Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 162182 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #1350 on: April 25, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »
Last count I saw was 15, in a day

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Seems kind of high, but it’s concentrated because it’s the culmination of spring football and players now know where they stand on the depth chart. If most of those were players occupying the two deep, then that would be highly concerning. My guess is it is guys that occupy the spots behind the two deep and are looking for playing time elsewhere.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 25, 2023, 01:33:48 PM »
Last count I saw was 15, in a day

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Seems kind of high, but it’s concentrated because it’s the culmination of spring football and players now know where they stand on the depth chart. If most of those were players occupying the two deep, then that would be highly concerning. My guess is it is guys that occupy the spots behind the two deep and are looking for playing time elsewhere.

I know their seemingly best WR hit the portal after a big spring game.  I'm not sure about the other guys but there's at least some leaving for reasons beyond playing time.

I'd imagine it's tough to play for Deion if that's not what you initially signed up for.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 25, 2023, 01:58:04 PM »
Didn’t realize Travis Hunter transferred out, that’s pretty bad.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 25, 2023, 02:04:37 PM »
18 players post spring game, and 41 total have entered since he took over as coach. 

Per CBS since spring game:
OL Jackson Anderson: A 6-foot-4, 295-pounder from Mineola, Texas, Anderson redshirted in 2021 and wasn't a contributor in 2022. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2021.
DL Aaron Austin: The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder was a three star prospect in the Class of 2022 out of Fort Worth, Texas.
LB Shakaun Bowser: The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder from Queen Creek, Arizona, didn't record any stats last year. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2022.
LB Devin Grant: The 6-foot-3, 260-pound sophomore has played in 15 games and started two during his three seasons with the program. He had 14 tackles and two tackles for loss in 2022 and was expected to contend for playing time in 2023.
OL Alex Harkey: The 6-foot-6, 305-pounder played one season at Colorado after transferring from Tyler (Texas) Junior College.
WR Montana Lemonious-Craig: The superstar from the spring game is one of the highest-profile departures from the roster. He is already receiving offers from FBS programs according to his Twitter account.
DB Jeremy Mack Jr: The 6-foot junior was a junior college transfer from East Mississippi CC who had 48 tackles last season with four starts.
CB Jason Oliver Jr: The rising sophomore defensive back had 11 tackles in 2022 -- mostly as a reserve and on special teams. The 6-foot, 175-pounder wasn't expected to see much action in 2023.
WR Grant Page: A 6-foot-3, 200-pound rising redshirt freshman who was an option for rotational snaps. He played in two games in 2022.
WR Ty Robinson: The junior entered the transfer portal after catching nine passes for for 95 yards and a touchdown over his career.
DB Oakie Salave'a: Salave'a is a 6-foot-4, 220-pound rising redshirt freshman came to Colorado as a three-star athlete in the Class of 2022. He did not record any stats as a true freshman.
LB Aubrey Smith: Smith had eight tackles and one sack as a true freshman. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of Buford (Georgia) High School.
DB Xavier Smith: The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder from metro Atlanta signed as a three-star prospect in the Class of 2022. The speedster was the Georgia Region 4-AAAAAA Player of The Year in 2021.
RB Deion Smith: Smith was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2018 out of Houston.
WR Chase Sowell: Sowell entered the portal on Saturday. The rising redshirt freshman had two catches for 23 yards in three games last year, and was expected to contend for playing time in 2023.
DB Tyrin Taylor: The rising junior had 26 tackles and one interception last season. He was expected to contend for playing time as a starter for the Buffaloes prior to entering the portal.
WR Jordyn Tyson: The leading receiver from last season was a three-star prospect prior to his success with the Buffaloes in 2022.
RB Victor Venn: A three-star member of the Buffs' 2022 class, Venn didn't record any stats a season ago but had some breakout moments during the team's spring game.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 25, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »
I mean, a lot of those guys probably aren't great but you still have to practice

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 25, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »
He can just sign more transfers in the spring transfer window. I think they eased restrictions on the 25 per year.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 25, 2023, 02:37:41 PM »

I don't believe that's accurate, my friend.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 25, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »

Oh, they said the best WR transferred.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 25, 2023, 02:46:23 PM »
So does this mean they are going to suck or are they going to be really good?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 25, 2023, 03:27:55 PM »
Most are saying their defense will be horrendous. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 25, 2023, 03:48:53 PM »
I read somewhere that he has brought in over 40 new players, all but 5 of them being 3 stars or worse.

