Author Topic: Seasons  (Read 7290 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Seasons
« on: April 07, 2022, 08:52:02 AM »
S Tier - Fall, Summer
D Tier - Winter
F Tier - Spring

Spring sucks so much ass. If it's warm it's only warm for a tiny window and then the wind blows like a MF and it rains and now it's 40 degrees again. Just such a shitty season. Give me 100 degree summer days at the pool or ballpark or a brisk (but reliable) fall day of hoddies and football. Winter is pretty garbagey too. It's cold but it's supposed to be so you know what you're getting at least which makes it far superior to shitty spring.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Seasons
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »
Spring would probably be the best if my allergies weren't so bad throughout most of it. 40 degree evenings are awesome.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »
this is my first time experiencing seasons in like ten years and my problem with spring in New York is it's called spring and actually, it's not. It's just winter 2.0. There were like two nice days three weeks ago and that doesn't count.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:05:25 AM »
Spring and fall each have 1-3 weeks of the best weather of the year and the remainder is winter/summer lite. Anyone who doesn't think spring and fall are easily the best seasons has a malfunctioning brain.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »
this is my first time experiencing seasons in like ten years and my problem with spring in New York is it's called spring and actually, it's not. It's just winter 2.0. There were like two nice days three weeks ago and that doesn't count.

yeah, spring rough ridin' sucks and we all hate it

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »
I don't grill/bbq anything in the winter really so I enjoy busting that back out in the spring.  That's about it though.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 09:41:44 AM »
Spring and fall each have 1-3 weeks of the best weather of the year and the remainder is winter/summer lite. Anyone who doesn't think spring and fall are easily the best seasons has a malfunctioning brain.
This is the correct answer

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 09:49:30 AM »
the only problem with spring is it turns into summer too damn fast.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 09:50:49 AM »
Spring is giant tease.  It is the best of times and the worst of times.  The warm sunshine following winter is magnificent.  But the trails are a mix of snow and ice and mud and nothing angers me more than a beautiful day with unusable trails. 

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »

don't recall when you moved (late summer/early fall?) but fun nugget about summers...sure the temp isn't as hot as places like KS (definitely much hotter than SF tho) but when you have to walk everywhere you still get plenty damn sweaty. The non-air conditioned subway stations in the summer...yowza. You have to like, go stand at the top of the stairs so that when the train goes through the tunnel that slug of air whooshes up the stairs to give you a little breeze and then you're like crap what has my life come to, i'm standing here sweating my balls off in the subway praying for a blast of subway tunnel air to provide me a brief respite from this hellscape.

Although idk, maybe the area of Brooklyn that you're in has more modern subway stations. No such luck on the A/C stations in Bed Stuy

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 10:56:45 AM »
Fall is the best and I just tolerate everything else.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 01:13:46 PM »
S Tier - Fall, Summer
D Tier - Winter
F Tier - Spring

Spring sucks so much ass. If it's warm it's only warm for a tiny window and then the wind blows like a MF and it rains and now it's 40 degrees again. Just such a shitty season. Give me 100 degree summer days at the pool or ballpark or a brisk (but reliable) fall day of hoddies and football. Winter is pretty garbagey too. It's cold but it's supposed to be so you know what you're getting at least which makes it far superior to shitty spring.

I would switch Winter and Spring on your list, but pretty much agree. Winter is the worst rough ridin' thing ever.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 01:15:48 PM »

don't recall when you moved (late summer/early fall?) but fun nugget about summers...sure the temp isn't as hot as places like KS (definitely much hotter than SF tho) but when you have to walk everywhere you still get plenty damn sweaty. The non-air conditioned subway stations in the summer...yowza. You have to like, go stand at the top of the stairs so that when the train goes through the tunnel that slug of air whooshes up the stairs to give you a little breeze and then you're like crap what has my life come to, i'm standing here sweating my balls off in the subway praying for a blast of subway tunnel air to provide me a brief respite from this hellscape.

Although idk, maybe the area of Brooklyn that you're in has more modern subway stations. No such luck on the A/C stations in Bed Stuy

I moved in August so I got a taste of it. I sweated a ton but didn't notice any subway stations being extra hot.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seasons
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 01:20:27 PM »
I kinda like North Texas weather cause late Fall through early Spring is pretty reliably great (coinciding with good sports) other than the ocasional 90 and 30 degree days sprinkled in. Everything else is just different shades of hot.

Everywhere I’ve lived Spring has been a total scam. Great in theory but rarely temperate and brings a crap ton of allergens to my nose and weeds to my lawn.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 01:20:30 PM »
spring is amazing you freaks

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2022, 01:21:52 PM »
"yeah spring is worse than winter because sometimes spring feels almost as bad as winter" what the eff is wrong with you

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2022, 01:26:20 PM »
people forget that spring ends June 21st or whatever.  June 1-21 rules

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2022, 01:45:06 PM »
"yeah spring is worse than winter because sometimes spring feels almost as bad as winter" what the eff is wrong with you

it's because it's the last two months of winter. Like the last month of winter can be identical weather wise to the first month of winter but the last month will be worse because you're sick of the crap. Also it's winter without snow*. *the best part of winter, by far

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »

it's because it's the last two months of winter. Like the last month of winter can be identical weather wise to the first month of winter but the last month will be worse because you're sick of the crap. Also it's winter without snow*. *the best part of winter, by far

are you saying winter extends to may 22? what

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2022, 02:47:47 PM »

are you saying winter extends to may 22? what
At this point? MAYBE

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2022, 04:38:38 PM »
it's gonna be 95 today.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2022, 05:09:43 PM »
Might snow here tonight

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2022, 09:09:56 PM »
It is too windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2022, 09:12:05 PM »
Snowed today. God Spring sucks so much.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2022, 08:47:10 AM »
Gaffigan has a funny set about Spring being one day.  Okay it's not much of a set.  That's the joke.