Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 227546 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 08, 2022, 10:24:17 AM »
Holy crap. that's basically playing COD.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 08, 2022, 10:29:57 AM »
Saul and Chongs, can we get a gE vpn connection to the Ukraine so I too can fight Russians from my home office? 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 08, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
Guys, PM Saul and Chongs if you want to get on the list to be able to take a turn murdering Russian tanks from home.  Not everyone will get a chance.  Only so many Russian tanks had enough fuel to make it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 08, 2022, 11:03:27 AM »
bonus if you actually film nazis doing actual nazi stuff

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 08, 2022, 12:10:51 PM »
Has this battle more or less ended the life of tanks? Anti-tank ammunitions appear to be highly effective, much more mobile to transport, and much less expensive to create and maintain. About the only thing tanks appear good for is intimidation, but that loses its potency rather quickly as they carbecue on the roadside. Even helicopters appear to be taking a beating.

Seems like the eventual end is just drones, missiles and robots (Boston Dynamics) in urban warfare. Kind of concerning how much easier it could become to wage war when leaders aren't sending people directly into the fray. Although who am I kidding, they probably already don't really collectively care much about soldiers (outside of pandering for votes).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 11:10:54 AM by OB_Won »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 08, 2022, 12:18:15 PM »
Has this battle more or less ended the life of tanks? Anti-tank ammunitions appear to be highly effective, much more mobile to transport, and much less expensive to create and maintain. About the only thing tanks appear good for is intimidation, but that loses it's potency rather quickly as they carbecue on the roadside. Even helicopters appear to be taking a beating.

Seems like the eventual end is just drones, missiles and robots (Boston Dynamics) in urban warfare. Kind of concerning how much easier it could become to wage war when leaders aren't sending people directly into the fray. Although who am I kidding, they probably already don't really collectively care much about soldiers (outside of pandering for votes).
The ATGMs seem to be scorching the top of the line Russian tanks. I wouldn't want to be stuck in one.

Edit: I assume death for the crew of this tank was instantaneous. What a lot of violence:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 12:25:51 PM by Sandstone Outcropping »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 08, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »
Putin sends goons from private army owned by goon with Nazi tattoos to help with his denazification campaign in Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1498569142672281600?s=20&t=v8IRKqEoWDgvhAL-Llpvjg

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 08, 2022, 12:32:32 PM »
Putin sends goons from private army owned by goon with Nazi tattoos to help with his denazification campaign in Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1498569142672281600?s=20&t=v8IRKqEoWDgvhAL-Llpvjg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 08, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »
Nazi's fighting Nazi's.

Reports of militants from both sides of the alleged geo-political equation pouring in from the Middle East.

But the U.S. didn't want this war.   :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 08, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »
Reports of militants from both sides of the alleged geo-political equation pouring in from the Middle East.

:lol: WELCOME BACK DAX!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 08, 2022, 06:11:15 PM »
If the US knew that this war was going to go this poorly for Russia, then provoking the war makes a lot of sense for us. I don't think we believed Russia was going to get destroyed the way that they are, though, and we actually were trying to stop it from happening.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 08, 2022, 06:32:15 PM »
I think Russia is just going to run everything through China now and more or less be ok.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 08, 2022, 06:45:20 PM »
I think Russia is just going to run everything through China now and more or less be ok.

They are completely mumped.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 08, 2022, 06:52:52 PM »
If dealing in the eyuan and talking on huawei phones is mumped then yea I guess I agree
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: March 08, 2022, 09:22:20 PM »
NATO:  Getting weapons into or planning to get plenty of weapons into the Ukraine (after the war starts).   Billions upon billions of dollars worth of weapons.

NATO:  Getting food - medicine etc. etc. into Ukraine . . . ehhhh, not so efficient.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 08, 2022, 09:42:40 PM »
Nazi's fighting Nazi's.

Throw'em in the front lines. Problem solved.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 08, 2022, 11:43:09 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 09, 2022, 05:59:52 AM »
Has this battle more or less ended the life of tanks? Anti-tank ammunitions appear to be highly effective, much more mobile to transport, and much less expensive to create and maintain. About the only thing tanks appear good for is intimidation, but that loses it's potency rather quickly as they carbecue on the roadside. Even helicopters appear to be taking a beating.

I mean I was also thinking of when does old school invading countries with ground armies stop? When was the last time it worked effectively? The US has provided more than enough examples of it not working and we don't even try to invade white countries that garner the sympathy of the entire world.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 09, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »
I suppose we did occupy and give Kuwait back to its leaders who were invaded by Iraq. :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 09, 2022, 08:12:09 AM »
I suppose we did occupy and give Kuwait back to its leaders who were invaded by Iraq. :dunno:
Yeah but I imagine their leaders and people welcomed that

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 09, 2022, 08:17:20 AM »
What is going on with this crazy-assed Dr Zhivago train? Is is some sore of bait to lure partisans into a trap? Does it contain a mysterious super weapon? A mobile torture center?

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1501246098089947138?s=20&t=_cLCo6H2n9OSgE9yidrTHQ

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 09, 2022, 08:43:06 AM »
I mean I was also thinking of when does old school invading countries with ground armies stop? When was the last time it worked effectively? The US has provided more than enough examples of it not working and we don't even try to invade white countries that garner the sympathy of the entire world.

the invading part has generally worked very well for american armies.  it's the occupying part that hasn't worked.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 09, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »

the invading part has generally worked very well for american armies.  it's the occupying part that hasn't worked.

Sounds like me doing a post-game interview with my dang wife!