Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 228998 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #4175 on: September 28, 2022, 04:44:09 PM »
Friendly reminder that peace was a legitimate option in April, but squelched by Boris Johnson/US.
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: September 28, 2022, 04:45:36 PM »
Friendly reminder that Russia can stop this war at any time
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: September 28, 2022, 04:52:12 PM »
:lol:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: September 28, 2022, 04:56:11 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: September 28, 2022, 05:11:24 PM »
Friendly reminder that Russia can stop this war at any time

Yes, they obviously can. It would save countless lives. Unfortnately, it’s unlikely Ukraine and Russia can come to agreeable peace terms in the eyes of the US/NATO — not Russia and Ukraine. I’ve yet to hear a strong argument as to why peace isn’t the No. 1 priority for the US in this conflict.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: September 28, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
What the
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: September 28, 2022, 05:33:50 PM »
What the

icarus flew too close to the tulsi and his brain melted

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: September 28, 2022, 05:36:29 PM »
Nic. Come back. Come back, my dude. We're all here for you. Hugs galore.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: September 28, 2022, 05:38:59 PM »
Someone please tell me why my statement is unfounded or unreasonable. emojis aren't going to cut it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: September 28, 2022, 05:48:44 PM »
Someone please tell me why my statement is unfounded or unreasonable. emojis aren't going to cut it.

one country and leader has responsibility for starting this invasion of a sovereign nation. and the war on its people could only have been ended by that country and leader or their defeat (seems like Ukraine has decided on doing the later).

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: September 28, 2022, 05:58:59 PM »
What the

icarus flew too close to the tulsi and his brain melted

Hope we aren’t looking at a bookie pimp situation here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: September 28, 2022, 05:59:24 PM »
Friendly reminder that peace was a legitimate option in April, but squelched by Boris Johnson/US.

a new contender for craziest board member has appeared.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: September 28, 2022, 05:59:36 PM »
well, technically ukraine could also have ended the war by just immediately surrendering to russia's invasion and letting them overrun their country/people and loot/rape/kill at will.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: September 28, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »
well, technically ukraine could also have ended the war by just immediately surrendering to russia's invasion and letting them overrun their country/people and loot/rape/kill at will.

it does make sense to me that the two parties at war would have enhanced abilities to end hostilities compared to countries not involved in fighting the war, yeah.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: September 28, 2022, 06:06:38 PM »

it does make sense to me that the two parties at war would have enhanced abilities to end hostilities compared to countries not involved in fighting the war, yeah.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: September 28, 2022, 06:13:16 PM »
My favorite argument in favor of a strong resistance to Russia is the argument that says the world should push back vehemently against regimes that invade other nations…especially when the invader is actively torturing and exterminating civilians and has a long and terrible history of human rights violations.

Put another way, nicname sounds like Neville Chamberlain in 1938 after the Munich agreement, and the free world would prefer to not repeat that portion of history.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: September 28, 2022, 06:45:42 PM »
Pete, I am also in favor of that.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: September 28, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
Yeah same
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: September 28, 2022, 07:03:31 PM »

Ukraine wants its land back and some atonement for the raping torture looting and we get to bleed out the Russian bear without firing a shot.  This is inevitable now

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: September 28, 2022, 07:08:10 PM »

Ukraine wants its land back and some atonement for the raping torture looting and we get to bleed out the Russian bear without firing a shot.  This is inevitable now
Win win in my book

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: September 28, 2022, 07:13:50 PM »
My favorite argument in favor of a strong resistance to Russia is the argument that says the world should push back vehemently against regimes that invade other nations…especially when the invader is actively torturing and exterminating civilians and has a long and terrible history of human rights violations.

Put another way, nicname sounds like Neville Chamberlain in 1938 after the Munich agreement, and the free world would prefer to not repeat that portion of history.
The best counter to my argument is “why don’t we do that for all the invaded African, South American, and Asian counties?   IMO, the answer is that if we had infinite resources, then we should do that help every invaded country. Obviously we don’t. So we pick the most impactful places to use our resources, and places that are meaningful to our country and other free democratic societies.

Just because we cannot do it for everyone, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it for some. This isn’t 1st grade treats.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: September 28, 2022, 07:15:04 PM »
I'm not absolving Russia/Putin of responsibility. If Russia never invaded Ukraine. That said, there are a number of other factors that have lead to this conflict, and other actors that could have, and could still work to foster peace in the region. Yet here we are with the US as a co-belligerent in what essentially started out as a border dispute in a region where nations (people) have often not matched the official borders for one reason or another.

I'm of the opinion that the billions upon billions of US dollars used in this conflict could have been better used at home with the US brokering a peace between the Russians and Ukrainians.

There would be fewer dead Ukrainians, Russians both fighting men and civilians. We wouldn't be exhilarating the inflation of our dollar. We would be farther from nuclear conflict. Yet, here we are with billions wasted, countless deaths and the explicit threat of nuclear strikes.

How long will we continue to pour billions of dollars and countless arms into this conflict? How many have to die? And what for?

So one set of leaders has a more preferred border situation than the other? That's not worth it to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: September 28, 2022, 07:18:18 PM »
Oh, now it’s a cost issue. lmao

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: September 28, 2022, 07:19:24 PM »

This is a valid argument, though one I don't agree with. The deaths of countless soldiers, many of whom will undoubtedly be conscripted, as well as more and more civilians just isn't worth it for me.

What's the appropriate amount of death and destruction for you Pete?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: September 28, 2022, 07:20:03 PM »
Oh, now it’s a cost issue. lmao

It's absolutely part of it. Far less than human death and destruction.