Author Topic: Farmageddon Thread  (Read 20536 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Farmageddon Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
offensive line, just offer every big huge dude you can get
snyder’s success came from it and so did kliemans at ndsu

Most recruits dislike Ck and his staff though.  Even when they start out liking him they quickly start to hate him and want to leave.

This has me worried.

The recruits they do land have lol'able offer lists. They are copying the snyder strategy of not chasing anyone that good schools want.

lol, you okay? eff, maybe I don't hate Iowa State as much as I thought I did.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »
So you watched that game at WVU and thought out recruiting was on par with our opponents?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
Complaining about our on field talent is pretty silly.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
149 yards on 47 plays (3.1 ypp).

In this day and age, that's just so unbelievably poor (regardless of the circumstances).

Is that for the 1st half?

For additional perspective, even if that was just for a half and you doubled it for a total of just under 300 yards for a game, that average  would rank 120th out of 126 D1 teams.

It goes without saying where 147 yards would rank...

A historically poor offensive performance that is so unbelievably bad that it makes the defense giving up 40+ points look pretty good by comparison.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »
which offensive players were out due to covid?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2020, 08:18:05 AM »
Calling my shot......if Rubley isnt the real deal then coach K is fired at end of 22 season

100% no chance unless there's scandal. We'd have to damn near go winless in 21' & '22 for that to even be a possibly.

I'm not sold on this. If we have another bad season next year, even though this year is a bit of a throwaway season, the fans will start to turn on him. Getting shut out by Iowa Freaking State is well below the acceptable standards of our program. It just doesn't happen.

If we lose on out this season then Klieman will be 0-8 against WVU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. He will have gone 8-0 against TCU, Tech, KU and somehow OU. ISU is the only split.

That's not setting the world on fire and unless we get some talent in across the board, those numbers likely won't hold. Back to back years without bowl appearances will turn up the heat pretty quick.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
akron, buffalo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2020, 10:23:45 AM »
Calling my shot......if Rubley isnt the real deal then coach K is fired at end of 22 season

100% no chance unless there's scandal. We'd have to damn near go winless in 21' & '22 for that to even be a possibly.

I'm not sold on this. If we have another bad season next year, even though this year is a bit of a throwaway season, the fans will start to turn on him. Getting shut out by Iowa Freaking State is well below the acceptable standards of our program. It just doesn't happen.

If we lose on out this season then Klieman will be 0-8 against WVU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. He will have gone 8-0 against TCU, Tech, KU and somehow OU. ISU is the only split.

That's not setting the world on fire and unless we get some talent in across the board, those numbers likely won't hold. Back to back years without bowl appearances will turn up the heat pretty quick.

You said it's a throwaway season then gave the season weight in your analysis. Yeah, fans will start to turn on him if he has another bad year next year, but what does that even mean, some have already turned on him? In your scenario, he'll do a job reset in the AAC or MWC before he gets fired.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »

You said it's a throwaway season then gave the season weight in your analysis. Yeah, fans will start to turn on him if he has another bad year next year, but what does that even mean, some have already turned on him? In your scenario, he'll do a job reset in the AAC or MWC before he gets fired.

In most people's minds, I think this season still 'counts' to some degree. It will surely count if Kleiman loses out this year and then can't break .500 in 2021 or 2022.  Next year looks very scary if Thompson and some of our seniors do not elect to return. We got a preview of what next year looks like against ISU. People say Hughes and Sullivan are subpar LBs, but without them, our defense looked awful yesterday. Yea, we're playing scout team folks in the secondary, but I'm concerned about who comes back after this never-ending rollercoaster of injuries and transfers. Simply put, we have no QB, no WRs, no DTs, no LBs, and a big question mark in the secondary next year if we don't have some folks return.

Kleiman has really rolled the dice on Rubley being the savior of this program. If he isn't an all-conference type of guy in 2022, this ship is going down.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2020, 12:30:15 PM »
This season counts.  You can't claim the OU win and not the Ark state loss

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
This season has no bearing on the trajectory of our program.  If Klieman doesn’t have his crap together for the 2022 season then he will be on a hot seat.  Most on here don’t really follow recruiting so I get the ignorance but we are getting solid players to fill these classes. We may snag 6 or 7 P5 level players out of Kansas alone for the 2022 class the way things are trending.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »
This season has no bearing on the trajectory of our program.  If Klieman doesn’t have his crap together for the 2022 season then he will be on a hot seat.  Most on here don’t really follow recruiting so I get the ignorance but we are getting solid players to fill these classes. We may snag 6 or 7 P5 level players out of Kansas alone for the 2022 class the way things are trending.
how will he have his crap together next year? he will have the worst QB in the league. The worst WR corp in the league. No depth behind Vaughn at RB. An OL with no legit tackles. All the best players on D will have graduated with little if any talent behind them.
next year looks significantly worse than this year

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2020, 02:50:56 PM »
how will he have his crap together next year? he will have the worst QB in the league. The worst WR corp in the league. No depth behind Vaughn at RB. An OL with no legit tackles. All the best players on D will have graduated with little if any talent behind them.

We can start the can his ass chants.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Losing just one OL from the two deep is a reason for optimism (as bad as they have been)

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »

I don’t agree with much of what you said but also I said 2022 not 2021.  Willis and Mitchum are legit tackles and I expect one or both of them to start next year.   It frees up Beebe to be 100% interior and Talor Warner and Poitier  along with Rivas and Delforge will be a great group along the interior. I think Duffie will still have to play on the edge one more year.  Ervin showed a lot of promise last year and Vaughn and Mozee will be solid too.  They really like the young TE’s and depending on if Wheeler can ever not be injured he is good too. WR I think Garber will break out next year like EBD did this year, he just needs on more spring to get it all out together.  A lot riding on Rubley being worth a crap because I don’t have a great answer at QB.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2020, 03:33:03 PM »
I still wouldn't be surprised if Sky returns for a year but Rubley needs to be a stud longterm.  I'm not surprised that Howard sucks as he's a true freshman, but I am concerned that he hasn't improved.  I also haven't seen any flashes of a high upside from Howard.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2020, 03:45:22 PM »
I’m pinning my hopes on Rubley, no negative consequences.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
The Mole knows how to recruit, and keep talent.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2020, 05:47:51 PM »
The Mole knows how to recruit, and keep talent.

Based on what? NDSU is a different game than a P5 school. Again, my jury is still out, but there's cause for concern with the way this season has imploded.

Try the 2021 season. If next season looks a lot like the second half of this season, especially last Saturday where we weren't even competitive, then Gene is going to be feeling a lot of pressure to not allow him a 4th season.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2020, 06:05:49 PM »
He just gave him an extension, surely you aren’t being serious.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
I do wonder (if Skylar doesn't return) if they look at the transfer portal for a senior QB.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2020, 09:34:57 PM »
He just gave him an extension, surely you aren’t being serious.

These people are out of their goddamned minds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
I do wonder (if Skylar doesn't return) if they look at the transfer portal for a senior QB.

Why would they need to do that? May as well cut Lewis and Howard if you're going to do that.