Author Topic: The Klandyman Can; Cat defense under dc Joe Klanderman  (Read 8992 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
The Klandyman Can; Cat defense under dc Joe Klanderman
« on: November 08, 2020, 08:00:17 AM »
It’s the real deal guys.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Klandyman Can; Cat defense under dc Joe Klanderman
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »
Defense was great. Even without tylin Wallace that is a really good offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 07:22:56 AM »
It's pleasant inside the American Legion in Marysville, Kansas, as Joe Klanderman slides onto a black cushy stool about an hour before the start of the Catbacker event on Thursday. We're surrounded by aged wood, old beverage signage nailed to the white walls, and slick wooden bar that later will be occupied by regulars.
It’s like reading an Ernest Hemingway novel. Serious question, how long can we afford to keep D Scott on the payroll?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 09:48:34 AM »
We got seven defensive backs in the transfer portal, Klanderman only mentions four as contributors. Frustrating that he didn’t name names, here are my guesses.

CB Jordan Wright - Fullerton CC
I know we've got two guys coming into the cornerback room. One is as football sharp of a guy as I've been around, and is really, really into football, and just got kind of missed in the recruiting process and went the junior college route. He came here and he had a tremendous array of offers and interest, and I think he ultimately chose K-State because he feels like this is a place when he can be developed the best and where he fits into the system the best. I couldn't be more excited about him.

CB Joshua Hayes - Virginia
or
CB Justice Clemons - Tyler CC
The other cornerback is, other than Julius Brents, probably provides – we don't have a bunch of big guys in the room and this guy is a big guy. He's a 400-pound bench guy and looks like a man. He's going to bring some physicality to that room. He's teammates with another player who was on our roster who we have a lot of respect for. I'm excited for where he's at.

S Shawn Robinson - Missouri
In the safety room, there's two guys there also.
We addressed that with a kid who transferred from a four-year school. He's a guy who has a lot of corner-type characteristics but is a safety at heart. He has range, physicality, super high football IQ.

CB Drake Cheatum - Prairie View A&M
The other kid we brought in at safety is a teammate of somebody else who was in our program a year ago, and he's going to have one year left to play and he's ready to roll.
Again, the common theme is all these guys really love football, really are super football smart, and I think he will be ready to compete right away in August for a lot of playing time. He maybe wasn't as heavily recruited as he probably should've been because he really dominated where he was, and I think he's going to be along the Reggie Stubblefield lines as a guy who can come in and be a little bit of a thermometer in the program and change some things. I'm excited about all five of those guys.

That leaves 2 that he didn’t mention.
CB Javion Carr - Arizona
&
S Kobe Savage - Tyler CC

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 10:38:13 AM »
I'm very excited for the season  :lynchmob:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 01:20:38 AM »
It's pleasant inside the American Legion in Marysville, Kansas, as Joe Klanderman slides onto a black cushy stool about an hour before the start of the Catbacker event on Thursday. We're surrounded by aged wood, old beverage signage nailed to the white walls, and slick wooden bar that later will be occupied by regulars.
It’s like reading an Ernest Hemingway novel. Serious question, how long can we afford to keep D Scott on the payroll?

4 eva.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 07:08:15 PM »

Sounds like Shawn Robinson has been moved to the Sam linebacker position. So this is probably

CB Joshua Hayes - Virginia
In the safety room, there's two guys there also.
We addressed that with a kid who transferred from a four-year school. He's a guy who has a lot of corner-type characteristics but is a safety at heart. He has range, physicality, super high football IQ.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 07:16:24 PM »
I just want to take a moment to congratulate nic on an excellent thread title.  :thumbs:

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 08:34:55 PM »
I just want to take a moment to congratulate nic on an excellent thread title.  :thumbs:

a saccharine title if ever there was

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:08:41 PM by HugeCat »

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 06:56:50 AM »
Is Dewey Cheatum going to get the start at the Jack safety?
[tweet]1559233008267399174[/tweet]?s=20&t=YVkFj_9IUkfCsDNgPjKlpg

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 07:35:31 AM »
Iiiiiiii want Klandy!!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 01:21:14 PM »
With all the concern over safety position and the talk about transfers filling those spots, is TJ Smith being overlooked?
https://twitter.com/Thekstatefan2/status/1559964830835978240?s=20&t=anlshwW6RlthlDhc8jug
https://twitter.com/Thekstatefan2/status/1425834082051764224?s=20&t=anlshwW6RlthlDhc8jugIQ

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 01:49:40 PM »
I think I read that they really like Savage.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
Also I think I read that we're the only team with Preseason 1st team All B12 at each level of defense.

but IDK

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 05:34:48 PM »
i watch every game wishing he’d add a 1 after the 2 on his jersey, also I love hoe kobe plays

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2022, 11:06:40 PM »
How much are we going to have to pay to keep Klanderman?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 11:12:37 PM »
I have no doubt he’s great at his job, but isn’t Kleiman considered the defensive genius? Could be kind of an Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy situation.

I could also be wrong.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2022, 12:09:40 AM »

You don't really get into a bidding war for coordinators. Just like Jim Knowles with Oklahoma State last season, if one of the big boys want to give your coordinator $2 million, you tip your hat, wish him luck, and believe in the other coaches in the room who helped with the game plans

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2022, 07:54:05 AM »

You don't really get into a bidding war for coordinators. Just like Jim Knowles with Oklahoma State last season, if one of the big boys want to give your coordinator $2 million, you tip your hat, wish him luck, and believe in the other coaches in the room who helped with the game plans

Klieman is the secret sauce on defense, he will be able to replace Klandy if he gets poached.  Klein on the other hand…
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »

Klieman is the secret sauce on defense, he will be able to replace Klandy if he gets poached.  Klein on the other hand…

I think we pay Klein. He’s our next head coach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2022, 02:05:52 PM »

I think we pay Klein. He’s our next head coach.

I'm confident that Klein is only leaving to be a head coach, I don't have that same confidence about Klanderman.