Supposedly CU Boulder donors were getting NIL money together for him, but I don't think he's getting as much as he needs to flip that roster like he wants.

They're going to be horrendous.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 25, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »
I think they are going to score in the 30’s and 40’s regularly.  Who knows if that will be enough with what they have on defense.  Playing TCU in game 1 is going to suck for them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 25, 2023, 08:44:04 PM »
I think they probably win 2.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 26, 2023, 04:29:54 AM »

Well, he's the best wr, now, he wasn't a week ago.
He can just sign more transfers in the spring transfer window. I think they eased restrictions on the 25 per year.

They did ease that restriction. He didn't only lose those 18, he was still playing catch up from the winter departures too. They're absolutely not going to catch up this off season, he literally has to build half of a roster.
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1650738155627204610
I think they are going to score in the 30’s and 40’s regularly.  Who knows if that will be enough with what they have on defense.  Playing TCU in game 1 is going to suck for them.
You get this from the two high profile offensive players he has? His offense averaged 37 ppg for a better than average FCS program. He currently has no line and no depth.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 26, 2023, 06:34:36 AM »
I can't get down with the cowboy hat.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 26, 2023, 06:52:07 AM »
I can't get down with the cowboy hat.
I love it, he does it because CU is a hick cowboy school

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 26, 2023, 06:53:41 AM »

Well, he's the best wr, now, he wasn't a week ago.

They did ease that restriction. He didn't only lose those 18, he was still playing catch up from the winter departures too. They're absolutely not going to catch up this off season, he literally has to build half of a roster.
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1650738155627204610
You get this from the two high profile offensive players he has? His offense averaged 37 ppg for a better than average FCS program. He currently has no line and no depth.

Yea Travis Hunter and Dylan Edwards give him elite speed and play making ability to go with his son at QB.  They also got two 4 star transfer WR’s and signed two 4 star HS WR’s on top of that.  Traore was one of the most sought after TE’s in the portal this year, he should be really good too.  I’m not sure what you mean that he has no OL? All the guys he brought in from the portal are still on the roster.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 26, 2023, 08:07:02 AM »
IMO there has been way too much talk about this.  Literally all of these players leaving are shitty.  He can fill the holes with equally shitty or slightly better players in the portal no problem.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 26, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »
IMO there has been way too much talk about this.  Literally all of these players leaving are shitty.  He can fill the holes with equally shitty or slightly better players in the portal no problem.

They have almost 50 players to replace. That's an incredibly tough task, especially as a staff that largely has never done it at this level before.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 26, 2023, 11:13:59 AM »

They have almost 50 players to replace. That's an incredibly tough task, especially as a staff that largely has never done it at this level before.

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1651257079720493057

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 26, 2023, 11:22:30 AM »

Sorry, 70(!!!) players. I don't follow the portal at all, but I find it hard to believe they're going to be able to find 70 players that are better than the ones they lost. They'll be able to upgrade at a few positions, but they have to essentially teach an entirely new team how to play together.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 26, 2023, 11:23:06 AM »
Yeah, these guys are going to go winless.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 26, 2023, 11:30:40 AM »
Dylan will get plenty of playing time.  I just hope he doesn't get killed from not having an offensive line. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 26, 2023, 11:58:07 AM »
Dylan will get plenty of playing time.  I just hope he doesn't get killed from not having an offensive line. 

What’s with stuff about the OL?  It isn’t rooted in any facts.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 26, 2023, 12:05:43 PM »

Sorry, 70(!!!) players. I don't follow the portal at all, but I find it hard to believe they're going to be able to find 70 players that are better than the ones they lost. They'll be able to upgrade at a few positions, but they have to essentially teach an entirely new team how to play together.

Or maybe it's just the kind of made-for-TV drama in which Prime Time thrives!  :surprised: