Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 160535 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #1300 on: January 10, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »
Our entire OL returns and we just added a 4 star WR and a power 5 RB that averaged over 6 YPC on a 10 win team.  Oh and Phillip Brooks is returning and some guy with the last name Lockett is going to be a sophomore.

Didn't know Brooks is coming back, that's awesome. All of that is so, so, so nice. Ward is a very solid RB, won't have the moves like Deuce but man, we basically reloaded there, and having our entire OL back should mean some hella holes, I mean the team work is going to off the charts there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 08:45:43 PM by cfbandyman »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 10, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »
another benefit of the KANSAS BEEF all coming back is that it gives the young guys another year to develop, building depth

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 10, 2023, 08:43:35 PM »
Oh and Avery Johnson can play in 4 games and maintain his redshirt
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 10, 2023, 09:32:48 PM »
Our entire OL returns and we just added a 4 star WR and a power 5 RB that averaged over 6 YPC on a 10 win team.  Oh and Phillip Brooks is returning and some guy with the last name Lockett is going to be a sophomore.
The debbie downer in me is concerned about the pass rush (and the dline).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 10, 2023, 09:38:19 PM »
I thought Lockett was going to be a redshirt Freshman. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 10, 2023, 10:34:10 PM »

He is. Also don’t forget RJ Garcia who came on strong to end the year and will be a SO, Jadon Jackson who transferred from Ole Miss last year, and Sinnott. If Howard can take another step forward the offense should be in great shape.

Defense is where the concern is for sure. Definitely need some players to step up.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 10, 2023, 10:48:23 PM »
Rumblings of Daniel Green somehow finding another year of eligibility with the cats

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2023, 11:27:45 PM »

Didn't know Brooks is coming back, that's awesome. All of that is so, so, so nice. Ward is a very solid RB, won't have the moves like Deuce but man, we basically reloaded there, and having our entire OL back should mean some hella holes, I mean the team work is going to off the charts there.

i think he actually looks like he has more wiggle than deuce. looks more sproles-y to me than deuce. given he's had quite a bit higher ypc his entire career, could be even better.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 11, 2023, 09:13:52 AM »
Lockett redshirted
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 11, 2023, 09:29:36 AM »

He is. Also don’t forget RJ Garcia who came on strong to end the year and will be a SO, Jadon Jackson who transferred from Ole Miss last year, and Sinnott. If Howard can take another step forward the offense should be in great shape.

Defense is where the concern is for sure. Definitely need some players to step up.

While this is sort true, I think that OT vs TCU/goal line stand should give everyone some hope. Tons of guys on the field then were young/inexperienced and they did the damn thing. We tend to cycle a lot of defense, so while yes a worry, I wouldn't call it a total worry. We got some good LBs coming in, Savage will be back, Khalid is till here, and VJ looked pretty good filling in. The d-line (specifically assuming Felix is gone) is going to be my biggest overall worry.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 11, 2023, 09:32:20 AM »
Honestly, at this moment, my biggest worry is special teams, all facets, losing Zentner who did everything is big, so hopefully Tennett can figure it out, and we have a punter who is serviceable. Also, hopefully someone steps up to fill in for Knowles on kickoffs, at least we have Brookes for punts (which is good except for the rare but painful muffs). But we definitely took a step back in special teams this last year, and I don't know how I feel about next year until proven otherwise.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 11, 2023, 09:49:15 AM »

While this is sort true, I think that OT vs TCU/goal line stand should give everyone some hope. Tons of guys on the field then were young/inexperienced and they did the damn thing. We tend to cycle a lot of defense, so while yes a worry, I wouldn't call it a total worry. We got some good LBs coming in, Savage will be back, Khalid is till here, and VJ looked pretty good filling in. The d-line (specifically assuming Felix is gone) is going to be my biggest overall worry.
Matlack was disappointing this year after his early injury.  I am hopeful that he can come back with a vengeance and fulfill his potential.  Interior DL I have no idea but I think there is some talent there.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 11, 2023, 10:17:06 AM »
The Miss St. lineman would be a nice addition  :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Portal Kombat
« Reply #1313 on: January 11, 2023, 12:18:35 PM »
The standard for special teams is so high at KSU that even with a step back I’m not worried at all. Zentner will be sorely missed, though.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 11, 2023, 01:09:55 PM »
Matlack was disappointing this year after his early injury.  I am hopeful that he can come back with a vengeance and fulfill his potential.  Interior DL I have no idea but I think there is some talent there.

i'd like to think the coaches like the d-ends for next year. we didn't try hard for anyone in the portal. maybe they're waiting to see what duke does, we really need him to stay. if he does, the top 4 returners should be alright, and then maybe the freshmen can step in if we really need them

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 11, 2023, 06:08:10 PM »

i'd like to think the coaches like the d-ends for next year. we didn't try hard for anyone in the portal. maybe they're waiting to see what duke does, we really need him to stay. if he does, the top 4 returners should be alright, and then maybe the freshmen can step in if we really need them

Anybody know the timeframe on Duke's decision?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 11, 2023, 06:09:49 PM »
Spring semester enrollment deadline

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 18, 2023, 03:34:59 PM »

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 18, 2023, 05:05:12 PM »
Ozzie Hoffler and Kingsley Ugwu also. Ugwu probably needed to go if he wanted to play with all the lineman coming back. Hawkins and Hoffler I had some hope for but I don’t think either played a down this season as RS-Frosh so both might be looking for more opportunity also.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 18, 2023, 05:07:38 PM »
I don’t think we have lost a projected member of the two deep yet which is pretty exciting.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: January 18, 2023, 06:41:13 PM »
I don’t think we have lost a projected member of the two deep yet which is pretty exciting.

You’re probably right, but I was kind of bummed when Krew Jackson transferred out. Good length and looked good in OSU garbage time. I thought he might crack the depth chart next season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 18, 2023, 08:44:50 PM »
It's nice when the guys transferring out are dudes no one has ever heard of.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 18, 2023, 09:03:49 PM »
Very few, if any, have landed higher or equal to their KSU position.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 18, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 18, 2023, 10:00:05 PM »