Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 328790 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #2950 on: August 27, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »
One must keep in mind that anyone not in full lockstep with #blueanon orthodoxy is classified as a fascist.

Mitch McConnell is an evil SOB, but not at all a fascist. Fascists are far right authoritarians. MAGAs have far right authoritarian tendencies. Hence, the classification.

Do these distinctions really need to be explained?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 05:16:27 PM by chum1 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: August 27, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
Unfortunately I think Trump's presidency stripped away a lot of people's emotional intelligence and replaced it with a cold insensitivity to everyone not in their preferred echo chamber.  Which unfortunately has led to many who still have emotional intelligence to be labeled as lazy, or stupid.

What is the point of this? Who are you talking about, what are you talking about? Unless this is a pointed critique of people or persons reading this, it's no different than dax yelling about blueanon then when it's pointed out that no one here supports what he's raging about then he says, not you but everyone else.

I don't know what blueanon is but I don't think my thing was like that.

Also repost
The performative outrage from conservative Twitter today was something else.

That's what politics is now.  Or had you not noticed the previous 4 years of performative outrage?  In many cases for things far more trivial than 13 dead marines.

I'd love to know what you consider trivial in this instance

I consider tons of stuff more trivial than real life people dying.  Like so much stuff.

Well I think there are tons of things that trump did that people were outraged about that were less trivial than soldiers dying in a war zone. You made the point, I'd love to know where this line is for you.

I don't know.  I guess I would consider any outrage over things Trump SAID to be more trivial.  He said dumb weird stuff all the time and people lost their minds.

Sure, if you're going to play the game where the leader of the free world can say whatever he wants without repercussion, then yeah I guess trump was unfairly maligned and we were all wrong for not dismissing Donald for just being silly.

Those troops he called cowards, or black people and Mexicans he called drug dealers, or abuse survivors triggered by grab them by the pussy, or any Nigerian he told to go back to their huts, or any of the Haitians he said has aids should all fall back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: August 27, 2021, 08:38:49 PM »
Unfortunately I think Trump's presidency stripped away a lot of people's emotional intelligence and replaced it with a cold insensitivity to everyone not in their preferred echo chamber.  Which unfortunately has led to many who still have emotional intelligence to be labeled as lazy, or stupid.

What is the point of this? Who are you talking about, what are you talking about? Unless this is a pointed critique of people or persons reading this, it's no different than dax yelling about blueanon then when it's pointed out that no one here supports what he's raging about then he says, not you but everyone else.

Also repost

That's what politics is now.  Or had you not noticed the previous 4 years of performative outrage?  In many cases for things far more trivial than 13 dead marines.

I consider tons of stuff more trivial than real life people dying.  Like so much stuff.

Well I think there are tons of things that trump did that people were outraged about that were less trivial than soldiers dying in a war zone. You made the point, I'd love to know where this line is for you.

I don't know.  I guess I would consider any outrage over things Trump SAID to be more trivial.  He said dumb weird stuff all the time and people lost their minds.

Sure, if you're going to play the game where the leader of the free world can say whatever he wants without repercussion, then yeah I guess trump was unfairly maligned and we were all wrong for not dismissing Donald for just being silly.

Those troops he called cowards, or black people and Mexicans he called drug dealers, or abuse survivors triggered by grab them by the pussy, or any Nigerian he told to go back to their huts, or any of the Haitians he said has aids should all fall back.
Or

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: August 27, 2021, 08:52:35 PM »

Also repost

I never said he shouldn't be criticized for things he said.  I didn't vote for him in either election mostly because of his dumb divisive rhetoric.  All I said was that his idiotic soundbites were MORE trivial than people dying.  I didn't say they were meaningless.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #2955 on: August 27, 2021, 09:00:08 PM »
I’m always going to remember Trump for four things.
1. Saying stupid stuff
2. Using kids in cages as a deterrent to immigration
3. Tremendously rough ridin' up COVID messaging
4. Jan. 6

Admittedly only one of those cost a large number of lives, but I think you could easily argue Trump is responsible for 100,000 American deaths if not way more due to totally botching COVID. He easily could have told everyone to get the Trump vaccine that he made happen but he didn’t want to take airtime away from “stop the steal.”

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: August 27, 2021, 09:08:29 PM »
No chance for an inclusive government now.  Obama/Biden lean toward hardcore Theocracies is just undeniable.  Tried to install one in Syria.

