Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 241079 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #5350 on: December 14, 2022, 09:35:50 PM »
Oh man, deep deep stuff with @Cire

Russia is using a lot of ammo (profound!), meanwhile NATO/EU, even the U.S. talk about "dangerously low" stockpiles of weapons and munitions and Ukraine combs the world over looking for arms and munitions (and more warm bodies to throw into the meat grinder)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: December 14, 2022, 10:40:30 PM »
both sides are running low on ammo.

it's been a long time since either has been involved in even a medium-sized, peer to peer conflict and neither has the industrial capacity or the stockpiles to sustain it.

nobody in 2022 is running a ww2 style wartime economy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: December 14, 2022, 10:48:21 PM »
If Xi's underlings were in Mexico City all the time telling the Mexican government and even the cartels (similar to the Ukrainian Ultra-Nationalists/Nazi's like the Azov's)  that they're going to support Mexico every step of the way in aggressive provocations and even war with the United States, we'd be invading tomorrow. Particularly if Mexico stated the intended to join BRICS or something similar.

We most certainly would not do that, even under your extremely tortured analogy.

Name a single time that a country on our periphery has aligned themselves with a geo-strategic competitor where the United States has not done at least one of these things:  Invaded, attempted invasion, supported insurgencies, prosecuted coups, attempted to prosecute coups, blockaded (that's a military action), assassinations, attempted assassinations, economic sanctions, supported opposition politicians (even if they were the worst people on the planet) 

In several cases, we've done, "all the above"
Hold on, it’s going to take me a while to get to the new goalposts.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: December 15, 2022, 05:57:05 AM »

it's been a long time since either has been involved in even a medium-sized, peer to peer conflict and neither has the industrial capacity or the stockpiles to sustain it.

I’ll take my chances on NATO production vs Russia/Iran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: December 15, 2022, 04:02:55 PM »

I’ll take my chances on NATO production vs Russia/Iran

seems like the safe bet.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: December 15, 2022, 04:16:25 PM »
If Xi's underlings were in Mexico City all the time telling the Mexican government and even the cartels (similar to the Ukrainian Ultra-Nationalists/Nazi's like the Azov's)  that they're going to support Mexico every step of the way in aggressive provocations and even war with the United States, we'd be invading tomorrow. Particularly if Mexico stated the intended to join BRICS or something similar.

We most certainly would not do that, even under your extremely tortured analogy.

Name a single time that a country on our periphery has aligned themselves with a geo-strategic competitor where the United States has not done at least one of these things:  Invaded, attempted invasion, supported insurgencies, prosecuted coups, attempted to prosecute coups, blockaded (that's a military action), assassinations, attempted assassinations, economic sanctions, supported opposition politicians (even if they were the worst people on the planet) 

The same goalposts have always been in the same spot.  The problem you know you have is that you can't name a single instance where the United States has not done most if not all of those things when a geo-strategic advisory aligns itself with a periphery or near periphery neighbor.

Also, simply admit that as a #neocon, you are fully behind the United States doing whatever it takes to thwart a Geo-strategic advisary that's playing in the U.S. backyard, while you also fully support U.S. global hegemony. 

BTW, as other countries move and seek settlements that by-pass the U.S. dollar, the lashing out is only going to get worse.  Congrats #neocon, more wars are coming.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: December 15, 2022, 04:18:03 PM »

sys just threw open the Captain Obvious book and read several pages out loud.   :thumbsup:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: December 15, 2022, 05:23:02 PM »

The same goalposts have always been in the same spot.  The problem you know you have is that you can't name a single instance where the United States has not done most if not all of those things when a geo-strategic advisory aligns itself with a periphery or near periphery neighbor.

Also, simply admit that as a #neocon, you are fully behind the United States doing whatever it takes to thwart a Geo-strategic advisary that's playing in the U.S. backyard, while you also fully support U.S. global hegemony. 

BTW, as other countries move and seek settlements that by-pass the U.S. dollar, the lashing out is only going to get worse.  Congrats #neocon, more wars are coming.

You are so used to both-sidesing that invading a foreign nation, advancing on its capital, and murdering civilians is in the same category as supporting opposition opponents and economic sanctions.

