Author Topic: goEMAW represent, I am in a draft for all time kstate legends teams. HELP ME  (Read 10037 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the gun stuff has clearly slid Agent 0 down everyone's board

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Was thinking Will Spradling if he falls to me which would be hilarious. And maybe Nino Williams
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
David Hall, absolutely if he hasn't been taken.
D. Cunningham
One year wonders at point guard: Louie Small and LaKeith Humpries (soiled rep involving underage townie, but a baller)

Others
Carl Gerlach, Lou Hitch, Roger Sutner, Larry Williams

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is this over? I’m missing the love for the late 90’s in here. Paco May, Cortez Groves, Schwartzandruber (I think I used to take a lot of pride that I could spell his name right, don’t care to anymore), Manny & Shawn?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
D. Cunningham
One year wonders at point guard: Louie Small and LaKeith Humpries (soiled rep involving underage townie, but a baller)

Others

No to all of this except for maybe Deryl Cunningham, but our buddy Greg was already lousy with bigs. I was kidding with you a couple of weeks ago about being old, but you're really old.

Is this over? I’m missing the love for the late 90’s in here. Paco May, Cortez Groves, Schwartzandruber (I think I used to take a lot of pride that I could spell his name right, don’t care to anymore), Manny & Shawn?

Swartzendruber

So basically the no zone is the time period beginning with the 1996-97 season, Asbury made the tournament in 1996, to the year 2003-2004, the year Wooly signed a top 15 class. Manny Dies was pretty far and away the best player of that era. I believe he averaged something like 12 and 8 for his career. Of course because of Todd Stewart no one thinks of Manny as a serious basketball player, but he was no doubt the best. I'd say Shawn Rhodes and Pervis Pasco were runners up here. The problem is that Asbury and Wooly played so damn slow. Manny's pace adjusted numbers would be much better than his raw counting stats do, but that wasn't a thing in 1998 and no one cares about that in a twitter popularity contest.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
eff it, pick willie the wildcat and appeal to kids.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Mark Young?

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fred Peete, Jeff Wires?

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Tony Kitt!  Averaged nearly a double double in 99-00

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I can't decide if I hate the Stewart pick. I feel like I do.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can't decide if I hate the Stewart pick. I feel like I do.

Greg is my boy and he knows that, I also made my mark on ksufans defending Clent to the death. Not only should you hate the Clent pick, but Greg should be embarrassed by it, and every guard taken after Clent is also embarrassing. Deathbite is still available and he's unquestionably better, in every way, than every guard on the bottom of that board. Do y'all know there are free websites that have both raw and adjusted data? The media guide, also free.

There have been 55 players taken in that draft, check this crap out.

Kamau is

18th all time in points scored
5th all time in 3 pointers made
3rd all time in total assists
9th all time in assists per game
5th all time in steals
One of only 10 players with 1000 points, 200 assists, and 100 steals

He did all of this despite not being anywhere close to the top 10 in games played.

This is a travesty, he's one of the best 25 players in the history of the program and I want to fight everyone in that draft.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll bet Kam even gives you a shout out with the pick

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is this a Twitter team popularity contest or a Twitter let's see who can have the most obscure wildcats on one team contest?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why on earth is Hopper on there and not Kam?  Why is this making me angry?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lance Harris should have been taken no later than the 5th round.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I might take BTK’s panel of experts’ top 8 KSU twitter personalities against any of these squads in this contest.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
_33 is a truth teller and he should have been invited to this draft.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Although it's only one football thread and one basketball thread, I love the robust sports discussions, it's invigorating.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mark Young?

I was trying to remember him earlier. I remember there being a player who was pretty decent during that time but declared early even though there was little to no chance he’d be drafted. I first thought it was Paco but looked it up and he played all 4 years.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
D. Cunningham

Others

No to all of this except for maybe Deryl Cunningham, but our buddy Greg was already lousy with bigs. I was kidding with you a couple of weeks ago about being old, but you're really old.

Swartzendruber

So basically the no zone is the time period beginning with the 1996-97 season, Asbury made the tournament in 1996, to the year 2003-2004, the year Wooly signed a top 15 class. Manny Dies was pretty far and away the best player of that era. I believe he averaged something like 12 and 8 for his career. Of course because of Todd Stewart no one thinks of Manny as a serious basketball player, but he was no doubt the best. I'd say Shawn Rhodes and Pervis Pasco were runners up here. The problem is that Asbury and Wooly played so damn slow. Manny's pace adjusted numbers would be much better than his raw counting stats do, but that wasn't a thing in 1998 and no one cares about that in a twitter popularity contest.

I know this time period sucked, but this was my JH/HS years so I had to talk them up a little😂

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
what's fun to remember about asbury's pace of play is that he really talked up his run-and-gun style from pepperdine that he was bringing to ksu cats.  of course, every coach said that during that time period. 
problem is asbury just wanted to do everything/one but coach when he finally made it to a big school.  pushed it all down to his assistants (campbell coached bigs, can't remember his other assistants, fox was a grad assistant).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
_33 is a truth teller and he should have been invited to this draft.
I fell into it. They just dm’ed me. I’ll let you know when the next one is. Imma be honest. I’m pretty new to KSU basketball history pre 2000. I did research and wanted to try to pick a guy from every era. I had no idea Clent had the freshman assist record and i thought that was cool so i picked him.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Imma be honest with you guys though i have learned alot about school history. This was really fun and ill update the rest of the draft spread sheet when i get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
We are also supposed to list the number of titles and how deep in the tournament the players on our teams had/went to so im gonna have sit down and do that tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk