Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230458 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #8350 on: April 14, 2024, 04:54:23 PM »
I’ve often wondered what would happen if we just made our own iron dome, camped our fleet around our coasts and let the world do its thing elsewhere. No one would mess with the bull/eagle or they would get the horns/talons.

Isolationism is not a good thing. We've tried it before. You do realize that the U.S. Navy facilitates international commerce around the globe, right?

Ut what do you think would happen?
Hyper inflation would result from isolationism. Think $2K for a tv that costs $200 today.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: April 14, 2024, 04:57:14 PM »
What’s the death toll in Gaza, Pete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very bad, though Israel is arguing that a 1:1 combatant to civilian death ratio exists. Definitely disputed by Al Jazeera.

Conservative Jews love the crap out of war.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: April 14, 2024, 04:58:28 PM »
So what you’re telling me is we have to spend hundreds of trillions of dollars per year, many time more than anyone else spends, to galavant around the globe, putting troops and ships and whatever everywhere, meddle politically and militarily on basically every continent, to keep the cost of big screen tvs down?

Interesting.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: April 14, 2024, 05:00:33 PM »
So what you’re telling me is we have to spend hundreds of trillions of dollars per year, many time more than anyone else spends, to galavant around the globe, putting troops and ships and whatever everywhere, meddle politically and militarily on basically every continent, to keep the cost of big screen tvs down?

Interesting.

Hundreds of trillions?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: April 14, 2024, 05:06:02 PM »
Billions, whatever. An astronomical and ridiculous number.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: April 14, 2024, 05:08:50 PM »
And what does military intervention and whatnot have to do with it? US companies can by TVs produced thru near slave labor (we shouldn’t), and sell them to americans either way.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #8356 on: April 14, 2024, 05:49:05 PM »
And what does military intervention and whatnot have to do with it? US companies can by TVs produced thru near slave labor (we shouldn’t), and sell them to americans either way.
I’m not saying it’s right, but our standard of living (the prices we pay for things, the performance of our markets, etc.) depends upon our military power.

Also, the only reason we can spend on a deficit is because of our military might.

Anyone who wants to drastically slash our military and wall ourselves off from the world better not bitch when you cannot afford new cars and homes, and can’t retire before 70.  Again,  I’m not saying those things are required for a happy life, but I think loads of people on the left and libertarians are naive.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: April 14, 2024, 06:49:34 PM »
I’m not saying it’s right, but our standard of living (the prices we pay for things, the performance of our markets, etc.) depends upon our military power.

Also, the only reason we can spend on a deficit is because of our military might.

Anyone who wants to drastically slash our military and wall ourselves off from the world better not bitch when you cannot afford new cars and homes, and can’t retire before 70.  Again,  I’m not saying those things are required for a happy life, but I think loads of people on the left and libertarians are naive.

Most people can’t afford new cars or retire before 70 as it is my man. No one is suggesting walling the US off from the world. Buying and selling would be just fine without a massive worldwide military apparatus.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: April 14, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »

Most people can’t afford new cars or retire before 70 as it is my man. No one is suggesting walling the US off from the world. Buying and selling would be just fine without a massive worldwide military apparatus.

To answer the question, I think we need more info on how much trade prices (and tariffs) are impacted by our military protection or threat. Do we get better deals because we prevent piracy and quash rebellions against our favored provider of goods?

How much of our prices on shipping are inflicted by our military might?  Do we get better prices?

If the above influenced prices and demand for goods purchased in dollars, and/or harmed our export ability, then would happen to the dollar if we had a 5% or 10% or 20% drop in global demand for dollars?

I suppose over time if the dollar was weak we’d build up our own manufacturing, but that might take a good chunk of years.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: April 14, 2024, 07:04:42 PM »
Also, in KS people can afford homes and cars. I realize that KS doesn’t represent the majority of the US tho.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: April 14, 2024, 07:06:25 PM »
I should add that a lot more people probably could retire by 70, but want to live a more luxurious lifestyle than necessary.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: April 14, 2024, 07:29:11 PM »
I should add that a lot more people probably could retire by 70, but want to live a more luxurious lifestyle than necessary.
I agree. With no travel and a Midwest home, it’s more accessible.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: April 14, 2024, 07:32:55 PM »
if we don't want to be the world police China is happy to take the job

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: April 14, 2024, 07:48:11 PM »
it's pretty cool that sa and jordan helped shoot down the iranian attack.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: April 14, 2024, 08:49:26 PM »
it's pretty cool that sa and jordan helped shoot down the iranian attack.

Common ground ME edition
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: April 14, 2024, 11:12:39 PM »
I'm sure this will play out like all the geniuses on this board said about Russia and Ukraine.  Pretty sure dugout and SD said that war between those two would be fleeting. Ukraine would mop the floor with 'old' Russia.  I'd love to hear the analysis on this one.. :lol:

Maga/russia/iran triad is big mad today that our leftovers win again.  Sucks to suck (yet again).

Pinnacle Team Locked and Loaded aka The MAGA Blasters posting right here

Focused on the fact it was state of the art missiles designed in the United States and platforms such as the most expensive weapons system in world history defeating some propeller driven drones and low end ballistic missiles.

While completely ignoring that Pedo Pete and Blinks have helped drive the world closer to World War III then ever before.

1000% #onbrand   :thumbsup:
Wait, which one is Pedo Pete?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: April 15, 2024, 09:50:55 AM »
Pedo Pete and Blinks not carrying much clout? (As expected)

Stay tuned

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/15/israel-iran-attack-missiles-retaliation

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: April 15, 2024, 02:57:36 PM »
oops

Israel abandoned the option of launching a retaliatory strike on Iranian territory following a Saturday phone call between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Joe Biden, The New York Times reported on Sunday, citing officials in Jerusalem.

According to the Times, the decision was made in part because the Iranian drone and missile attacks “caused relatively minor damage.”

Biden reportedly told Netanyahu during the call that his administration would not support offensive action against the regime in Tehran.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: April 15, 2024, 03:02:39 PM »
bIdEn iSn'T bAcKiNg oUr aLlIeS!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8370 on: April 15, 2024, 03:38:38 PM »
No link as usual  :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: April 15, 2024, 03:49:32 PM »
I know #blueanongE weirdly believes everything that #blueanongE political leaders tell them to believe, because they are an extremely simple brained people that are easily manipulated.

But sometimes politicians say things so as to try and slow down events like we saw at the O'Hare Airport in Chicago today.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: April 15, 2024, 03:50:26 PM »
the source is literally in the quote dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile