Author Topic: Supreme Court Cases Thread  (Read 30222 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 27, 2022, 09:10:27 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 27, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »
I, for life of me, can't understand why the prayer case wasn't held 9-0. Do the liberal justices only think white male christians work in schools?  The issue isn't and shouldn't be the coach praying but just making sure the rest of the team isn't required to join him. There are Muslims and Jews who work in schools all over the country. I'm certain that if this was a Muslim coach told he couldn't pray on the field during Ramadan, at least 8 of those votes would be flipped.

The political rot of the SCOTUS runs both ways.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 27, 2022, 10:12:50 AM »
I'm not sure it would have, the school argued the coach was using his position to have those kids praying. With the implied threat of cutting playing time/off the team if they didn't participate. Also on the Muslim thing I'm pretty sure that it would have been 9-0 against the Coach. For context think of what Fox News, forced muslim prayer in schools etc headlines would be. Furthermore, Just think of how they handled the Muslim Community Center in New York City. The rot of SCOTUS is directly related to the GOP here, they straight up destroyed the confidence of it in 2016. Furthermore ending all support when Barret was rushed onto the Court, which they confirmed her after millions had already voted because they knew they were going to lose the election, but also apples to apples what they did to Garland in February 2016 saying let the American people decide.
I, for life of me, can't understand why the prayer case wasn't held 9-0. Do the liberal justices only think white male christians work in schools?  The issue isn't and shouldn't be the coach praying but just making sure the rest of the team isn't required to join him. There are Muslims and Jews who work in schools all over the country. I'm certain that if this was a Muslim coach told he couldn't pray on the field during Ramadan, at least 8 of those votes would be flipped.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:34:53 AM by turnbull »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 27, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »
Wacks nobody is laughing at you for going through IVF.  I personally know many people who have done it and are currently doing it.  It's actually quite common.

What people are laughing at is how many in the pro-overturning Roe crowd had no idea that it would affect people who need and want to pursue IVF.  I don't know for a fact, but I'm betting many of those same people had to do IVF as well.

Wacky I would be sad for you if you didn't have IVF as an option because Roe was overturned.  I would be sad for many of my friends and family who have also gone through that process. 

Again, dudes should have zero say whatsoever on what happens to a female's body.  In Kansas, the August 2nd vote should be for females only. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #604 on: June 27, 2022, 10:20:45 AM »
Just to be clear, IUI isn’t IVF. The former is just a way to make sure your guys get to the place they need to go in case they are slow, need directions, or have too far to go without assistance. Only IVF involves fertilization pre-pregnancy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 27, 2022, 10:21:34 AM »
If coaches, teachers, and anyone else wants to pray at school, it should be done at times when they are not actively in charge of kids or in ways that don't involve the kids.

My coach did this pregame, every game, as a pump up(?) or something like this.  He waited until the team got in a tight circle, we already had captains do their thing in the circle, then he prayed.  I was one of 3-4 non religious kids on the team.  It was weird as eff to me and it also very much so was an excluding activity. 

I just don't get why that should be a thing at all.  Do your thing, just stop doing it at times that are not appropriate.  Pray before the team gets there.  Pray at home after the game.  Pray silently in your head where ever the hell you want.  People that don't get this simply don't want to get it. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 27, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »
Just to be clear, IUI isn’t IVF. The former is just a way to make sure your guys get to the place they need to go in case they are slow, need directions, or have too far to go without assistance. Only IVF involves fertilization pre-pregnancy.
Correct. Thanks for breaking it down for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 27, 2022, 10:26:42 AM »

So Mrs Wacks had to dip 50k into the inheritance because of slow confused sperm?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 27, 2022, 10:30:13 AM »
LN, maybe sit this one out.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 27, 2022, 10:32:04 AM »
There’s a crap ton of stuff that goes into needing an IUI. Like finding your partner in Life in your late 30’s, but carry on with whatever personal attack you want to make. The left, so kind and tolerant!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2022, 10:34:34 AM »
Also, it wasn’t all inheritance $, dinngleberry!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 27, 2022, 11:10:19 AM »
I'm not sure it would have, the school argued the coach was using his position to have those kids praying. With the implied threat of cutting playing time/off the team if they didn't participate. Also on the Muslim thing I'm pretty sure that it would have been 9-0 against the Coach. For context think of what Fox News, forced muslim prayer in schools etc headlines would be. Furthermore, Just think of how they handled the Muslim Community Center in New York City. The rot of SCOTUS is directly related to the GOP here, they straight up destroyed the confidence of it in 2016. Furthermore ending all support when Barret was rushed onto the Court, which they confirmed her after millions had already voted because they knew they were going to lose the election, but also apples to apples what they did to Garland in February 2016 saying let the American people decide.

I don't pretend to understand all the legal stuff, but I gather that the crux is whether he was acting in his official capacity or a personal one.

Middle of the school field directly after game seems like a gray area at best. But, yeah, no surprise which way the Evangelical Christians of the court will view it.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 27, 2022, 11:31:36 AM »
Massive sub shortage.

Need a bunch of heroes to take sub jobs and lead Islamic and Satanic Prayers while in the building.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 27, 2022, 11:41:23 AM »
Our football team recited the lord's prayer in the locker room before every game. It probably was very awkward for the non-religious types and probably shouldn't be legal. There isn't anything voluntary about any of the voluntary activities a football team does.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 27, 2022, 12:40:46 PM »
I suppose it is appropriate in any court case to consider which of these justices are the proven liars.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1541466458860945409

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 27, 2022, 01:06:07 PM »
If coaches, teachers, and anyone else wants to pray at school, it should be done at times when they are not actively in charge of kids or in ways that don't involve the kids.

My coach did this pregame, every game, as a pump up(?) or something like this.  He waited until the team got in a tight circle, we already had captains do their thing in the circle, then he prayed.  I was one of 3-4 non religious kids on the team.  It was weird as eff to me and it also very much so was an excluding activity. 

I just don't get why that should be a thing at all.  Do your thing, just stop doing it at times that are not appropriate.  Pray before the team gets there.  Pray at home after the game.  Pray silently in your head where ever the hell you want.  People that don't get this simply don't want to get it.

exactly

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 27, 2022, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 27, 2022, 01:11:00 PM »
this is gonna be every dude with confused sperm now thanks to Dobbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMRB3MuDjE

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 27, 2022, 02:09:38 PM »
Our football team recited the lord's prayer in the locker room before every game. It probably was very awkward for the non-religious types and probably shouldn't be legal. There isn't anything voluntary about any of the voluntary activities a football team does.
We had voluntary post game prayer after each game with both teams. Like every western KS team did it this way. Worked well.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 27, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »
Snyder teams did the lord's prayer after every game. no idea if it continued with Klieman.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 27, 2022, 02:18:04 PM »
We had voluntary post game prayer after each game with both teams. Like every western KS team did it this way. Worked well.

I never did a post game one (or recall seeing them in South Central Kansas) but my football coach said the lord's prayer before games. or maybe he had the churchiest kid on the team lead it, I don't remember.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 27, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »
Snyder teams did the lord's prayer after every game. no idea if it continued with Klieman.
Like in the locker room?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 27, 2022, 02:23:21 PM »
Like in the locker room?

yep, in unison

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 27, 2022, 02:27:18 PM »

Ours were voluntary in the sense that you were allowed to take a knee with everyone else and mumble the words if you didn't want to actually participate.