Of course the U.S. has and would take proactive measures to undermine potential foreign threats. That is nowhere even remotely close to what Russia is doing in this case.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: December 15, 2022, 05:40:27 PM »
It's such an absurd hypo. No, I don't think we'd invade Mexico if they flirted with Russia or China. I do think we'd impose appropriate economic sanctions as a negative incentive in order to protect our interests. China and Russia both prop up Cuba. We learned our lesson long ago, and you won't see us invading Cuba any time soon.

Literally no one thinks Mexico or Cuba will try to invade us.

Dax will be here shortly to try to conflate various forms of "meddling" in other countries' affairs with a full-blown military invasion and attempt to erase a country from the map.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: December 15, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »
Also there is literally no incentive for Mexico to turn away from the US. Ukraine has tons of incentives to leave Russia in the dust. Unfortunately, like Russia, dax does not believe Ukraine should be able to make that choice for themselves.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: December 15, 2022, 06:44:33 PM »
It's such an absurd hypo. No, I don't think we'd invade Mexico if they flirted with Russia or China. I do think we'd impose appropriate economic sanctions as a negative incentive in order to protect our interests. China and Russia both prop up Cuba. We learned our lesson long ago, and you won't see us invading Cuba any time soon.

Literally no one thinks Mexico or Cuba will try to invade us.

Dax will be here shortly to try to conflate various forms of "meddling" in other countries' affairs with a full-blown military invasion and attempt to erase a country from the map.

In this hypo we have also not annexed Sonora by military force in previous years
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: December 15, 2022, 07:23:02 PM »
Hopefully this time stamp works. Here we can see the #FoxEffect in full-throated glory with this silver-haired gentleman with the orange trim on his coat:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uFd5lu8OqsM&feature=shares&t=623

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: December 15, 2022, 08:14:16 PM »
maybe we can take the f-35 budget and cut our losses and use that to buy ammo or whatever?

https://twitter.com/Worldsource24/status/1603468688589479936

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: December 15, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
Real strong “it’s my first day” vibes on that one.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: December 15, 2022, 10:36:51 PM »
russia votes to make war crimes not crimes.

https://twitter.com/charliekreuz/status/1603445229834715145
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: December 15, 2022, 10:45:12 PM »
early on in the war, i thought ukraine would be happy to trade crimea for advantageous peace and economic integration guarantees.  but that was an incorrect assumption on my part, they've consistently said they would not be willing to make that trade.

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1603366799487258678

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: December 15, 2022, 10:46:51 PM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: December 16, 2022, 08:34:05 AM »

We were only following orders for the sake of the motherland:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: December 16, 2022, 08:37:22 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: December 16, 2022, 10:24:54 AM »
Everytime armchair #neocons get all chubbed up about the Western propaganda stories of Russia running out of stuff, more stuff gets launched into Ukraine.

We'll chalk this up with the Ghost of Kyiv, Ukraine is winning the war and the rest of the ridiculous propaganda that armchair #neocon derps believe

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: December 16, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »

I didn't know Wagner was using convicted prisoners, I always just thought paid mercenaries.  Imagine how many pedos they are handing guns to and sending into blacked out cities.  shudder

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: December 16, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »

I didn't know Wagner was using convicted prisoners, I always just thought paid mercenaries.  Imagine how many pedos they are handing guns to and sending into blacked out cities.  shudder
There was a video circulating a few months ago of the Wagner PMC CEO recruiting convicts inside a Russian prision. The deal was: Survive for 6 mos and gain your freedom. Desert/surrender and be executed. But yes, the Ukrainians are violent ultranationalist nazijew tools of western imperialism for resisting the Wagner convict army that has been sent to wreck their country.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: December 16, 2022, 10:52:31 AM »
Fantastic #neocongE logic:  Because the Russians are violent, there are no ulta-violent Neo-Nazi's and Ultra-Nationalists fighting for Ukraine and there is certainly no history of them terrorizing ethnic Russians over the years.   :thumbsup:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #5373 on: December 17, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
Oof

To the last Russian barista/taxi driver

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/17/world/europe/russia-war-putin-facts.amp.html

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: December 17, 2022, 10:28:58 AM »
Fantastic #neocongE logic:  Because the Russians are violent, there are no ulta-violent Neo-Nazi's and Ultra-Nationalists fighting for Ukraine and there is certainly no history of them terrorizing ethnic Russians over the years.   :thumbsup:
Well they’ve certainly been terrorizing Russians for the past 10 months