Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229825 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #1550 on: March 09, 2022, 03:34:58 PM »
this thing should be over any second now

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1501611340670111755

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 09, 2022, 03:37:32 PM »
So ... we good?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 09, 2022, 03:53:26 PM »
i can’t imagine being one of these tank dudes getting sent off to get melted in a giant coffin

My tank would run out of gas about 20 miles past the border.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 09, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
Has Ukraine considered just putting those concrete highway barriers up across the road at the boarders?  Initially, I agree, no one would have thought this to work.  However, now... :dunno:

It's worth a try.

Maybe pair it with some swinging paint cans like Home Alone  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 09, 2022, 04:14:43 PM »
Maybe a putin PS oppy

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 09, 2022, 04:38:23 PM »
Haven’t followed lately, have they taken everything except Kiev? I would guess they control everything by end of the month.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 09, 2022, 06:08:25 PM »
Rio Tinto is irl a giant deal but they and russia are both just exporters so I think it's a nothing move. but maybe some gE metals bros can set me straight.

https://twitter.com/Financialjuice1/status/1501710947924295683

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 09, 2022, 06:30:18 PM »
My firm is basically closing its Moscow office for the time being. I assume completely on principles because I doubt any outsider actually cares.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 09, 2022, 08:04:47 PM »
a bunch of fig eaters trying to find reverse in a soviet tank
This is what happens when you eff a stranger in the ass

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 09, 2022, 08:11:45 PM »
I know there are a few bloggers on this site supporting the narrative that Russia got baited into invading. Right now it kind of feels like with all these atrocities they are committing it’s almost like Russia is the one trying to bait the rest of the world into war. I mean it’s got to be difficult to just stand by and watch them blow up hospitals and mow down women and children trying to flee for their lives and not do anything about it

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 09, 2022, 08:21:49 PM »
a bunch of fig eaters trying to find reverse in a soviet tank
This is what happens when you eff a stranger in the ass

There are other potential atrocities that can happen in that event, actually. I will explain once the kids are asleep.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 09, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »
I know there are a few bloggers on this site supporting the narrative that Russia got baited into invading. Right now it kind of feels like with all these atrocities they are committing it’s almost like Russia is the one trying to bait the rest of the world into war. I mean it’s got to be difficult to just stand by and watch them blow up hospitals and mow down women and children trying to flee for their lives and not do anything about it
very few thankfully

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 10, 2022, 07:19:44 AM »
this should go here

I think some defensive weapons and small arms are fine enough, while providing something more offensive like cruise missiles capable of striking Russian cities or ICBMS or nukes would be clearly bad. I think Migs are pretty clearly past my own mental line and toward escalation and the Pentagon feels the same way so that makes me feel vindicated in my thinking.

i don't think the pentagon feels the same way you feel (if we can assume that the pentagon feels the same way that the biden admin and congress feels), my understanding is that we are happy to facilitate the transfer, but the specific mechanics of the way poland suggested transferring the planes to ukraine was "untenable".

i think they are trying to figure out a way for ukrainian pilots to pick the planes up in a non-nato country or something like that.
That is not some minor detail and you are glossing over the fact that it would be a major escalation. There really are not very many ways for a transfer to happen even one that does not directly involve the US because Poland is in NATO.

i think kk is right on this one

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/09/us/politics/poland-fighter-jets-ukraine-russia.html

In the midst of a remarkably unified alliance, the back and forth was a reminder that the joint effort to punish and ultimately repel Russia has a third rail that no one wants to touch. Ukraine’s allies will provide 17,000 anti-tank weapons in six days; they will train their cyberweapons on Russian targets. But they will not risk a dogfight over the skies of Ukraine, which, in the minds of many, is bound to bring them fully into the war.

That distinction was driven home on Wednesday, when Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken, who had initially seemed somewhat open to the idea of Poland giving its planes to Ukraine, said the idea of flying MIG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. air base in Germany for transfer to Ukraine lacked a clear “substantive rationale.”

“The prospect of fighter jets at the disposal of the United States Government departing from a U.S. NATO base in Germany to fly into airspace contested with Russia over Ukraine raises some serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance,” Mr. Blinken said during a news conference in Washington.

Then he got to his central point: “Our goal is to end the war, not to expand it — including potentially expand it to NATO territory,” Mr. Blinken said.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #1564 on: March 10, 2022, 07:20:27 AM »
So the NeoCon’s NeoCon Victoria Nuland (part of Kagan neocon mafia by marriage) is trying to explain away all the biolabs the US military is engaged with in Ukraine and elsewhere under the guise of nonproliferation.  While the Chinese-Russians-US all accuse each other of various bioweapon threats and the usual US media outlets dub all non US NeoCon talking points as disinformation.   

We have the Mig gate crap show also featuring Blinkie and Nuland with the Pentagon rolling their eyes and Poland mushing Blinkies duplicity.   

We’ve got Zelensky still calling for no fly zones, protests in Poland for US intervention and this, see below.    Meanwhile the people of Ukraine continue to suffer.   

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1501668072616255498?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 10, 2022, 08:36:42 AM »
Diplomacy is much cheaper than war, as the 6 month price tag for Ukraine surges past $20 billion dollars.

Even with today's commodities prices, how many miles of high speed rail does $20 billion dollars build?   How many bridges get rebuilt?   

Hopefully you're long on RTX and LMT

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 10, 2022, 08:48:46 AM »
If only you pieces of crap had appeased putin more we could have high speed rail. Way to go brandon.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 10, 2022, 08:49:33 AM »
#neoconGe's chief hardliner chimes in with the usual low IQ response.

#neogonGe's chief hardliner is extremely pleased to see other people dying so his guy Joe doesn't appear weak.   :thumbsup:

Imagine rightly stating that American's don't want to fight over Ukraine, and then clearly signaling that you're more than happy to see Ukrainian's die in an avoidable war because you're just that horned up over Vlad Putin.

Sad

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 10, 2022, 10:48:46 AM »
I'd listen to the guy on the right.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 10, 2022, 10:52:37 AM »
#neoconGe is 1000% the guy on the right.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 10, 2022, 01:09:28 PM »
The russian army hates vlad's short face

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 10, 2022, 02:11:17 PM »
Sorry if already discussed in this thread. Do any gE CIA agents know if there any chance of a group of generals or oligarchs deposing Putin? Would this give Russia an even more shitty and evil government than it has now?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 10, 2022, 05:00:43 PM »
Sorry if already discussed in this thread. Do any gE CIA agents know if there any chance of a group of generals or oligarchs deposing Putin? Would this give Russia an even more shitty and evil government than it has now?

Unlikely.  He’s got his tiny hands pretty deep into everything