Author Topic: The Klandyman Can; Cat defense under dc Joe Klanderman  (Read 8993 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Klandyman Can; Cat defense under dc Joe Klanderman
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2022, 11:09:54 PM »
we could list literally thousands more differences

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2022, 06:37:38 AM »
This season there is no back-dooring our way into a CCG. We were in control of our own destiny the entire way until we lost to Texas, and then the following week got right back in control. That’s a really big distinction in terms of the vibe of how the season is going.

If you can’t understand that (and you most likely can’t) then I’m not sure what to tell you

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2022, 12:45:33 PM »
I don't disagree but I do think it needs to be made clear that the 2003 team didn't back door anything, their two conference losses were to south division teams and they beat the holy hell out of the north teams. The championship game was clinched with a conference game left.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2022, 03:37:39 AM »
That pass to Davin Dennis(?) to close out the Marshall game. ugh.

But what a rough ridin' ride that season was.

Arrowhead with my son and it was cold. 11th row, parallel with the goal line in the lower bowl. Sims tipped away a sure OU TD. McGill's EZ pick. And the cherry on top. That Ted Sims pick6. I was a much younger man then.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2022, 05:42:54 AM »
The 2003 game has to be the biggest upset of the century.  We beat the top-rated team in the nation, as their rating was high enough to still play for the NCG after the loss.  I remember the talking heading laughing about K=State's chance of winning the CCG right before the game.  When we were on Hwy 70 heading to the game I remember all the bad person Nub fans flying OU flags and sitting with the OU fans.  I'm guessing the only reason they were there in large numbers was that they bought tickets earlier thinking they would be in the game.   :lol:  It was one of the few times I enjoyed the snow coming down on us and the bags of  Tostitos they were handing out just before the game was over.  That was the best CCG game I ever attended and shall cherish it for the rest of my life.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 05:53:27 AM by Katpappy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2022, 06:51:14 AM »
cool story bro

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2022, 06:59:54 AM »
 :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2022, 09:14:56 AM »
The 2003 game has to be the biggest upset of the century.  We beat the top-rated team in the nation, as their rating was high enough to still play for the NCG after the loss.  I remember the talking heading laughing about K=State's chance of winning the CCG right before the game.  When we were on Hwy 70 heading to the game I remember all the bad person Nub fans flying OU flags and sitting with the OU fans.  I'm guessing the only reason they were there in large numbers was that they bought tickets earlier thinking they would be in the game.   :lol:  It was one of the few times I enjoyed the snow coming down on us and the bags of  Tostitos they were handing out just before the game was over.  That was the best CCG game I ever attended and shall cherish it for the rest of my life.

Was definitely a “you had to be there” kind of night. The mood and fan interactions from the trip up, to during the game, and then after. We’re one of a kind.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2022, 04:29:11 PM »

Was definitely a “you had to be there” kind of night. The mood and fan interactions from the trip up, to during the game, and then after. We’re one of a kind.

:cheers:   still makes me happy thinking about that night   :emawkid:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2023, 01:54:16 PM »
SEMO - Zero points on 11 drives. 7 punts, 2 turnovers, 2 expired time. 0 FG, 0 TD.
Troy  - 13 points on 13 drives. 5 punts, 4 turnovers, 1 expired time. 2 FG, 1 TD.
Mizzou - 30 points on 13 drives. 6 punts, 0 turnovers, 1 missed FG, 0 expired time. 3 FG, 3 TD.
UCF - 24 points on 12 drives. 2 punts, 3 turnovers, 1 missed FG, 1 expired time. 1 FG, 4 TD.
OSU - 22 points 13 drives. 3 punts, 1 turnover, 1 missed FG, 1 expired time. 5 FG, 1 TD.
TTU - 21 points on 12 drives. 4 punts, 5 turnovers, 0 missed FG, 0 expired time. 0 FG, 3 TD.
TCU - 3 points on 9 drives. 5 punts, 2 turnovers, 1 expired time. 1 FG, 0 TD.

83 total drives defended
24 total scoring drives against.
12 total TD against.
12 total FG against.
32 total punts forced.
17 total turnovers* forced.

*Includes turnover on downs.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2023, 02:22:16 PM »
i have been pleased with their improvement after some shakiness vs Mizzou and UCF. Hell even in both those games they had really good moments. They are a solid unit now finally with enough guys with experience even if they are freshman and sophomores, they have over half a year under their belt.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2023, 03:31:53 PM »
SEMO - Zero points on 11 drives. 7 punts, 2 turnovers, 2 expired time. 0 FG, 0 TD.
Troy  - 13 points on 13 drives. 5 punts, 4 turnovers, 1 expired time. 2 FG, 1 TD.
Mizzou - 30 points on 13 drives. 6 punts, 0 turnovers, 1 missed FG, 0 expired time. 3 FG, 3 TD.
UCF - 24 points on 12 drives. 2 punts, 3 turnovers, 1 missed FG, 1 expired time. 1 FG, 4 TD.
OSU - 22 points 13 drives. 3 punts, 1 turnover, 1 missed FG, 1 expired time. 5 FG, 1 TD.
TTU - 21 points on 12 drives. 4 punts, 5 turnovers, 0 missed FG, 0 expired time. 0 FG, 3 TD.
TCU - 3 points on 9 drives. 5 punts, 2 turnovers, 1 expired time. 1 FG, 0 TD.

83 total drives defended
24 total scoring drives against.
12 total TD against.
12 total FG against.
32 total punts forced.
17 total turnovers* forced.

*Includes turnover on downs.

Points per drive

1. SEMO (0.0)
2. TCU (.33)
3. Troy (1.0)
4. OSU (1.69)
5. TTU (1.75)
6. UCF (2.0)
7. MU (2.3)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2023, 03:36:19 PM »
i have been pleased with their improvement after some shakiness vs Mizzou and UCF. Hell even in both those games they had really good moments. They are a solid unit now finally with enough guys with experience even if they are freshman and sophomores, they have over half a year under their belt.

They've given us an opportunity to win every game on the schedule thus far, often times well outperforming those standards.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2023, 12:58:55 PM »
_Fan on defense and offense

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/big-12-drive-possession-stats-through-week-8.1134186/
is k-state online still Derek Young's thing? I went to goEMAW premium about 3 years ago and lost track of who is doing what in the KSU BBS work.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2023, 01:19:11 PM »
At this point of the season we are a good team.  OSU was a complete brainfart of a game and mizzou needed a record breaking kick to win in regulation.

That we aren't ranked is completely discrespectful.   destiny in our hands and what not.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2023, 01:24:17 PM »
At this point of the season we are a good team.  OSU was a complete brainfart of a game and mizzou needed a record breaking kick to win in regulation.

That we aren't ranked is completely discrespectful.   destiny in our hands and what not.

Yeah, you should be ranked.

In other news, I love this thread because I like singing "The Klandyman can" in my head.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2023, 01:43:08 PM »
we can use the ranking as "bulletin board" material

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2023, 01:54:22 PM »

Precisely

:dubious:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2023, 02:47:52 PM »

Yeah, you should be ranked.

In other news, I love this thread because I like singing "The Klandyman can" in my head.

In the voice of Sammy Davis Jr., obv.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2023, 10:50:28 PM »

We'll be ranked when it matters, on Tuesday night.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2023, 09:12:25 AM »

We'll be ranked when it matters, on Tuesday night.

Good point.