Author Topic: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread  (Read 35463 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Possible oscar Weber Replacements Thread
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2022, 01:00:12 PM »
Weber and gottlieb in a ft-shooting contest where the winner pays ben_ji’s bud.

:lol:

oscar would wax them both

oscar could get the apparently long-desired satisfaction at beating gottlieb at something and gottlieb would have no escape to finally paying, with interest. Win-win.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2022, 01:13:23 PM »
Weber and gottlieb in a ft-shooting contest where the winner pays ben_ji’s bud.

:lol:

oscar would wax them both

bet he shoots his FTs granny style

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2022, 01:22:23 PM »
The problem with certain people on this blog have is that if you mention a component of reality, and Brad Underwood's relative overall lack of success in the NCAA tourney to date is a factual reality.    They immediately jump in and assume that I am saying Brad Underwood sucks.   It's hard to pin down, but possibly a hybrid of OCD and Catastrophising on the part of these people. 

I would be thrilled if Brad Underwood came to K-State, he's probably not going to, but that doesn't change the reality that Brad Underwood has not coached a single minute in the head coaching role during the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tourney.

I believe a programs brand is built in the NCAA tourney.   Schools can pile up conference titles all day long and twice on Sunday and the general college basketball fan DNGAF.   Nor do many recruits.
When your whole posting persona is to point out everyone's deficiencies first, it's really hard to take you serious, but go off, King!
You are just focusing on yourself and aren’t following along. 

That said.

Keep in mind that, to the surprise of no one.
You took my post as saying Brad Underwood “sucks” (direct quote).  Which is 1000% on brand for the WackyTuck.   Anything less than puppy dogs, pom-poms and unicorns for all the WackyTuck holds dear.  Sends the WackyTuck into a rage. 

Now back to discussing oscar Weber taking responsibility then 30 seconds later getting back to blaming everything and everyone else.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2022, 01:23:42 PM »
Seeing the sports boards more active than the pit makes me happy. go cats  :ksu:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »
Seeing the sports boards more active than the pit makes me happy. go cats  :ksu:
The last 3 years of Kstate sports has put everyone to sleep.

We needed a good ole fashioned coaching search to get things rolling again.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2022, 02:38:51 PM »
The problem with certain people on this blog have is that if you mention a component of reality, and Brad Underwood's relative overall lack of success in the NCAA tourney to date is a factual reality.    They immediately jump in and assume that I am saying Brad Underwood sucks.   It's hard to pin down, but possibly a hybrid of OCD and Catastrophising on the part of these people. 

I would be thrilled if Brad Underwood came to K-State, he's probably not going to, but that doesn't change the reality that Brad Underwood has not coached a single minute in the head coaching role during the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tourney.

I believe a programs brand is built in the NCAA tourney.   Schools can pile up conference titles all day long and twice on Sunday and the general college basketball fan DNGAF.   Nor do many recruits.
When your whole posting persona is to point out everyone's deficiencies first, it's really hard to take you serious, but go off, King!

That said.

You took my post as saying Brad Underwood “sucks” (direct quote).  Which is 1000% on brand for the WackyTuck.   Anything less than puppy dogs, pom-poms and unicorns for all the WackyTuck holds dear.  Sends the WackyTuck into a rage. 

Now back to discussing oscar Weber taking responsibility then 30 seconds later getting back to blaming everything and everyone else.
:lol: You're such a douche, bruh. I'll let you have the last word. I know you crave it. You never know how to walk away. Look into some meds with your constant grumpy ass.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2022, 02:51:10 PM »

That said.

:lol: You're such a douche, bruh. I'll let you have the last word. I know you crave it. You never know how to walk away. Look into some meds with your constant grumpy ass.

:dubious:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
Just wait for it, bud.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2022, 03:22:39 PM »
This will tell us if, despite the changes in people, whether the mentality of the ultimate KSU decision-makers has changed at all since 2012.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »

That said.

The only douche here, is the douche who took my post and determined in their mumped up little head that I said Brad Underwood "sucks" (direct quote), and yes, as long you keep responding, I will happily keep responding.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2022, 03:46:56 PM »

That said.

:dubious:
:eye:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2022, 04:11:12 PM »
If I was Gene Taylor this is what I would do

1. Casually call up Brad and mention the job is his if he wants it. If he doesn't say yes right away you follow him 24/7/365 talking about how great it would be to "Come Home" until he says yes or files a restraining order.

2. Call that North Texas guy McCashland and tell him to pack his bags because he's got a 1 way direct flight from DFW to MHK.

3. If that doesn't work maybe ask someone else who is also a good candidate but not a SLTH.

4. If all else fails hit Southwell with a "U up?" Text on March 30th.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2022, 04:24:13 PM »
Grumblings on KSO that the money is there to get Brad here. It will be up to him to decide if KSU is really his dream job.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2022, 04:28:40 PM »
Grumblings on KSO that the money is there to get Brad here. It will be up to him to decide if KSU is really his dream job.

Wheat prices at an all time high? CHECK
Oil Prices at an all time high? CHECK
Inflation whittling away Brad's Buyout? CHECK

THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED, COME HOME BRAD.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2022, 04:29:19 PM »
Lol

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »
#bradsketball

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2022, 04:42:51 PM »
Hire Pitino!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2022, 04:44:45 PM »

Yes this is correct.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »
If we rip brad away from Illinois seeing the smug wiped off their faces would be almost enough in and of itself. I'm glad you got out of their alive D-Lew

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2022, 04:46:35 PM »
Hire Pitino!

You just convinced me.

1. Brad

2a. Pitino
2b. McCashland

3. Someone I haven't been sold on yet

4. Texting Southwell "U Up?"

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2022, 04:47:51 PM »

Yes this is correct.

Just give me one awesome Brad pump up speech at a football game or something like that before we're all killed in a nuclear holocaust.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2022, 04:50:24 PM »
Brad is about to make Illinois pay him 6 million a year lmao, what amazing ride that dude has been on. Was making 400k at SFA six years ago.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2022, 04:50:58 PM »
Hire Pitino!

You just convinced me.

1. Brad

2a. Pitino
2b. McCashland

3. Someone I haven't been sold on yet

4. Texting Southwell "U Up?"

Now we just need to fire up a fake resume so Gene will hire one of us to be his coaching search consultant.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2022, 05:03:39 PM »
Unrealistic moonshot: Brad Underwood

Sensible and exciting: Jerome Tang

Very risky but possibly fun: Todd Golden

Burn it down: Jank/Turg/Miles

Puzzling (at least to me): Ford

Concerning based on pace of play, but willing to give a chance: McCasland

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »
This will tell us if, despite the changes in people, whether the mentality of the ultimate KSU decision-makers has changed at all since 2012.

You're going to believe what you want to believe regardless. The university and athletic department have make several hires since oscar, there has been one single solitary fired retread hired, that's Pete Hughes.

I can already write the script for your segment of the fan base.
1. Have a really narrow group of acceptable hires, in this case it's Kim English and Brad Underwood.
2. Bitch and whine about K-State athletics and Amy Button Renz when you don't get your way.
3. Voilà!

I've seen the script a thousand times, it's not K-State that needs to determine whether or not it's changed, I hate to tell you bud, but it's you.