Author Topic: Oldest condiment in your fridge  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Oldest condiment in your fridge
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2021, 04:00:43 PM »
Kinda on topic but my hippy wife purchased a 5 gallon bucket filled with honey.  :facepalm:

whoa, I can't get through a costco sized honey without it getting rock hard. The eff are you going to do with a giant block of honey in 3 months? Do you own a bear?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2021, 04:01:50 PM »
Kinda on topic but my hippy wife purchased a 5 gallon bucket filled with honey.  :facepalm:

Lmao

Honey doesn't go bad tho so lifetime honey supply  :fatty:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2021, 04:02:35 PM »

whoa, I can't get through a costco sized honey without it getting rock hard. The eff are you going to do with a giant block of honey in 3 months? Do you own a bear?

Just warm that bitch up

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2021, 04:07:31 PM »

Just warm that bitch up

:nono:

Microwaving it kills the good stuff in honey and leaves you with sugar water. You have to warm in slow with hot water and I don't have time for that crap. YLA should just feed the giant block to his bear.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2021, 04:08:07 PM »

Just warm that old honey up and it'll be good. She uses it in her tea every day and probably some other stuff I don't pay attention to. Yes, insane amount. It's in our coal room in the basement and she just fills the normal plastic honey bear up when it runs out. Was also priced right

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »

Just warm that old honey up and it'll be good. She uses it in her tea every day and probably some other stuff I don't pay attention to. Yes, insane amount. It's in our coal room in the basement and she just fills the normal plastic honey bear up when it runs out. Was also priced right

So no pet bear?  :frown:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 04:14:19 PM »

So no pet bear?  :frown:
just this grumpy bear in the morning and his honey  :fatty:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »
After my MIL died, my FIL found 13 year old fish frozen to the bottom of the deep freeze.  He then ate it.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »
Nothing at all expired in the fridge, I'm vigilant about that, this abomination was in my pantry that had a best by date of December 22 2015.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2021, 08:13:27 PM »
Apparently I have only one condiment and it expired in Dec 19

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2021, 08:21:18 PM »

What is it?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2021, 08:26:40 PM »
dude have you ever seen vingar worms? we inherited an old bottle of balsamic vinegar from someone that moved and it was probably their oldest condiment and after a while it was our oldest condiment and one day i just happened to catch a glimpse of the bottom of the bottle in the light and it was full of worms :barf:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
 we also inherted an hold tahini that was full of what i assume is a different kind of worm and :barf: :barf: :barf:

basically i now have a policy to refuse all hand me down condiments. its not great for #acking, but it is great for peace of mind and tummie.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2021, 08:33:55 PM »

What is it?

Jack stack spicy bbq sauce

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2021, 08:38:46 PM »
Nothing at all expired in the fridge, I'm vigilant about that, this abomination was in my pantry that had a best by date of December 22 2015.

definitely doesn’t expire and I fully expect you to jokingly serve that to your wife for valentines

remember you owe her after that dad remote control debacle

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:02 PM »
Mayo. Expired April 2019. I got off sandwiches a couple years ago and switched to wraps so I haven't had a use for the Mayo. Last week I picked up a manager's special baguette and used that mayo on multiple sandwiches.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 11:56:23 PM »
dude have you ever seen vingar worms? we inherited an old bottle of balsamic vinegar from someone that moved and it was probably their oldest condiment and after a while it was our oldest condiment and one day i just happened to catch a glimpse of the bottom of the bottle in the light and it was full of worms :barf:
What in the world

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2021, 12:43:15 AM »
the internet is full of lifehackers that cultivate them on purpose for DIY fishfood :barf:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2021, 01:55:27 AM »
the internet is full of lifehackers that cultivate them on purpose for DIY fishfood :barf:

I don't understand. How to extremophiles find their way inside your vinegar bottles?? And, y?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2021, 04:38:00 AM »

I don't understand. How to extremophiles find their way inside your vinegar bottles?? And, y?
Dunno, maybe backwash?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »

definitely doesn’t expire and I fully expect you to jokingly serve that to your wife for valentines

remember you owe her after that dad remote control debacle

Served in a heart shaped pan.  By candlelight, of course.

What wine goes with Homestyle Bakes?
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »
After my MIL died, my FIL found 13 year old fish frozen to the bottom of the deep freeze.  He then ate it.

I checked the dates on some deep freeze meat I have and came up with a 2014.

Excited to hear about the MIR Homestyle Bakes/Bartles & James Valentine's Day dinner.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2021, 10:07:54 AM »
Another fun game is trying to figure out what the date actually means.  Sell by? Best if used by? Rotten by? Explosive diarrhea by?

How long will you guys use milk after the exp date? I usually stretch it by a day or two.

Expiration dates are a giant scam led by Big Food and Big Grocery Store.  Oh this thing is expired, guess I have to throw it away and buy another one!  "Best by" dates are even more vague and therefore a bigger scam.

Yeah milk is good for about 2 days after the expiration date.  If it passes the smell test it's good to go.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:50 AM »

I think they come from apples. So unfiltered apple cider vinegar is sort of likely to have them.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2021, 01:14:26 PM »
we also inherted an hold tahini that was full of what i assume is a different kind of worm and :barf: :barf: :barf:

basically i now have a policy to refuse all hand me down condiments. its not great for #acking, but it is great for peace of mind and tummie.
This is a great policy for you. I saw first hand what your upset (drunk) tummy did at BSFS. :barf: