Author Topic: Best thing you've bought recently  (Read 12408 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2022, 04:03:42 PM »
anyone have any house loafers they'd recommend? I got some cheapos for Christmas 5 years ago and they are shot. Would like to upgrade
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »
anyone have any house loafers they'd recommend? I got some cheapos for Christmas 5 years ago and they are shot. Would like to upgrade

I got some LL Bean ones a while back that have a bit of a sole on them. I love them. They are comfy and if I need to run outside really quick, they have a decent sole to protect my piggies.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2022, 04:37:17 PM »
I think I recommended the ll bean ones
they’re great, i’m going to get them surgically attached to my feet as soon as I can find a doctor who will do it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2022, 04:39:18 PM »
my most recent costco order  :cool:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2022, 05:10:55 PM »
my most recent costco order  :cool:

Your loafer choice won't matter much once your feet are amputated from your impending diabetes. :sdeek:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2022, 05:16:49 PM »
I'm looking forward to raiding those life saver gummies
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
I finally bought some crocs and they're the bees knees for house shoes

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2022, 07:17:48 PM »
I mentioned the order in the cooking thread when I ordered it, but tonight was the first use. Thermapen One. Game changer.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2022, 08:13:52 PM »

I have several pairs of Allbirds loafers, but I bought one wool pair a size too big just for wearing around the house as slippers.  I love them.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2022, 08:17:46 PM »
I think I recommended the ll bean ones
they’re great, i’m going to get them surgically attached to my feet as soon as I can find a doctor who will do it

another vote for ll bean. I was never a house slipper guy, then my in laws got me some of these a few years ago and now I'm fully a house slipper guy. (maybe belongs in the signs of getting old thread)

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2022, 09:47:01 PM »
Uggz in the winter, Dudes in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2022, 07:49:08 AM »
thanks for the recommendos. Stumbled upon the Shoes thread here which had some similar sentiments.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2022, 08:52:51 AM »
Uggz in the winter/slides in the summer

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2022, 03:27:48 PM »
Uggz in the winter/slides in the summer
Also acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2022, 09:17:34 AM »
Way behind on this but we finally got a robot vac. We got a "dumb" one that just goes wherever until it bumps in to crap. It works surprisingly good. We got the Anker one that was like $200. Would def recommend if you have a pet. Also, fired up the sauna for the first time since spring and it was amaze.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »
Way behind on this but we finally got a robot vac. We got a "dumb" one that just goes wherever until it bumps in to crap. It works surprisingly good. We got the Anker one that was like $200. Would def recommend if you have a pet. Also, fired up the sauna for the first time since spring and it was amaze.

How long do you keep it running?
 I actually saw one that was made for lawns recently.  I think that would drive me insane.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2022, 09:54:05 AM »

How long do you keep it running?
 I actually saw one that was made for lawns recently.  I think that would drive me insane.

I work downstairs and just let it bump around until it gets stuck somewhere. I know the places it gets stuck by now and just block them off. He just drives around and then goes back to the charger when the battery gets low. Its not perfect by any means, but helps keep up with the dust and hair from the doggie.

I have been looking at the lawn mower ones for a couple of years but can't pull the trigger. I was taking the dog for a walk a few weeks ago and saw one in action for the first time. It was super quiet. I had read that you could run them at night but was skeptical. After hearing it, you could def do that without bothering anyone. It was really cool. I really wanted to knock on the door and ask the people about it, but Mrs SF called me a weirdo.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »
I may get one of those robot mowers next year. A few in my hood and they seem to do a good job. I like the idea of just cutting that thing every day.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2022, 10:55:02 AM »
I may get one of those robot mowers next year. A few in my hood and they seem to do a good job. I like the idea of just cutting that thing every day.

that is where I am with it. Mrs SF doesn't think it will cut that good, but my counter is that I will just run it every day so it will be fine. I have a pretty big yard though and it is essentially 3 sections. Front, side, and back. So I would have to move it around, which I think would work, but I have no idea. I assume I can just fence off each section and just throw it in there whenever.  :dunno:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2022, 02:22:09 PM »

that is where I am with it. Mrs SF doesn't think it will cut that good, but my counter is that I will just run it every day so it will be fine. I have a pretty big yard though and it is essentially 3 sections. Front, side, and back. So I would have to move it around, which I think would work, but I have no idea. I assume I can just fence off each section and just throw it in there whenever.  :dunno:
I wonder if you can program it to cut in different directions/designs. Diagonal cut one week/vertical or horizontal the next...maybe some sweet baseball diamond looking cuts

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2022, 07:43:34 PM »
I think so. Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2022, 08:24:31 PM »
For those of us middle agers still playing sportsball

and

Theragun and Oofos Slides, both have helped me a great deal with recovery.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2022, 08:29:04 PM »

We spent a lot of money on an iRobot Roomba and it's rough ridin' awful. Gets stuck in inexplicable places, hardly ever finds it's base, no discernable reasoning to where it goes, spend a ton of time in low traffic areas. I hate it and I want to replace it but I now think they are all terrible, and not intuitive, so I don't want to waste my time or money on another one.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2022, 08:51:24 PM »

We spent a lot of money on an iRobot Roomba and it's rough ridin' awful. Gets stuck in inexplicable places, hardly ever finds it's base, no discernable reasoning to where it goes, spend a ton of time in low traffic areas. I hate it and I want to replace it but I now think they are all terrible, and not intuitive, so I don't want to waste my time or money on another one.

Roborock is where it's at despite it's enraging name.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2022, 09:51:00 PM »

Roborock is where it's at despite it's enraging name.

Hadn't heard of this, looks great