Gene, like every other person with a job ever, will have the totality of his job judged and evaluated. If he has the success in football and basketball you want, he's almost certainly going to have success in other sports as well because he's a good athletic director. You can definitely be like 3/4 of all college sports fans and just worry about those two other sports without constantly telling us about it.
You are not the boss of me.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2022, 08:01:19 AM »
I only like the two big ones (and bass fishing + soil/crop judging) too, Pete.  Gene is checking every box for me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2022, 01:41:09 PM »
I was excited about Lulztrell.

Thought that the hiring process was a sham to hire his buddy.  Which it probably still was but glad it is working out.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2022, 02:29:01 PM »

Same.  I even mumped around with neil brown.  happy to be dumb

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2022, 02:55:16 PM »

Same.  I even mumped around with neil brown.  happy to be dumb
I liked'em all really.  Norvell too.

Gene knew better.  That's why they call him the Gene-ius.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2022, 03:23:52 PM »
We just all wanted Snyder’s dusty ass to be gone so bad we fell for the first piece of ass that got thrown our way.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2022, 03:32:24 PM »
No need for me to apologize.  While I was not overly enthusiastic, I know the Klie-man won multiple championships as both coordinator and head coach.  Most importantly the success continued after he ascended so it was likely he was the secret sauce all along.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »

Thought that the hiring process was a sham to hire his buddy.  Which it probably still was but glad it is working out.

The only thing that was a sham about it was that Gene had to give the appearance that someone like Seth LittreLL had anything close to the qualifications as Chris Klieman. Absolutely rough ridin' ridiculous that someone, at the time, was 23-17 at North Texas was a better candidate than someone who won 7 consecutive FCS championships. Some of you downgrades we're calling him a D2 coach, as if rough ridin' North Texas was ever a better program than NDSU.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2022, 04:01:42 PM »
I think there were some legitimate questions/concerns to be had with CK (recruiting, different competition levels, what he inherited at NDSU).  But the truth is, I think a lot of people were swept up in the hot midmajor coach du jour who looked kind of like Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights and wanted to feel like big important boys and when we didn't get our way we threw a tantrum and projected.  That was probably my psychology.  "Settling" for the CK "experiment" didn't seem flashy enough.  Felt SLTHy.

Idiotic stuff, but I think that's what happened.  I will say that after the initial disappointment, which lasted probably less than 2-days, the resistant portions of the fanbase (myself included) got won over.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2022, 04:06:28 PM »
i hated it for like two seconds because of wanting LittreLL, which is sufficiently hilarious looking back. but i got swayed very quickly after hearing him talk and giving it some rational thought, and eventually realized he was potentially the absolute perfect hire for k-state. high levels of competence, slthyness, adaptability, and friends-with-gene-ness that he won't have any desire to go elsewhere.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2022, 04:14:08 PM »
Klanderman and Klein both being legit very good also helped out quite a bit. 

kleiman's stock before the texas tech game last year wasn't pretty, but since then, he's 14-5. 

all in all, looking back, he's been great.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2022, 04:36:49 PM »
I think there were some legitimate questions/concerns to be had with CK (recruiting, different competition levels, what he inherited at NDSU).  But the truth is, I think a lot of people were swept up in the hot midmajor coach du jour who looked kind of like Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights and wanted to feel like big important boys and when we didn't get our way we threw a tantrum and projected.  That was probably my psychology.  "Settling" for the CK "experiment" didn't seem flashy enough.  Felt SLTHy.

Idiotic stuff, but I think that's what happened.  I will say that after the initial disappointment, which lasted probably less than 2-days, the resistant portions of the fanbase (myself included) got won over.

word for word correct except it took me longer to be won over likely because I am not used to being wrong.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »

The only thing that was a sham about it was that Gene had to give the appearance that someone like Seth LittreLL had anything close to the qualifications as Chris Klieman. Absolutely rough ridin' ridiculous that someone, at the time, was 23-17 at North Texas was a better candidate than someone who won 7 consecutive FCS championships. Some of you downgrades we're calling him a D2 coach, as if rough ridin' North Texas was ever a better program than NDSU.

Damn straight, I will not apologize either.