Author Topic: 80s absolute bop of the day but it has to have a funny vid & preferably synth  (Read 13111 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 80s absolute bop of the day but it has to have a funny vid & preferably synth
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:12 AM »
More of an 80s rocker than bopper probs.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 80s absolute bop of the day but it has to have a funny vid & preferably synth
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2021, 04:30:23 PM »
Can't talk 80's chick bops without this bopper

Would you believe me if I told you those scenes are from 80's Romcom starring heart throb Andrew MaCarthy and the plot of the movie involves him boning (repeatedly/passionately) a mannequin?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2021, 04:33:57 PM »

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2021, 05:04:45 PM »
i DARÉ you to go on a road trip and not air drum the steering wheel when the go-gos drop the hook at 1:17

Chick bop #9:  vacation by the go-gos

YAY FOOTBALL

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2021, 06:34:20 PM »
80's movie soundtrack bop for your enjoyment

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »
Can't talk 80's chick bops without this bopper

Would you believe me if I told you those scenes are from 80's Romcom starring heart throb Andrew MaCarthy and the plot of the movie involves him boning (repeatedly/passionately) a mannequin?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »
Best part of that starship vid is when the black dude with those insane sunglasses turns the fire hose on the white cops
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2021, 02:50:59 PM »
i have been listening to sisters of mercy a bit lately. i would say they definitely bop, but they really don't have any bops.  :confused:

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »
CHICK BOP!!!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2021, 06:46:44 PM »

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2021, 05:48:48 PM »
As promised, before I go back into coed bops, here’s chick bop #10.  This one also made lil’ fd have some questions that wouldn’t be answered until the girls went to another classroom and the 5th grade boys were given a pamphlet and a talkin’ to

I touch myself by Divinyls

YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
sorry it's been a while since i rapped at ya.  work was too busy for bops until now.

i've been sitting on this lil' guy for a while, hoping someone else would have the same affinity for it, but alas, it hasn't been posted yet.

this actually might be the best bop of all time.  the limos, the wifebeater shirts, the mariachi band, the elvis impersonators, the LA kings hats, the well-placed trumpets and gym-class lyrics....add to that some absolutely genius lyrics, and you've got the quintessential checklist of all time bops.  lackies and jenklefins, i present to you....

the king of wishful thinking by go west

***edit*** maybe no one posted it because im an idiot and it actually was released in 1990.  i am ashamed, but will not delete because it's still a badass bop
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 12:14:52 PM by fatdamon »
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
Will you allow "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions? Recorded in 1990 but it still feels like how the 80's felt to me and the Scorpions used this song to end the Cold War and start the 90s. Also, one of the greatest whistling tracks, OAT.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2021, 01:53:34 PM »
Will you allow "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions? Recorded in 1990 but it still feels like how the 80's felt to me and the Scorpions used this song to end the Cold War and start the 90s. Also, one of the greatest whistling tracks, OAT.

i listened to an incred podcast that suggested this song was directly written by or with the CIA

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »

[/quote]

i listened to an incred podcast that suggested this song was directly written by or with the CIA
[/quote]

Ya.  for all you scorpion heads out there check out "Winds of Change" from Pineapple Street Studios.  It's the only podcast I have ever binge-listened.  the CIA did that crap
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »
sorry it's been a while since i rapped at ya.  work was too busy for bops until now.

i've been sitting on this lil' guy for a while, hoping someone else would have the same affinity for it, but alas, it hasn't been posted yet.

this actually might be the best bop of all time.  the limos, the wifebeater shirts, the mariachi band, the elvis impersonators, the LA kings hats, the well-placed trumpets and gym-class lyrics....add to that some absolutely genius lyrics, and you've got the quintessential checklist of all time bops.  lackies and jenklefins, i present to you....

the king of wishful thinking by go west

***edit*** maybe no one posted it because im an idiot and it actually was released in 1990.  i am ashamed, but will not delete because it's still a badass bop

Fantastic bop.

But I was always partial to their first hit/video (1985)

To me it was groundbreaking on both the bop and video fronts.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2021, 05:47:55 PM »
Bop #2 for today that I've been thinking about for a while now:

I love the way Stewart Copeland just absolutely rips the crap outta the snare drum during the chorus in this one.

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »
yeah the standing drummer thing is v weird but also v cool lookin’
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2021, 03:07:42 PM »
insane sax solo ftw

YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2021, 08:14:28 AM »
Happy Friday, buds

YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2021, 09:57:18 PM »
WHOA HOLY CRAP

heard the song a thousand times, but had never seen the video.  At 1:15 the singer dude stops the music and is like “hang on, maybe there’s another way to do this” and then he stands in a meadow and turns into a hawk that flies away, then the bass player gets into the back of a jaguar, starts playing with his dork, and turns into a cobra.  THEN the drummer is hanging out by a bridge and turns into an iguana or a savannah monitor or something and then the keyboard player is dressed like a dandy fop and is walking on a bathroom sink and turns into a black cat.  Then the hawk comes back, flies over a castle, back into presumably London, and then Yes starts rockin’ again.

Owner of a lonely heart, indeed

Edit: there’s also a guy who washes his face with meal worms and a buncha other weird crap
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:05:21 PM by fatdamon »
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2021, 10:32:03 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever