Author Topic: At this moment, which is your favorite tree? (Appreciate Autumn, you crap bags)  (Read 12366 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Which tree is your favorite tree, right now at this moment?  And, I don't mean which god damn variety of tree. Which exact rough ridin' tree, right now at this exact moment, is your favorite?  Right now, I like the tippy tops of some Ash trees lining Lamar at 107th street.  Ash are not usually very good Autumn color tress, but they are the first to fire this rough ridin' thing up and start changing their colors in the fall.  Well anyway, when the early morning or late evening sun hits the top of these rascals, it's a little red tint that looks tip top indeed.

HOWEVER, my favorite is sure to change many times over the coming weeks.

The point here, crap bag mom-basement-dwelling goEMAW posters, is that we need to be mindful about the here and now and the undisputed number one way to do that during the Autumnal season is to always be on the lookout for mothering rough ridin' fabulous trees, and always have an opinion about which one is the baddest mother rough rider of all. go cats.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
There is a maple tree at work, has fully turned red yet, but it's always amazingly red every fall. Top notch tree.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I like Birch trees.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
There is a maple tree at work, has fully turned red yet, but it's always amazingly red every fall. Top notch tree.
There is is a maple tree on my street that has glorious red foliage right now at this very effing second.

Looking forward to large groves of oaks turning colors in a few weeks.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What about right now?!?!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like Birch trees.

Cool story, I like tacos.  What is your favorite tree at this rough ridin' moment, Spracne?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There is is a maple tree on my street that has glorious red foliage right now at this very effing second.

Looking forward to large groves of oaks turning colors in a few weeks.

This guy gets it.  rough ridin' spiritual gangster.  Respect.  :thumbs:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We transplanted a baby oak tree from our old home to our new home when we moved when I was a kid. That son of a bitch is 40 feet tall now. I love looking at it every time I go home. Oak trees grow for like 100 years too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I like Birch trees.

Cool story, I like tacos.  What is your favorite tree at this rough ridin' moment, Spracne?
I was just intentionally being a birch.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Most mountain folk are partial to the Aspens, but I’m a Bigtooth Maple guy.  They are all over the Wasatch and are brilliant red in the fall.  My favorite right now is this one from my run with the pup yesterday after work.  We got a bit of snow the other day, but this little Bigtooth is holding on strong.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We transplanted a baby oak tree from our old home to our new home when we moved when I was a kid. That son of a bitch is 40 feet tall now. I love looking at it every time I go home. Oak trees grow for like 100 years too.
That is awesome. There is a massive 130+ yo burr oak tree in a state park close to Smallville. I love the crooked branches on burr oaks.

I got surprised by some burr oaks on my bike ride yesterday. It was cottonwood, cottonwood, cedarblah blah blah and then BOOM a burr oak along this creek.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it ain't burr oak don't fix it am I right

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it ain't burr oak don't fix it am I right
:cheers:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
on the corner of Somerset and Mandalay doing me right today.

Tomorrow, it will be my redbud.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Most mountain folk are partial to the Aspens, but I’m a Bigtooth Maple guy.  They are all over the Wasatch and are brilliant red in the fall.  My favorite right now is this one from my run with the pup yesterday after work.  We got a bit of snow the other day, but this little Bigtooth is holding on strong.

That's awesome.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
gigantic Autumn Blaze Maple right in front of my house

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I like Birch trees.
Also a Birch man, myself.  And all/most northeastern conifers.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
my autumn blaze maples are about to pop.  I have a total of 26 of them in the yard.  8 of them are fully mature.  For about 4 days per year I have the dopest front yard in america.  Will post pics on like thursday when it happens.  When I'm like 67 i will have the dopest front yard in the universe
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
the house on the corner here had three flowering pears in a little group next to their house that always flamed out in autumn.  wind blew one down a week ago and these fuckers went and cut down all three.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile

Today this lil guy is my favorite tree.  I planted it like 7 years ago from one of those helicopter seed thingies that fell from one of my other autumn blazes.  This is my fav because for some reason all the leaves in the middle turned purplish (go cats) and the ones on the outside are still green. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a great one.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have some kind of maple that is purple year round.

I hate fall trees.  Summer trees are great though.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There is a maple tree a block away in my neighborhood that always starts turning half red and the other half is green.  It's a helluva tree and my favorite right now as it is in it's prime

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
There is a maple tree a block away in my neighborhood that always starts turning half red and the other half is green.  It's a helluva tree and my favorite right now as it is in it's prime

wait do u live in my neighborhood
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
btw, this is a thread that I can really get behind.  I'm obsessed with my trees.  Looking forward to being wildly insufferable ITT. 
:cheers:
YAY FOOTBALL