Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230415 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2022, 08:32:13 AM »
If there is a bunch of Russian owned farmland in Nebraska we should seize it and have SD rule over it.

Can't remember if I read it on this blog or my pheasant hunting blog but apparently some russian has been buying up a crap ton of land near the KS/CO border close to Scott City for a couple of years now and all the locals are pissed.

Seize that crap and homestead it out like the 1880's
Great article about Soloviev. He re-activated a railroad in eastern  Colorado to help ship bulk commodities via the K and O Railroad. He was talking about buying the route that goes up the Arkansas Valley and over Tennessee Pass near Fairplay, CO but this seems impractical.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-09-09/stefan-soloviev-is-one-of-america-s-largest-landowners

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2022, 10:35:09 AM »
Would the homestead act work today?  I don’t think so.  Too much capital needed to farm.

Fact. Homestead act is alive and well in places that no one wants to live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2022, 10:36:56 AM »
maybe if they're trying to attract work-from-home hobby farmers.
I wonder how much land Amish families work? Or is it all collective?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »
The Homestead Act was officially repealed by the 1976 Federal Land Policy and Management Act, though a ten-year extension allowed homesteading in Alaska until 1986.

Apparently, there are similar things offered by a few local governments, though.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2022, 11:09:49 AM »
If there is a bunch of Russian owned farmland in Nebraska we should seize it and have SD rule over it.

Can't remember if I read it on this blog or my pheasant hunting blog but apparently some russian has been buying up a crap ton of land near the KS/CO border close to Scott City for a couple of years now and all the locals are pissed.

Great article about Soloviev. He re-activated a railroad in eastern  Colorado to help ship bulk commodities via the K and O Railroad. He was talking about buying the route that goes up the Arkansas Valley and over Tennessee Pass near Fairplay, CO but this seems impractical.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-09-09/stefan-soloviev-is-one-of-america-s-largest-landowners

Is that the same route that passes near Turnabout, CO?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2022, 11:12:57 AM »

Amish aren't communists, they just help each other out when there's a need (if that's what you're asking).

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2022, 12:57:26 PM »

Amish aren't communists, they just help each other out when there's a need (if that's what you're asking).
Yea. Low Amish iq

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2022, 12:57:47 PM »
But what kind of acreage are we taking per fam

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2022, 01:53:01 PM »

I can't find Turnabout on a map. I'll have to look on my railroad atlas at home. Tennessee Pass Route is approx Scott City, Tribune, Haswell, CO; Pueblo, CO, Canon City, Salida, Buena Vista, Leadville, and finally joining with the mainline near Minturn, CO.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2022, 02:13:58 PM »

I can't find Turnabout on a map. I'll have to look on my railroad atlas at home. Tennessee Pass Route is approx Scott City, Tribune, Haswell, CO; Pueblo, CO, Canon City, Salida, Buena Vista, Leadville, and finally joining with the mainline near Minturn, CO.

Oh, nvm. Just realized that Turnabout IS Fairplay.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2022, 02:21:00 PM »
 :Keke:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2022, 02:42:00 PM »

Oh, nvm. Just realized that Turnabout IS Fairplay.
Well "played."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2022, 05:18:23 PM »
Don’t ever question the State Department on their latest Russian false flag narrative.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2022, 08:57:39 PM »
That’s great. The state dept reporters are much better than the clowns in the White House briefing room and that state spokesperson is clearly not good.  It is good to see people have learned from when Rumsfeld would come out and bullshit people and charm everyone.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2022, 09:03:54 PM »
That’s great. The state dept reporters are much better than the clowns in the White House briefing room and that state spokesperson is clearly not good.  It is good to see people have learned from when Rumsfeld would come out and bullshit people and charm everyone.

yes, the old rumsfeld charm. of which he was known to have.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2022, 09:14:00 PM »

lol

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2022, 10:24:38 PM »

lol

Dick Meyers makes a cameo here.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2022, 09:09:57 AM »
DeflectoBot’s.    Please stick to the current Clown Show we have at the Executive Branch level.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2022, 04:16:42 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2022, 04:58:11 PM »
Oh man still at this stuff huh
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2022, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
Not look so good today  :frown:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2022, 03:38:32 PM »
rough ridin' Biden...

smh

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »
War drums are a beating.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.