Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57505 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2022, 01:55:30 PM »
Maximus has entered the portal  :Chirp:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2022, 01:56:58 PM »
Yea everyone not named Ish,Nowell, Landers is leaving
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »
I definitely wouldn't have had Max leaving and Logan staying.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2022, 02:32:50 PM »
I don’t understand Maximus, you get one free transfer. Wherever he goes this year is going to be somewhat of a crapshoot. He might as well take his crapshoot with the new staff at Kansas State and see how that works as a red shirt freshman. If it doesn’t work he can always take his free transfer and he has a year of actual playing time to show the new coaches. Unless he just didn’t have a choice and the new staff did not want to retain him. :dunno:

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »
I can definitely understand Landers being pleased Oscar is gone.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2022, 03:29:37 PM »
good x 2

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2022, 03:31:05 PM »
Total tally was 8, I wouldn’t have guessed Nijel as one of them though.   Time to start restocking the cupboards with some actual P6 players and whip our dicks out again.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2022, 03:32:26 PM »
i also hope to be able to whip out our dicks again in the near future

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2022, 03:48:51 PM »
Low Transfer Portal IQ here, when is the normal period to starting signing Dudes?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2022, 03:53:47 PM »
Low Transfer Portal IQ here, when is the normal period to starting signing Dudes?

My guess is after the dead period ends we will see a few visits/commits.  Filling the whole roster with good talent might be a 4 month endeavor tho until August when they have to have kids enrolled for fall semester.   

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2022, 04:06:56 PM »

I don't know the official spring signing date, but transfer players are free to commit whenever. Georgia has already received a commitment from K-State portal target Justin Hill, for example.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2022, 04:11:38 PM »
Low Transfer Portal IQ here, why is everyone leaving? They don't like the new staff? Are they being told to hit the road by the new staff? Do they realize they will never see the floor with all the dudes that are going to be filling the roster?

I trust the plan but I kind of thought the plan would be to coach up about half of the existing roster and bring in dudes to fill up the balance. This is more attrition than I expected.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2022, 04:22:58 PM »
i think these are various combinations and flavors of guys getting tang'd but also wanting to gtfo. some more than others on each end and we'll never know the exact reasons.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »
i think these are various combinations and flavors of guys getting tang'd but also wanting to gtfo. some more than others on each end and we'll never know the exact reasons.
:thumbs:

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2022, 04:26:51 PM »
Low Transfer Portal IQ here, why is everyone leaving? They don't like the new staff? Are they being told to hit the road by the new staff? Do they realize they will never see the floor with all the dudes that are going to be filling the roster?

I trust the plan but I kind of thought the plan would be to coach up about half of the existing roster and bring in dudes to fill up the balance. This is more attrition than I expected.

This x 2

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »

oscar recruited a squad full of guys that aren’t P6 players so Tang had to clean house

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2022, 04:30:07 PM »

oscar recruited a squad full of guys that aren’t P6 players so Tang had to clean house
Ok, but wouldn't Landers be at the top of the list to be Tang'd.  (I ask this as a person who watched exactly one game from start to finish this year.)
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2022, 04:33:49 PM »

Ok, but wouldn't Landers be at the top of the list to be Tang'd.  (I ask this as a person who watched exactly one game from start to finish this year.)

Supposedly the guys that were recruited to KSU out of HS have some kind of 4 year guarantee on their scholarship that the P5 conferences put together a few years back.  It would appear Logan is excersizing that option despite the likely feedback from coaches that he won’t see the floor.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2022, 04:58:03 PM »
Seems like a lot of these guys were pretty loyal to oscar.  That's respectable and all, but GTFO .  It's obvious that Tang is looking for guys with a different mindset and whether he's asking them to leave or not, I'd much rather have a team full of players recruited by the current staff.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2022, 05:02:58 PM »
This year's men's bb banquette is going to be a real joy.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2022, 05:04:48 PM »
Wasn’t there some hype around Landers as a developmental big man? Maybe #tanggang thinks they can unlock that. We all know oscar was terrible at developing bigs so I’m holding off judgement on him until I see if he can do anything with this new staff.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »
This year's men's bb banquette is going to be a real joy.

lol. [size=78%]I wonder who’s going to win the Shorty Morgan most inspirational wildcat basketball player this year[/size]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2022, 06:31:10 PM »
Total tally was 8, I wouldn’t have guessed Nijel as one of them though.   Time to start restocking the cupboards with some actual P6 players and whip our dicks out again.

Me neither, my seven would have not had Nijel or Kaosi. I was pretty adamant that Kaosi be allowed to stay, because he didn't have a redshirt year, but I didn't realize he used that redshirt year to transfer here and he still has his free transfer. I wish Selton had stayed, I think he would have been a very good role player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2022, 06:32:48 PM »

Supposedly the guys that were recruited to KSU out of HS have some kind of 4 year guarantee on their scholarship that the P5 conferences put together a few years back.  It would appear Logan is excersizing that option despite the likely feedback from coaches that he won’t see the floor.

accurate