Author Topic: Stanford Dallas PAK  (Read 11199 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Dallas PAK
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2021, 01:48:25 PM »
2:30 is the best time

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
take it to the getting old thread but I don't mind the 11am anymore. Too early for me personally to start boozing and then still time in the day to get other sh1t done. If not 11 then give me a night game all day son.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2021, 03:12:52 PM »
If it’s a medium game and I’m attending, 2:30 is perfect. If it’s a giant game, whether I’m attending or nit, it better be under the lights.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2021, 04:13:07 PM »
If it’s a medium game and I’m attending, 2:30 is perfect. If it’s a giant game, whether I’m attending or nit, it better be under the lights.

Yes. Great thing about the old 2:30 ABC games was the big games were late in the year, so you got sunset and then the lights!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Maybe the conferences should have thought of this before they made their big tv money grab.

This is my deal with OU crying. Stanford didn't have a choice with our game and the Northwestern games, since they're road games they are subjected to the home team's media deal. Central and Eastern time zone teams should always want visiting pacific time zone teams in the early slot. We had full control of that for the Nevada game but went with 1:00, terrible kick time for everybody.

Iowa State has to kick with UNLV at 9:45PM central time, I'd have to think that is just as bad, if not worse for flood aggie.

Disagree. It’s great from a throwback perspective. DOD 1.0 was full of 1:10 kicks. :love:

Every single one of those were terrible, non televised games. 1:10 kickoffs against Eastern Illinois and Iowa State.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2021, 09:42:48 PM »

Yes. Great thing about the old 2:30 ABC games was the big games were late in the year, so you got sunset and then the lights!

BONER ALERT

anyone else go to the chad may nebraska home game on abc, it was sleeting out.  i swear that game started at like 9:30 am or something ridiculous

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 12:49:37 PM »
Maybe the conferences should have thought of this before they made their big tv money grab.

This is my deal with OU crying. Stanford didn't have a choice with our game and the Northwestern games, since they're road games they are subjected to the home team's media deal. Central and Eastern time zone teams should always want visiting pacific time zone teams in the early slot. We had full control of that for the Nevada game but went with 1:00, terrible kick time for everybody.

Iowa State has to kick with UNLV at 9:45PM central time, I'd have to think that is just as bad, if not worse for flood aggie.

Disagree. It’s great from a throwback perspective. DOD 1.0 was full of 1:10 kicks. :love:

Every single one of those were terrible, non televised games. 1:10 kickoffs against Eastern Illinois and Iowa State.
people forget but Ron moved these home games to 2:00 pm so our scores would be updated during the 2:30 games on ABC, CBS, NBC etc #scarysmart

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2021, 09:46:37 AM »
Officially in! Father’s Day present was flights to go! Let’s do this thing!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »

BONER ALERT

anyone else go to the chad may nebraska home game on abc, it was sleeting out.  i swear that game started at like 9:30 am or something ridiculous

The 17-6 one? Yeah, I was there. It was weirdly early but may have just been an 11 am kickoff that we weren't used to at the time. I remember watching Bump In The Night on ABC before going to the game, so factoring in ABC Saturday morning time and young SB transportation to the stadium, parking, and walking in, it couldn't have been before 10:00.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »
Yep, according to this it was an 11:00 am start.
https://www.huskermax.com/game/1994-kansas-state-football/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2021, 04:35:58 PM »
my memory has failed me

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »
See you guys there! 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2021, 02:16:35 PM »
my memory has failed me

It’s like they always say: ABC’s Bump in The Night is either your memory guidepost or someone else’s smoking gun. Hang in there friend, today you came up with the short end of the stick but I feel confident you’ll be back.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »
@mikec2w

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2021, 07:37:17 PM »
I'll be there on a bender.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »
we need to get you a body cam for the weekend

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2021, 12:30:51 AM »
A bodycam and one of those apple tags so we don’t lose his ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2021, 05:18:13 PM »
I was planning on boycotting but I found out that I will be in Dallas that weekend for a Labor Day Sunday wedding so looks like I’m going after all.

You win this round Gene.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2021, 02:47:04 PM »
Let's do it!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »
Let's do it!

This is not quit right without ScottWildcat!  :cool:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2021, 06:51:31 AM »
Sup nerds do we have an official head count?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2021, 07:33:22 AM »
2:30 is the best time

Late to responding to this, but 100% agree. You don't have to wake up super early, get plenty of tailgating in and you eat more or less at lunch time, go to the game, it's over at 5/5:30, you can go back, have dinner, also at a normal time, maybe a quick nap and head to the ville. Easily my favorite time for home games.

11 am sucks for home games, so early, but love it for road, gets it over quick.

Late games can be fine but I prefer them for only the big games and really only want them occasionally. It becomes a lot to the lead up if they happen often.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
I'm worried about this game. I fly out this Sunday for a two day work meeting on Monday and Tuesday in Detroit. I get back early Wednesday morning and then turnaround and fly out to Dallas to stay with my buddy on my birthday (Thursday) and hang with him until Sunday. I'm not a young pup anymore. I might be dead by the end of this week. The early morning kickoff is probably the best thing for me.  :cyclist: :cyclist:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2021, 10:19:56 AM »
We are flying in Friday afternoon and staying in Arlington.  Never been in the area before so I have no idea if there are any good hang spots for after the game.
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2021, 11:51:50 AM »
Good luck to you boys that are going, 11 A.M is a giant crap sandwich.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best