Author Topic: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!  (Read 5961 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Apologize to Klieman and Gene in this thread!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2022, 12:31:10 PM »
No gEing I am in general about as reasonably happy with our coaching hire and what he has for the most part done during his nearly 4 seasons as our coach.

I am most happy that we can I think now say we don't need a Snyder to win at K-State, which was for me the fundamental thing he had to prove and has done so

I like getting to 8 wins 3/4 seasons, with a fairly okish excuse for a weird as 2020, which still even featured us coming back and beating OU.

He's also won a bowl game fairly emphatically, that is good too.

If he does beat ku again this week and send us to the Pepper, it's another decent feather in his cap, and if he beats TCU that's a real big feather he can claim, and if we then win the Sugar bowl it'll be quite the season, even with some wtf game, and we can look forward to Will Howard for one more season leading us to many more wins next year. He's got a lot of chances here in the not too distant future to make himself distinguished instead of being a nice but not spectacular coach. I do think the future is fairly bright, and overall we're moving in a good direction, but it may take us a bit yet to get there, we'll see.
Call me small timey but I will be perfectly happy if this is what the average Cat football season looks like for the rest of my life.

I mean we'd make the playoffs more often than not.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:08 PM »
No gEing I am in general about as reasonably happy with our coaching hire and what he has for the most part done during his nearly 4 seasons as our coach.

I am most happy that we can I think now say we don't need a Snyder to win at K-State, which was for me the fundamental thing he had to prove and has done so

I like getting to 8 wins 3/4 seasons, with a fairly okish excuse for a weird as 2020, which still even featured us coming back and beating OU.

If he does beat ku again this week and send us to the Pepper, it's another decent feather in his cap, and if he beats TCU that's a real big feather he can claim, and if we then win the Sugar bowl it'll be quite the season, even with some wtf game, and we can look forward to Will Howard for one more season leading us to many more wins next year. He's got a lot of chances here in the not too distant future to make himself distinguished instead of being a nice but not spectacular coach. I do think the future is fairly bright, and overall we're moving in a good direction, but it may take us a bit yet to get there, we'll see.
Call me small timey but I will be perfectly happy if this is what the average Cat football season looks like for the rest of my life.

I think being in the final 6 at large teams 50% of the time is too high of a standard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2022, 12:38:31 PM »

I think being in the final 6 at large teams 50% of the time is too high of a standard.

Right, but he said "this season." This season would be playoff bubble most years, and that's without getting the conference auto bid. We're going to win 9-11 games this year, that's not going to happen every year or even every other year.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2022, 12:40:31 PM »
My thoughts, at the time of the hire, was that it had a higher risk of being a total disaster than some of the other candidates given his lack of work at the D1 level but if he could replicate what he did into a D1 model then it would be great.  Based on what has been done so far I think we can safely say this is not a disaster (aka Ron Prince). 

He still has a lot of work to do to get us to the peak Snyder era though.  I am generally pleased and think we are headed in the right direction, he seems to be able to recruit at a high level (not Alabama high but KSU high) which was my biggest concern.

I don’t think it’s feasible to ever get back to peak Snyder era.

Why?  We will arguably have an easier path to the playoffs and no real whale in the conference to recruit against.  Peak Snyder is 10 - 11 win seasons, competing for conference championships, and every decade or so being discussed as a National Title contender late into a season. That seems feasible to me.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2022, 12:47:52 PM »

The Athletic did a respective 12-team playoff appearance going back to 1998 (24 years) using the BCS\CFP rankings to seed teams per the new format.  They have us in the playoffs 8 of those 24 years (33%). That is tied for 11th most.

1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2011, 2012, 2014

I see no reason we can't make similar runs in the future. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »

Right, but he said "this season." This season would be playoff bubble most years, and that's without getting the conference auto bid. We're going to win 9-11 games this year, that's not going to happen every year or even every other year.

I would think under the NuNuBig12 w/auto playoff spot any team that is able to get themselves to the CCG, or a shot at it, could consider that a bubble playoff team, and that is probably something a ton of teams (Okie St, Cincy, UCF, TCU, Baylor) would be in the hunt practically yearly if not every other year. I guess it depends on how we do divisions (or lackthereof), and what you consider a bubble team. Texas can still say that with 4 losses with 1 to play. I guess I figure being north of 8/9 wins is going to consistently get you chance of playing in the CCG, and therefore the playoffs. I think to think we couldn't do that is limiting ourselves.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2022, 01:10:08 PM »
I'm pretty happy just winning more games than we lose #smalltimey
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2022, 01:36:23 PM »
I mean there's a very good chance we'll win the Dr Pepper and go to the Sugar bowl. Gloat and party then!

This

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2022, 01:59:21 PM »
A lot of prideful anonymous trolls on here who love to talk crap to these guys daily, acting like nothing has been accomplished. I love to see it!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2022, 02:48:36 PM »
If we lose to Kansas and don't play for a Big 12 title, I will look at this season as a disappointment. I think we will beat them, but we haven't done it yet.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2022, 02:52:41 PM »
If we lose to Kansas and don't play for a Big 12 title, I will look at this season as a disappointment. I think we will beat them, but we haven't done it yet.
And when it eventually happens under Klieman, it will be the second greatest achievement under #Kstate head coach in football history. Gene also hired the most likeable head basketball coach in our time as K-State fans. Prop them up!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2022, 03:00:37 PM »
And when it eventually happens under Klieman, it will be the second greatest achievement under #Kstate head coach in football history. Gene also hired the most likeable head basketball coach in our time as K-State fans. Prop them up!

Oh, I like them both. Never said anything negative about either of them. The fact that missing the championship game would be a disappointment speaks to Kleiman being a good enough coach to set those expectations.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2022, 03:37:24 PM »
A lot of prideful anonymous trolls on here who love to talk crap to these guys daily, acting like nothing has been accomplished. I love to see it!
Quit getting victimized by your imagination.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2022, 03:38:25 PM »
Lol. K! :Wha:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2022, 03:56:58 PM »
Chill there was lots of reason to be skeptical but we still gave him a chance. Can’t say that about the way we treated elite 8 coach oscar

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2022, 04:03:37 PM »
Our fan base is still really stupid about how hard it can be to recruit to the middle of nowhere Kansas in 2022. Especially during the NIL experience, but whatever.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2022, 04:06:23 PM »
We have actual board members on this blog that stopped watching games after Frank left because of dumb pride and missed 2 big 12 basketball championships during the process.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »
Klieman has as many Dr Peppers as Ron Prince right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2022, 04:11:03 PM »
Chill there was lots of reason to be skeptical but we still gave him a chance. Can’t say that about the way we treated elite 8 coach oscar

I’ve probably been the most outspoken about this but I’ll say it again: oscar just needed more time

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2022, 04:37:36 PM »
Just look at how much oscar coached up Nijel Pack, who is really struggling now.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2022, 04:47:02 PM »
Just look at how much oscar coached up Nijel Pack, who is really struggling now.
This is the football board.  You are free to troll the basketball one with stuff like this to your heart's content. 

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2022, 04:51:58 PM »
Chings is so mad :lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »
Sure why not

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2022, 05:10:51 PM »
How sad the Oscar forever dregs have to pollute the football board with their denial and never-ending pity party.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »
It’s been 20 years since #Kstate football played an actual big 12 championship game for football. Oscar secured 2 in the last 10. It’s whatever. Go cats! Do what’s necessary to you Virgin owners to make it right.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 05:46:15 PM by DreamWeaver69 »