Sad

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: August 27, 2021, 09:10:46 PM »
Those things Trump said say a lot more about his character (and how he leads) than the Marine deaths say about Biden's. Like, servicemen are going to die as long as we have them all over the world. It's tragic, but it doesn't show Biden is incompetent or a bad person.

Is that because I'm biased against Trump? Maybe!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: August 27, 2021, 09:31:03 PM »
Those things Trump said say a lot more about his character (and how he leads) than the Marine deaths say about Biden's. Like, servicemen are going to die as long as we have them all over the world. It's tragic, but it doesn't show Biden is incompetent or a bad person.

I don't think a single poster (who's still) here would argue that Trump has good character. But a tactical miscalculation that results in 13 American deaths is still a bad result. Outside of like two posters, I don't think anyone is trying to "both sides" it. We have a civic duty to publicly criticize our leaders when they make mistakes. It's fair to point out that many of the things Trump was criticized for were more of, as you say, the character variety. However, there have also been very real consequences of Trump's actions, as catastrophe pointed out. It's not a means of equivocating, but rather historical comparison and intellectual honesty.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: August 27, 2021, 09:33:24 PM »
After working with Trump personally, people like Bill Barr would say that he was a way worse person and way more corrupt than they ever expected. I'd always think, "did you EVER listen to him talk? How could you be surprised!?!?"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: August 27, 2021, 09:36:46 PM »

I don't think a single poster (who's still) here would argue that Trump has good character. But a tactical miscalculation that results in 13 American deaths is still a bad result. Outside of like two posters, I don't think anyone is trying to "both sides" it. We have a civic duty to publicly criticize our leaders when they make mistakes. It's fair to point out that many of the things Trump was criticized for were more of, as you say, the character variety. However, there have also been very real consequences of Trump's actions, as catastrophe pointed out. It's not a means of equivocating, but rather historical comparison and intellectual honesty.

I agree 100% that he should be questioned and criticized! I just think the conservative uproar in this case is a bit over the top.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:10 PM »
Biden Family Pay to Play Inc was/is real. 

No amount of screaming conspiracy etc. etc.  Is going to change that.   Only eclipsed in the last twenty years by the Clinton's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 28, 2021, 10:12:06 AM »

Why are we separating trump for what's happening now in Afghanistan? Biden is honoring the treaty that the trump administration negotiated.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 28, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »

Why are we separating trump for what's happening now in Afghanistan? Biden is honoring the treaty that the trump administration negotiated.
Probably because of how shitty the execution of our exit is/was. Just a hunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: August 28, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »
Is there a good summary of what went wrong with the exit and how it should have been done differently? I've mostly heard screaming and defense against screaming.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #2965 on: August 28, 2021, 12:38:01 PM »
I heard one nat sec guy say that nearly everyone in Afghanistan wants western democracy but we can’t blame the Afghani army for not fighting against the Taliban because that would be a death sentence. Wonder what George Washington would say to this guy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 28, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
Didn’t have a clue on the collapse of the ANA:  Knew exactly who planned the airport bombing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 28, 2021, 01:12:34 PM »

We have talked about Trump and the treaty.

Joe delayed and that ratcheted up the Taliban offensive to 11. 

All for some bullshit symbolism.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 28, 2021, 02:48:36 PM »
Joe probably shouldn't have honored the treaty.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 28, 2021, 06:33:13 PM »

You never took a logic class, did you?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: August 28, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »
Is there a good summary of what went wrong with the exit and how it should have been done differently? I've mostly heard screaming and defense against screaming.

The most simple explanation is that he waited too long. He committed to the withdraw in April, he left himself essentially three weeks to complete the withdraw. Now, he waited so long because he didn't anticipate the Taliban advancing as quickly as they did, some experts said he should have known :dunno:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: August 28, 2021, 08:08:54 PM »

What at all does that have to do what I stated?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: August 28, 2021, 10:16:29 PM »
Apparently the worlds most expensive military-intelligence complex just didn’t have a clue about the Taliban. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: August 28, 2021, 11:13:35 PM »

Because what you stated didn't have a damn thing to do with the conversation but you think that it does.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: August 29, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »

Because what you stated didn't have a damn thing to do with the conversation but you think that it does.
How so? Do tell me