Author Topic: Greg's Chant of the week thread  (Read 11782 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Greg's Chant of the week thread
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2022, 01:32:35 PM »
Honestly the only way to maybe get the students to stop would be to start making an example of random people  and just ejecting them from games.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2022, 02:20:59 PM »
Honestly the only way to maybe get the students to stop would be to start making an example of random people  and just ejecting them from games.
The university doesn’t have to be desperate to get the students to stop.

The ironic thing is the band is holding this cudgel over the students heads thinking they have some leverage of taking away a nationally recognized tradition by not playing wabash. When the reality is the tradition is already ruined as long as the chant persists. We’re not going to get any positive recognition for wabash as long as the chant continues so it’s really no leverage at all.

Just stop playing the song.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2022, 02:25:18 PM »
‘Nationally recognized tradition’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »

It’s pretty well known.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2022, 02:32:32 PM »
It’s not that we’ll known

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2022, 02:34:37 PM »
I said it in the wrong thread, but making it about ku no matter the opponent is small dick energy. Don't care about "eff" being used.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2022, 05:26:42 PM »

https://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127372/college-football-roundtable-best-pregame-tradition

If you haven’t been in LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium when “The Pride of Wildcat” band is playing "Wabash Cannonball" in front of the Kansas State student section, you need to put that on your bucket list. It’s hard to not get in the football mood when watching the Wildcats band get the student section hyped for Big 12 football. Not only is "Wabash Cannonball" a catchy tune, but it also combines with the coordination in the student section to become one of college football’s best pregame traditions.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2022, 06:15:54 PM »
On today’s Ask The AD Gene zigged when everyone thought would zag. He chided the students for that one picture of the trash on twitter before bringing up the chant.

Also I searched the transcript & Gene said “yeah” 7 times.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2022, 07:41:08 PM »
Eject the student section next time

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2022, 07:43:05 PM »
Eject the student section next time

Warn

Play wabash

Throw them out

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2022, 07:44:39 PM »
I bet they would stop if we forfeited the game.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2022, 07:46:19 PM »
Duece Vaughn on the jumbo urging the students to stop saying eff KU so he can keep his heisman campaign alive
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2022, 07:47:10 PM »

"Kansas State enters the Big12 championship game with an 11-1 record, their only loss being a forfeit vs Tulane after their student section refused to stop chanting F KU after multiple warnings"

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2022, 07:49:48 PM »

"Kansas State enters the Big12 championship game with an 11-1 record, their only loss being a forfeit vs Tulane after their student section refused to stop chanting F KU after multiple warnings"

:lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2022, 08:49:10 PM »
I have a solution. Someone break into wherever the band stores their sheet music (i assume Nichols Hall?). Collect all the copies of Wabash. Then set the building on fire. Take the Wabash sheet music and leave it on Doctor Frank Tracz’s front porch.

Bam. Now what? The band has one song. Will the students raise The Chant™? for the 14th time only midway through the first quarter or will they get bored? Let the chips fall where they will.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2022, 10:12:23 PM »
It’s not that we’ll known

When I was in high school I could throw a football over a quarter mile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2022, 10:26:57 PM »
This is all Greg's fault.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2022, 11:24:31 PM »

https://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127372/college-football-roundtable-best-pregame-tradition

If you haven’t been in LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium when “The Pride of Wildcat” band is playing "Wabash Cannonball" in front of the Kansas State student section, you need to put that on your bucket list. It’s hard to not get in the football mood when watching the Wildcats band get the student section hyped for Big 12 football. Not only is "Wabash Cannonball" a catchy tune, but it also combines with the coordination in the student section to become one of college football’s best pregame traditions.

It, like rock chalk jayhawk, are nationality recognized by the literal 1% of the population who closely follow college sports. The same percentage of people in Florida who know what the wabash cannonball is is the same percentage of people in Kansas who know the name of Florida State's horse is or who Mr. 2 Bits is.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2022, 08:55:13 AM »
This morning’s developments are the best possible way to end the week and this insane conversation

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »

It, like rock chalk jayhawk, are nationality recognized by the literal 1% of the population who closely follow college sports. The same percentage of people in Florida who know what the wabash cannonball is is the same percentage of people in Kansas who know the name of Florida State's horse is or who Mr. 2 Bits is.
RENEGADE

I know 2 Bits is a Florida thing, and I think it's about a fan, maybe?  But that's the extent of my knowledge on that one.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2022, 09:54:52 AM »
This morning’s developments are the best possible way to end the week and this insane conversation

It was hilarious until the Collegian quoted someone with #1 Pre-Game tradition, which I hate.

Seriously, this is hilarious.

Also, I had never heard of 2-bit until the guy died.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2022, 10:03:34 AM »
I said it in the wrong thread, but making it about ku no matter the opponent is small dick energy. Don't care about "eff" being used.

This has been my thing forever.  Littlebro syndrome.  No better way to let an opponent know that they absolutely own you than to chant about them while playing someone else.  It's sad as eff. 

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »

This has been my thing forever.  Littlebro syndrome.  No better way to let an opponent know that they absolutely own you is to chant about them while playing someone else.  It's sad as eff.
It's seriously sad and most goobers don't see it that way. Goddamn, I hate sheep humpers too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2022, 10:08:31 AM »

This has been my thing forever.  Littlebro syndrome.  No better way to let an opponent know that they absolutely own you is to chant about them while playing someone else.  It's sad as eff.
It's seriously sad and most goobers don't see it that way. Goddamn, I hate sheep humpers too.

It's an even bigger self own than thousands of ppl miming open handed blowjobs to the camera constantly. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2022, 11:06:37 AM »

If you haven’t been in LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium when “The Pride of Wildcat” band is playing "Wabash Cannonball" in front of the Kansas State student section, you need to put that on your bucket list. It’s hard to not get in the football mood when watching the Wildcats band get the student section hyped for Big 12 football. Not only is "Wabash Cannonball" a catchy tune, but it also combines with the coordination in the student section to become one of college football’s best pregame traditions.

If your argument is that you have to know or care at all about fan pregame traditions to recognize it then yeah, I agree.