Author Topic: Best thing you've bought recently  (Read 12226 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »
Getting high quality parm from whole foods Amazon delivery is also a great purchase.

Also the razor talk got me thinking about my beard trimmer. I think I found a review on Wirecutter that named the battery powered version of this the best but was like "plug in is more reliable and lasts longer and performs better but people prefer battery power so we think the battery one is the best" and they are wrong- get the plug in version. Fantastic purchase

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-Clipper-Trimmer-8655-200/dp/B001FDKGIW

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »
I've been buying higher quality cheese lately and it is very much worth it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »
the king of parmesan cheeses right here folks

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »
Costco peeps make me so jealous with their constant gushing.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »
https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396025432

I've had gas chainsaws in the past and they were always a pain to get started.  This thing is perfect for my needs.  I'm not felling any large trees, just mostly routine tree trimming, or disposing of fallen limbs and stuff like that.  But so far it seems this thing wouldn't have much trouble with larger jobs as well.  After my initial hesitancy I've been buying more and more electric outdoor tools including a string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower.  I love them all and I don't foresee ever going back to gas unless I get a much larger property that requires longer run times.  I bought a push mower last year and now I wish I'd had the balls to go electric on that too.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2021, 03:40:48 PM »

I've had gas chainsaws in the past and they were always a pain to get started.  This thing is perfect for my needs.  I'm not felling any large trees, just mostly routine tree trimming, or disposing of fallen limbs and stuff like that.  But so far it seems this thing wouldn't have much trouble with larger jobs as well.  After my initial hesitancy I've been buying more and more electric outdoor tools including a string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower.  I love them all and I don't foresee ever going back to gas unless I get a much larger property that requires longer run times.  I bought a push mower last year and now I wish I'd had the balls to go electric on that too.

Nice, i've started doing this too. I should have stuck with the same brand though. I have the black and decker chainsaw and small weed whacker. The chainsaw is great but the whacker is just ok. They both use the same batteries though, so that's nice. I also have a Stihl leaf blower and it is incred. Stihl is pricey, but this thing blows the concrete off my patio. I'm considering the Ryiobi riding mower. Its a pretty big investment though. I've heard its great, but the issue is there aren't a lot of places that work on them when you do have an issue.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2021, 04:27:25 PM »
Costco peeps make me so jealous with their constant gushing.
it’s become an irl hobby of mine

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2021, 11:00:19 AM »

Nice, i've started doing this too. I should have stuck with the same brand though. I have the black and decker chainsaw and small weed whacker. The chainsaw is great but the whacker is just ok. They both use the same batteries though, so that's nice. I also have a Stihl leaf blower and it is incred. Stihl is pricey, but this thing blows the concrete off my patio. I'm considering the Ryiobi riding mower. Its a pretty big investment though. I've heard its great, but the issue is there aren't a lot of places that work on them when you do have an issue.

Yep I have the same issue.  My weed whacker, blower and electric drill are all 20v craftsman that use the same battery.  My hedge trimmer is a Kobalt and now my chainsaw is a Ryobi.  I bought the Ryobi because I really wanted a 14 inch and the Craftsman electric saws didn't get great reviews.  Kobalt hedge trimmer was a gift.  It's nice but I would have bought a 20v Craftsman hedge trimmer if given the choice.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2021, 09:37:35 PM »
bought one of these.  kinda pricey but also, one week in, seems like it will completely change my life, so maybe worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL8xsp1VLII

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2021, 09:39:45 PM »
Damn that looks sick

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2021, 09:47:00 PM »
bought one of these.  kinda pricey but also, one week in, seems like it will completely change my life, so maybe worth it?

They've been bombarding me with ads lately.  Starting to wear me down.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2021, 10:05:54 PM »
They've been bombarding me with ads lately.  Starting to wear me down.

buy it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2021, 10:11:26 PM »
100% worth it. it's really hard to get tired of eating pizza.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2021, 10:38:51 PM »
Walmart wagyu steak, duck fat, and mushroom umami chowder combined best thing I’ve bought and also cooked recently 🤤

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2021, 01:49:11 PM »
Walmart wagyu steak, duck fat, and mushroom umami chowder combined best thing I’ve bought and also cooked recently
You can get wavy steak from booth creek just across McCall road and it is terrific. Not sure on price difference/quality difference.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »
These are great for sitting on the couch or your favorite football watching chair and stuffing your face with some Cap'n Crunch.  They really shine with hot soup or chili. Too hot to handle?  No sir! I've got something handy(lol) to hold onto that keeps my daddles from feeling the burn.
https://www.costco.com/over-and-back-handled-bowl-set%2C-6-piece.product.100653052.html
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:30 PM »
Walmart wagyu steak, duck fat, and mushroom umami chowder combined best thing I’ve bought and also cooked recently
You can get wavy steak from booth creek just across McCall road and it is terrific. Not sure on price difference/quality difference.

looked online, they look really great. walmart is a step below, more of a value pick. i'd say wal-mart would be the go-to for regular steaks, booth when you want to treat yo self or others. and then japanese a5 for really special occasions.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2021, 10:55:47 PM »
You can find wavy steaks from a wide variety of purveyors, really.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2021, 07:44:50 AM »

Do you buy pre-made dough for the pizza?  I love crispy fire cooked pizza, but I don't want to have to eff with making dough...I'd never end up using the thing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2021, 07:46:02 AM »

Do you buy pre-made dough for the pizza?  I love crispy fire cooked pizza, but I don't want to have to eff with making dough...I'd never end up using the thing.

making dough is ridiculously easy if you have a mixer

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:34 AM »

making dough is ridiculously easy if you have a mixer

I do not.  I don't think the pizza oven game is for me.  I have a Buffalo State pizza 4 miles from my house. I will just double up on my trips there.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »
ya pete, even for someone like myself who has spent a lot of time mastering dough and sauce recipes, the ooni is more of a novelty than a tool i’d use all that often.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2021, 04:10:15 PM »
I bought an egg slicer that I'm really happy with.  So much easier to slice eggs now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2021, 05:29:38 AM »
I bought an egg slicer that I'm really happy with.  So much easier to slice eggs now.
Have you used an apple corer/slicer?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2021, 06:54:36 AM »
Those are a must have if you have hundreds of kids, like me