Author Topic: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?  (Read 11623 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »
*acknowledging a lot of it's been on janky espn+

It’s a historical run that much more fun to research than watch. I’ve spent probably 1 hour or so actually watching Cat hoops this season.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2021, 06:58:53 PM »
Ask not for whom history awaits

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2021, 08:21:25 PM »
that'd really be something if he was able to take down cochrane-rocks.  i don't think anyone had that on their list, preseason.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2021, 09:02:19 PM »
Chili Cochrane is an incredible sports name, it's too bad he ended up being historically shitty.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2021, 10:37:19 PM »
Incidentally, our guy EC Curtis managed the only season without a home conference win in 1923, another dubious distinction oscar could join.

Worst single seasons, overall and conference.

Worst back to back seasons.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2021, 10:44:01 PM »
There could be a whole lot of banners to print up at year-end.  Not unlike it taking two men to achieve some of those consecutive seasons of futility, it could be a job that hemmy and befr will need to pool resources for.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:09 PM »
Curtiss put up a .125 in 22-23.  E.C. is the standard-bearer in futility, and oscar is coming for that ass.

How can he match this overall?

I did notice Curtiss' 2-14 season was a conference (MVC) only slate, so oscar does have a great opportunity to eclipse that as well as the absolute destruction of the shared conference futility crown of 1-9 (.100) held jointly by KSU giants Chili Cochrane and Cliff Rock in 42-43 and 43-44 respectively.

oscar's likely 1-16 (.059) conference record -- assuming no makeup games -- would be a standard unlikely ever to be matched.

He (EC) was a handsome fellow though.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2021, 09:47:50 AM »
Lower than Wooly
Lower than Asbury

I think the original post was in response to a particular loss. In another sense, going ten Asbury/Wooly years without making the tourament could be considered the "lowest point".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2021, 12:46:59 PM »
Lower than Wooly
Lower than Asbury

I think the original post was in response to a particular loss. In another sense, going ten Asbury/Wooly years without making the tourament could be considered the "lowest point".

I agree. The macro was much worse back then. This team actually reminds me of wooly's later teams. You can see there is talent on the team with the individual players but there's very little hope that they will see their potential with the current staff. That 2006-07 team had enough talent to be more than a bit team but Huggins only had the one year with them. The 2005, '06, and '07 teams were all good enough to make the tournament, none did because that staff hampered their growth.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2021, 01:57:18 PM »
Lower than Wooly
Lower than Asbury

I agree. The macro was much worse back then. This team actually reminds me of wooly's later teams. You can see there is talent on the team with the individual players but there's very little hope that they will see their potential with the current staff. That 2006-07 team had enough talent to be more than a bit team but Huggins only had the one year with them. The 2005, '06, and '07 teams were all good enough to make the tournament, none did because that staff hampered their growth.

Yep, these seasons are awful and the record compared to history speaks for itself.

However, the facilities are pretty good and any reasonable coach can see a program 2 years removed from a league title and overall with 9 NCAAs, 2 Elite 8s and 2 league titles in the last 15 years.

I'm just not sure the money to fire/hire a good replacement is going to be there this year at this point.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
Lower than Wooly
Lower than Asbury

That’s a good comparison, a competent coach could come in and have a good foundation of guys with pack, Bradford and Miguel to build around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2021, 10:40:08 PM »
the team isn't going winless in the big 12, you goofs.  good grief.

Thank you.

Do you dorks feel silly now? Just a preposterous prediction.

Bump
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2021, 11:46:24 PM »
This season may narrowly avoid being the lowest point in K-State basketball, but I can guarantee that being #7 and losing to this K-State team tonight absolutely is the lowest point in OU basketball history. We're their Fort Hays State.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »
This season may narrowly avoid being the lowest point in K-State basketball, but I can guarantee that being #7 and losing to this K-State team tonight absolutely is the lowest point in OU basketball history. We're their Fort Hays State.

Yeah, if Fort Hays State had beaten them every year for like nine years in a row.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2021, 11:57:44 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
That's oscar for ya
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2021, 09:28:37 AM »
i can' t believe how wrong so many of us were about oscar.  it's crazy what a great coach he is.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2021, 09:35:11 AM »
i can' t believe how wrong so many of us were about oscar.  it's crazy what a great coach he is.
lol. Just enjoy the win, man.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2021, 09:38:10 AM »
I feel like this could be the lowest point for college basketball in general.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2021, 12:57:45 PM »
This season doesn't really matter, anyway.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
i think it's great that we've established that oscar is good enough of a coach for us.  because now that we have now won 3 B12 games this season (out of 16 chances), who says we won't win more?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2021, 01:22:56 PM »

i don't live in a one game vacuum.  i'm glad that you and many others can enjoy 3-13.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »

i don't live in a one game vacuum.  i'm glad that you and many others can enjoy 3-13.

Last night was fun, well really just the last 4 minutes, because we were down 7 and missed 6 straight 3s before that, but my eyes are still on the prize. The program is still a mess right now, happy the players are still playing hard tho.

What winless Iowa State did last night is probably more impressive than what we did, but really who cares?