Author Topic: Best thing you've bought recently  (Read 12471 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2021, 08:00:29 AM »
I bought an egg slicer that I'm really happy with.  So much easier to slice eggs now.
Have you used an apple corer/slicer?
Yep, and I have a pineapple corer too.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
I bought an egg slicer that I'm really happy with.  So much easier to slice eggs now.
Have you used an apple corer/slicer?
A couple of weeks ago, our neighbor invited us to a place that they have outside of town to pick apples and then loaned us their apple/corer slicer. We set up the camping stove in the backyard to make applesauce and pie filling. Kids absolutely loved it. The corer/slicer is a really cool gadget.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396025432

I've had gas chainsaws in the past and they were always a pain to get started.  This thing is perfect for my needs.  I'm not felling any large trees, just mostly routine tree trimming, or disposing of fallen limbs and stuff like that.  But so far it seems this thing wouldn't have much trouble with larger jobs as well.  After my initial hesitancy I've been buying more and more electric outdoor tools including a string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower.  I love them all and I don't foresee ever going back to gas unless I get a much larger property that requires longer run times.  I bought a push mower last year and now I wish I'd had the balls to go electric on that too.

Nice, i've started doing this too. I should have stuck with the same brand though. I have the black and decker chainsaw and small weed whacker. The chainsaw is great but the whacker is just ok. They both use the same batteries though, so that's nice. I also have a Stihl leaf blower and it is incred. Stihl is pricey, but this thing blows the concrete off my patio. I'm considering the Ryiobi riding mower. Its a pretty big investment though. I've heard its great, but the issue is there aren't a lot of places that work on them when you do have an issue.

Yep I have the same issue.  My weed whacker, blower and electric drill are all 20v craftsman that use the same battery.  My hedge trimmer is a Kobalt and now my chainsaw is a Ryobi.  I bought the Ryobi because I really wanted a 14 inch and the Craftsman electric saws didn't get great reviews.  Kobalt hedge trimmer was a gift.  It's nice but I would have bought a 20v Craftsman hedge trimmer if given the choice.

I got an EGO battery powered lawn mower a while back, and I absolutely love the thing. Never any problems starting it, you can use the self-propelling motor without turning on the blade motor. It's relatively quiet. It has plenty of power. No need to worry about winterizing it, or maintenance. We have 1/3 acre and it can mow the yard on a single charge.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2021, 10:42:10 AM »
a bunch of my neighbors have those and they look cool. one of my neighbors has one of the roomba ones that just mows on its own but I can't tell if it does a good job or not. I want to go see because outside of mowing over a billion whiffle balls and small children and whatnot it seems like a no brainer. AND one of my neighbors has a remote controlled one like from Honey I Shrunk The Kids and it even looks like it's a homemade thing because it is not, like, sleek looking. I'll try to grab a pic of it sometime. the kid is always in the driveway driving it around the grass.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2021, 11:18:55 AM »
a bunch of my neighbors have those and they look cool. one of my neighbors has one of the roomba ones that just mows on its own but I can't tell if it does a good job or not. I want to go see because outside of mowing over a billion whiffle balls and small children and whatnot it seems like a no brainer. AND one of my neighbors has a remote controlled one like from Honey I Shrunk The Kids and it even looks like it's a homemade thing because it is not, like, sleek looking. I'll try to grab a pic of it sometime. the kid is always in the driveway driving it around the grass.

Report back on this. I've been looking at the Husqvarna one. I think its like 3k. My issue is that I would either need two of them or I would have to move it front to back somehow. I'm either going to buy one of those or the electric rider from Ryobi.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »
we saw one of those roomba mowers mowing the traffic circle at Scenic Dr and Anderson on Sat. MHK is like the Jetsons

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »
I bought a new iPad pro like a month ago and it's been a great purchase.  I just bought the apple pencil and some airpods pro today, going to pick up in a bit and will probably end up being another good buy.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2021, 09:48:24 PM »
theragun mini

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »
theragun rules

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »
theragun rules

How does this model compare to the mini?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2021, 12:43:07 PM »
theragun rules

no idea, I'm sure the biggest diff is battery life/power etc.

the grip is what make them great for us DIY massagers.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2021, 01:21:40 PM »
I picked up a bar mixing set a couple of weeks ago and have been channeling my inner Brian Flanagan with some new drinks.  Haven't banged Elizabeth Shue yet.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2021, 01:36:44 PM »
I picked up a bar mixing set a couple of weeks ago and have been channeling my inner Brian Flanagan with some new drinks.  Haven't banged Elizabeth Shue yet.

you could skip the mixing set and channel your inner Ben Sanderson by going straight for the entire bottle, and you'd be banging Elizabeth Shue in no time

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2021, 01:56:05 PM »
Man, mocat, my first thought after reading "banging Elizabeth Shue" was her crying in the shower and it made me sad
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2021, 02:01:39 PM »
Man, mocat, my first thought after reading "banging Elizabeth Shue" was her crying in the shower and it made me sad

I thought I was in the recovery thread.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2021, 02:04:26 PM »

I thought I was in the recovery thread.

Watching Leaving Las Vegas is pretty effective for me in terms of reducing or outright eliminating the desire to drink for a day or so.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »
Wild that sexing Shue can either relate to happy fun island drinking or sad depressing/deadly shitty hotel drinking.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
Wild that sexing Shue can either relate to happy fun island drinking or sad depressing/deadly shitty hotel drinking.

also weirdly drinking breastmilk!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2021, 02:23:12 PM »
or an arch enemy for life!

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
theragun rules

i think you can press harder with it before the motor starts to stutter. also has more attachments. but the mini is plenty powerful and i use it without the attachment to really eff my muscles up.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2021, 04:45:25 PM »
theragun rules

I think you can press harder with it before the motor starts to stutter. also has more attachments. but the mini is plenty powerful and I use it without the attachment to really eff my muscles up.

I got one on Black Friday and it's large, but it's great on my torn rodder cuff.  I can recline in my chair and let it pound on top of my shoulder and just let it balance against my neck and the back of the chair.  It's heavy enough to do a good job and relieve pain.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2022, 05:43:05 AM »
wireless vacuum  :surprised:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2022, 07:34:54 AM »
Polka-dot?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2022, 08:58:51 AM »
?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2022, 03:12:16 PM »
I bought these magnetic light switch screws.  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: