Author Topic: Thread for when someone on the other side does something good  (Read 4656 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for when someone on the other side does something good
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2024, 01:43:10 PM »
I hope some hobo squats in michigancats car making him unable to move it across the street every day and he gets a years worth of tickets

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2024, 01:59:17 PM »
I hope some hobo squats in michigancats car making him unable to move it across the street every day and he gets a years worth of tickets

another way to do this would be for the people parked in front of and behind michcat to simply engage their parking brakes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2024, 02:13:55 PM »

seizethemeansofproductioncat

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2024, 03:19:53 PM »
You have to remember that michigancat doesn't believe in property ownership
If I mostly just lived in SF and NY I’d probably think property ownership is only some urban legend.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2024, 03:55:43 PM »

another way to do this would be for the people parked in front of and behind michcat to simply engage their parking brakes

:lol: :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2024, 05:40:11 PM »
I think I'm on kRusty's side now, this is disgusting

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1773819634778522013
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2024, 06:02:13 PM »
I think I'm on kRusty's side now, this is disgusting

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1773819634778522013
LOL at the idea that Abbott wouldn’t be advocating for gun violence in property disputes if squatters had more rights.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2024, 06:03:27 PM »
This has to be a trap of some sort so I refuse to give my thoughts on the matter.  :shakesfist:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2024, 06:09:43 PM »
I probably lean more Abbott than not on the idea of coming home to someone claiming my home is theirs and refusing to leave.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 06:29:53 PM »
is this a thing all of a sudden because of tiktok? I genuinely don't know how squatters rights entered the right wing discourse

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 06:32:00 PM »
is this a thing all of a sudden because of tiktok? I genuinely don't know how squatters rights entered the right wing discourse

I assume, as always, Fox News.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 06:43:03 PM »
The whole idea of squatters rights was the idea that Indians couldn’t take care of the land or use it right.

Giving white famines free reign to illegally settle on treaty lands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 07:12:32 PM »

It’s been all over Reddit for months. Not in a left or right way, but in a “this happened to me and it’s mumped up” way.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 07:18:28 PM »

It’s been all over Reddit for months. Not in a left or right way, but in a “this happened to me and it’s mumped up” way.

My mom doesn't reddit, tho

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2024, 08:08:38 PM »

I’ve heard that r/conservative interviewers you to make sure you’re a believer before allowing you to join.  You might have her check it out.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2024, 08:13:48 PM »

I’ve heard that r/conservative interviewers you to make sure you’re a believer before allowing you to join.  You might have her check it out.

I will not do that. My mom thought her TV was broken for a year before we discovered the HDMI cable wasn't plugged in. She wouldn't be able to navigate reddit.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2024, 08:29:00 PM »

I will not do that. My mom thought her TV was broken for a year before we discovered the HDMI cable wasn't plugged in. She wouldn't be able to navigate reddit.

The dog vids, though!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2024, 08:55:59 PM »
you should probably have to call the cops first but if they refuse to help you, you should be able to shoot someone squatting on your property.  there's no way to accidentally squat, it's a very deliberate crime.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2024, 09:04:37 PM »
As much as I’m a radical leftist, I don’t have a problem with the idea that you should be able to defend yourself in your home without risk of being charged criminally.

That said, I’m sure Gregory has a very broad interpretation on who has standing in such cases. Some guy from the next county over will drive in to defend an auto zone he’s never been inside and doesn’t know the owner.

Also, I’d bet dollars to donuts the “I took my family on a wholesome vacation and when we got home squatters had stolen our home!” Is going to be 2024’s litter box in the classroom fiasco

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2024, 09:10:54 PM »
As much as I’m a radical leftist, I don’t have a problem with the idea that you should be able to defend yourself in your home without risk of being charged criminally.

That said, I’m sure Gregory has a very broad interpretation on who has standing in such cases. Some guy from the next county over will drive in to defend an auto zone he’s never been inside and doesn’t know the owner.

Also, I’d bet dollars to donuts the “I took my family on a wholesome vacation and when we got home squatters had stolen our home!” Is going to be 2024’s litter box in the classroom fiasco

Yes. That doesn't really happen. Our property law is based on English Common Law, which in fact DID have a general policy of putting property to productive use, hence the Rule Against Perpetuities. It grew out of feudal times. I don't think it's all that burdensome to evict squatters. But also, use your rough ridin' property, folks.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2024, 09:45:36 PM »
from a functional perspective squatting it either takes a significant amount of wealth or exceptionally unique circumstances to be affected by a squatting incident

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2024, 10:14:17 PM »
i mean, these are in the news because in some states, it doesn't.  your house is vacant and some bad person breaks in, claims he has a lease and you're mumped.  it takes months to evict them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2024, 10:25:42 PM »
i mean, these are in the news because in some states, it doesn't.  your house is vacant and some bad person breaks in, claims he has a lease and you're mumped.  it takes months to evict them.
But like, what is the dollar impact of those assholes annually? I imagine there are plenty of thefts with greater impact.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2024, 10:42:10 PM »
But like, what is the dollar impact of those assholes annually? I imagine there are plenty of thefts with greater impact.
Do you think stealing a $500 item from someone’s bag at the gym should be treated similar to stealing a $500 from their bedroom?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2024, 10:44:28 PM »
Do you think stealing a $500 item from someone’s bag at the gym should be treated similar to stealing a $500 from their bedroom?

I'm talking about total dollar impact, not impact per crime. I'm assuming squatting isn't terribly common and has a low dollar impact, unlike stealing from gym bags or bedrooms. But I'm not sure! Like I really only knew this was being discussed because of this thread and headlines about those Malibu squatters