Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57459 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2022, 11:37:09 PM »
It’s kinda like when you start a new job and then suddenly your boss gets replaced by a younger, cooler boss who wants to make everyone rich and you’re like wtf this isn’t what I signed up for.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2022, 11:39:44 PM »
lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2022, 12:08:53 AM »
not to hur hur things, but it’s a very weird sensation on some of these posts to have to google if they’re on our team (this one was easy ofc because direct)

Every single program in America has players who don't ever play. I don't know why y'all view your lack of knowledge of the bottom of the roster guys an indictment of anything other than yourselves.

Frank had guys like James Watson, Sean Meyer, and Justin Werner, whoopty damn doo.

We knew all those guys. Now, randoms in Vegas didn’t necessarily know Werner or that I wasn’t him.

Yeah, that's the point. Who is we? I just saw some dude on the 08-09 roster named Anthony Downing and I'm certain that's the first time I've ever seen that name and I'm even more certain that's the first time it's been typed on this message board.

He had at least 2 threads.

https://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=34477.0

https://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=36856.0

I mean one thread was I thought he was gone and the other was he's gone. I swear I don't remember a damn thing.

Point being, we (ksufans/gE posters) were way rough ridin' into KSU hoops and were aware of and even observant of the downings of the era.

No crap?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »
Remember when we had a whole thread on this guy?

goEMAW, let me explain why Alex is a hero to the student section.  He's an Everyman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everyman

He's there showing the guys that can't get the girls, the guys that have fun without constantly worrying about what society thinks about them, the guys that don't go out partying and sexing it up with every girl they meet, that we can accomplish something incredible.

He's a tribute to the guys who drive around the mall parking lot with the windows down blaring out Crocodile Rock, beat bumping, and singing at the top of their lungs.  (true story)

You can hate all you want, but Alex truly doesn't care.  His life and mine are fulfilling and we live each day to the most, regardless of how idiotic we look doing it.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2010/12/07/postgame-k-state-89-alcorn-st-55/

apparently he already has a name.  perhaps it can at least be changed to white sticks.

Yah, the team and coaches call him Stix.  It's even on the practice schedule as "Stix." But he much prefers Pota, his HS nickname.

edit: poorly formatted quotes.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2022, 09:42:29 AM »
Looking forward to Wikipedia Everyman posts on Tang's players!

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2022, 03:31:55 PM »
K-State portal target Justin Hill has committed to Georgia. I had hopes we could get in on him since he prepped in Houston.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2022, 03:50:48 PM »
does anyone else remember when kstate very briefly recruited or was rumored to be recruiting a player named bernard sanders or something close to that.  and no one knew who he was but people looking for him found out there was a really old, super skinny senator from vermont with either the same name or a very similar name and that was kinda funny like what if it was this guy who's a senator and probably not good at basketball?

anyways, that was a long time ago and that senator got famous since then.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »
it might have been benny sanders instead of bernie.  but something really close.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2022, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2022, 08:09:50 PM »
Remember when we almost called Maymon?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2022, 09:24:35 PM »
Remember when we almost called Maymon?

Definitely :love:

I recently saw one of your YouTube videos with him on it.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2022, 05:23:44 PM »
Normally I’d give up immediately after seeing the competition that dude is garnering but I think our new staff had a legit shot at dudes like this
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2022, 09:13:13 PM »
Normally I’d give up immediately after seeing the competition that dude is garnering but I think our new staff had a legit shot at dudes like this

No blue bloods though. If we're going to be good we need to beat programs like this for recruits. We shouldn't be fishing in the same waters as New Mexico, UAB, and Drake.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2022, 11:48:46 PM »

No blue bloods though. If we're going to be good we need to beat programs like this for recruits. We shouldn't be fishing in the same waters as New Mexico, UAB, and Drake.

Ohio State, Texas, maybe Florida? Are legit big boys in college recruiting.  Not blue bloods, but still.  And I agree that these are the waters we should be swimming in.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2022, 01:44:06 AM »

Ohio State, Texas, maybe Florida? Are legit big boys in college recruiting.  Not blue bloods, but still.  And I agree that these are the waters we should be swimming in.

We have Texas' lead recruiter, the Florida coach just took a job reset at one of them historically worst high major programs. Ohio State is a great program, however we have to win some of those battles with like teams, not all of them but definitely some of them.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »
per online (g)rumblings it would appear the only players that will remain on the roster are Ish, Nowell, and Landers. this thread will get very busy in the next couple months.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2022, 10:48:28 AM »
per online (g)rumblings it would appear the only players that will remain on the roster are Ish, Nowell, and Landers. this thread will get very busy in the next couple months.

Probably unrealistic, but I was hoping Maximus would stay.

I wonder if we will cross paths with U of Texas recruits and former U of Texas players with Ulric Maligi on staff

[tweet]1511006180876894211[/tweet]?s=20&t=yRxGLEulvEAiNGhGiV8ZJw
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:53:11 AM by HugeCat »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2022, 11:11:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1510300163763539975?s=20&t=1eSfKPBg65fG5sNGNWPoNw

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432880/joe-toussaint

17 minutes per game for Iowa with a little over 4.3 ppg, 3.2 assists, and 1.4 TO

It wouldn't be a sexy get but it's a body with P5 experience, which is something we'll have a need for.  I'm also curious about how even our classes will be coming out of this, although that doesn't seem as big of an issue with the transfer portal.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2022, 11:18:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1510300163763539975?s=20&t=1eSfKPBg65fG5sNGNWPoNw

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432880/joe-toussaint

17 minutes per game for Iowa with a little over 4.3 ppg, 3.2 assists, and 1.4 TO

It wouldn't be a sexy get but it's a body with P5 experience, which is something we'll have a need for.  I'm also curious about how even our classes will be coming out of this, although that doesn't seem as big of an issue with the transfer portal.

I think they are going to try hard to get some 23 guys to reclassify to 22 for this season as well. I’m not sure balance is even a thing anymore when most/all of your players can leave without penalty.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best