Author Topic: Best thing you've bought recently  (Read 12245 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2022, 02:46:45 AM »
For those of us middle agers still playing sportsball

and

Theragun and Oofos Slides, both have helped me a great deal with recovery.

Don't lie. The first one is for the wife.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2022, 08:39:42 AM »
Way behind on this but we finally got a robot vac. We got a "dumb" one that just goes wherever until it bumps in to crap. It works surprisingly good. We got the Anker one that was like $200. Would def recommend if you have a pet. Also, fired up the sauna for the first time since spring and it was amaze.

We spent a lot of money on an iRobot Roomba and it's rough ridin' awful. Gets stuck in inexplicable places, hardly ever finds it's base, no discernable reasoning to where it goes, spend a ton of time in low traffic areas. I hate it and I want to replace it but I now think they are all terrible, and not intuitive, so I don't want to waste my time or money on another one.

That is why I didn't spend $500 on a fancy one. I got the Eufy one that is made by Anker. It was like $150 and does some of those things that you described above but for $150 its turned out to be worth it. Currently banging around upstairs right now.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2022, 08:55:23 AM »
Way behind on this but we finally got a robot vac. We got a "dumb" one that just goes wherever until it bumps in to crap. It works surprisingly good. We got the Anker one that was like $200. Would def recommend if you have a pet. Also, fired up the sauna for the first time since spring and it was amaze.

We spent a lot of money on an iRobot Roomba and it's rough ridin' awful. Gets stuck in inexplicable places, hardly ever finds it's base, no discernable reasoning to where it goes, spend a ton of time in low traffic areas. I hate it and I want to replace it but I now think they are all terrible, and not intuitive, so I don't want to waste my time or money on another one.

Roborock is where it's at despite it's enraging name.

Hadn't heard of this, looks great

they've expanded the lineup a lot since I got the S5 max but the UI and mapping is far superior to the others I've tried or seen friends get (Neato - another enraging name, iRobot)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »

i
This was our experience as well. Since moving to a different house, it has fared much better. I only use it for our hard floors in the main areas and this has made things better. I still cuss that stupid thing so much
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2022, 11:53:03 AM »
I bought a new professional ninja food processor thing and it's awesome. It came with the normal big container and a another dough mixer wide body bowl thing. It also came with 2 single serve shake size containers that I've been making the crap out of doing smoothies in the morning. It's just a monster and blends everything with ease.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »
6-Pack of Hamm's tall boys for $3.99 at my local grocer.  Even more crisp and refreshing than your more popular american style lagers and at half the price.  Will buy again.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2022, 01:14:45 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2022, 01:23:28 PM »
6-Pack of Hamm's tall boys for $3.99 at my local grocer.  Even more crisp and refreshing than your more popular american style lagers and at half the price.  Will buy again.

This guy fucks.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
Way better than that new one called outlaw. (cool name for a beer though, so might buy again for street cred)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2022, 01:52:31 PM »

and

Spracne, no!

They have a frightening attachment that looks like this, and whatever it's for hasn't come up on the app yet.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

how do we feel about PBR? Highlife is my go to dive bar beer, but PBR is a pretty close second.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2022, 02:37:30 PM »
Take it to the beer thread!

But it's High Life and Hamms at 1a and 1b.  PBR is like 12.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2022, 02:45:42 PM »
Hamms is very good. Also best mascot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2022, 02:55:47 PM »
Hamms is very good. Also best mascot.

When I was kid growing up in whitetrashvile, the local convenience store had that adorable bear painted on the outside right by the entrance. I loved that bear.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2022, 03:04:57 PM »
I bought my wife a pair of oofos probably 8 years ago.  She's a runner, she's never worn another pair of slides/sandals ever.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2022, 03:56:39 PM »
Schlitz > Hamm's

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2022, 04:02:38 PM »
IMO

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2022, 05:42:19 PM »

and

Spracne, no!

They have a frightening attachment that looks like this, and whatever it's for hasn't come up on the app yet.

That's the British Petroleum (BP) attachment. Alas, I know it well.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2022, 08:30:52 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

how do we feel about PBR? Highlife is my go to dive bar beer, but PBR is a pretty close second.

I can't stand PBR, just some syrup and carbonation. Natty light with more corn and hops.

For dive bar beers its either Busch Light (nationwide) or Rolling Rock/some random regional beer like Hamms/Rainer/Yuenling etc.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2022, 10:20:54 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

I can't stand PBR, just some syrup and carbonation. Natty light with more corn and hops.

For dive bar beers its either Busch Light (nationwide) or Rolling Rock/some random regional beer like Hamms/Rainer/Yuenling etc.

Talked to a business acquaintance the other day and since he was working out of Washington I had asked him about Rainer beer.  I told him when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in the seventies the most popular beer was Rainer.  He was a gen x and knew about Rainer's history and told me they had gone under in the early '90s.  He agreed Rainer was very tasty and popular in the '70s and '80s, but for some reason, ppl quit drinking it by the '90s.  He did say they started up again and are gaining popularity.  It was my favorite beer back then and would love to get a case if any place carried it.  Plz. let me know if any place around Topeka, Manhatten, Lawrence, or the KC area carries it.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2022, 10:39:27 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

Talked to a business acquaintance the other day and since he was working out of Washington I had asked him about Rainer beer.  I told him when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in the seventies the most popular beer was Rainer.  He was a gen x and knew about Rainer's history and told me they had gone under in the early '90s.  He agreed Rainer was very tasty and popular in the '70s and '80s, but for some reason, ppl quit drinking it by the '90s.  He did say they started up again and are gaining popularity.  It was my favorite beer back then and would love to get a case if any place carried it.  Plz. let me know if any place around Topeka, Manhatten, Lawrence, or the KC area carries it.

Lol at “gaining popularity.” It is the standard here, and has been for a long time.

Hosie calls it seattle water.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2022, 06:42:42 AM »

and

Spracne, no!

Does it also come with a romantic first attachment?

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2022, 08:09:50 AM »

and

Spracne, no!

Does it also come with a romantic first attachment?

I'd say that's way past romantic firsts.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2022, 12:28:55 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

Longmire drank Rainer beer.  I also just bootlegged a case of it back from Wyoming for a friend in KC.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2022, 01:47:52 PM »
Hamm's is pretty good

Longmire drank Rainer beer.  I also just bootlegged a case of it back from Wyoming for a friend in KC.
I take it that it's not available anywhere around here.  Trim, is this your favorite beer?  It was mine back then.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.