Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 314713 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #2600 on: August 17, 2021, 10:56:47 AM »
I refuse to believe the Taliban is stupid enough to mess with any US Citizens trying to get out.

It’s the handful of Afghans who bought into our message that I’m worried about. I hope we have a plan for them.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 17, 2021, 12:05:43 PM »
I refuse to believe the Taliban is stupid enough to mess with any US Citizens trying to get out.

It’s the handful of Afghans who bought into our message that I’m worried about. I hope we have a plan for them.

We left, totally and without warning to the Afghan government or military. Now we're rapidly approaching 10K service members being back in (not deployed to but on the ground) AFG just to clean up our Embassy personnel, their families and those Afghans that worked for us or NATO and can get to HKIA (Hamid Karzai International Airport) before the Taliban come knocking on their front door and you "hope" there's a plan?

There never was one in the first place. Not since Oct 2001 and up through today.

The plan was to kill UBL (we did eventually). That was it. Everything afterwards was done by the seat of our pants and 20 years later, we're still wearing that same set of worn out pants.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 17, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »

We left, totally and without warning to the Afghan government or military. Now we're rapidly approaching 10K service members being back in (not deployed to but on the ground) AFG just to clean up our Embassy personnel, their families and those Afghans that worked for us or NATO and can get to HKIA (Hamid Karzai International Airport) before the Taliban come knocking on their front door and you "hope" there's a plan?

There never was one in the first place. Not since Oct 2001 and up through today.

The plan was to kill UBL (we did eventually). That was it. Everything afterwards was done by the seat of our pants and 20 years later, we're still wearing that same set of worn out pants.
Can somebody help me explain to me how we go from 6000 troops to zero troops when the evacuation is done or the Taliban blocks anyone else from leaving? How do the last 50 troops getting on the last transport leaving Kabul not get mobbed by a desperate crowd trying to board the plane?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 17, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »

Can somebody help me explain to me how we go from 6000 troops to zero troops when the evacuation is done or the Taliban blocks anyone else from leaving? How do the last 50 troops getting on the last transport leaving Kabul not get mobbed by a desperate crowd trying to board the plane?

Because that would, like, MAJORLY piss us off.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 17, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
MAJORLY!

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 17, 2021, 01:10:19 PM »

Because that would, like, MAJORLY piss us off.

Oh yeah, don't piss Joe off. He might get mad, draw a red line and say if you cross it, he'll get even madder (to the point of being majorly pissed off). Remember he learned that from his boss. His boss drew a red line in the Syrian desert and look, we're still in Syria almost ten years later. Just like Afghanistan, we went to kill a bad guy, accomplished that and then proceeded to stick around to see what else we might accomplish.

And you people say we're incapable of learning anything!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: August 17, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »
Great addition there for sure

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 17, 2021, 02:08:02 PM »
Proud of Joe for this.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 17, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »
Gotta admit, this is one of the all time wagon circling's.   

Congrats to #blueanon/ProgFascists for executing one of the all time great deflection campaigns if there ever was one.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:25:59 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 17, 2021, 02:29:20 PM »
What are we going to do with the money that was appropriated for Afghanistan for the rest of 2021?  Maybe we can give our troops a raise.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: August 17, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »
The Chinese are already quietly moving in . . . soon, you'll be hearing about substantial rare earth metal mining by Chinese entities in Afghanistan, where a few senior level Taliban or favored Taliban style oligarchs are going to get even more wealthy.

Oh, and LOL at you if you think that China will approach this matter in a way that insists on human rights.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 17, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »

Pretty sure we told them we were going to be gone by last December, so I'm not sure if the "no warning" part checks out.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 17, 2021, 03:56:11 PM »
The Chinese are already quietly moving in . . . soon, you'll be hearing about substantial rare earth metal mining by Chinese entities in Afghanistan, where a few senior level Taliban or favored Taliban style oligarchs are going to get even more wealthy.

Oh, and LOL at you if you think that China will approach this matter in a way that insists on human rights.
How would China coming in be bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 17, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »
Have fun china.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 17, 2021, 04:44:51 PM »

1.   Their stated policy is they do not interfere (ya right) with the political situation in sovereign nations (emphasis on who China considers to be a sovereign nation, looking at you Taiwan)

2.   Policy #1 means it's all about business, so, potentially no fucks given about how the Taliban treats people

3.    https://www.newsweek.com/china-seeks-taliban-promise-wage-war-uighur-fighters-afghanistan-1614032  and there's alleged Chinese anti-uighur operations in Afghanistan before this

4.   They'll control approximately $3 Trillion dollars (more) rare earth minerals

and lots more

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 17, 2021, 04:55:39 PM »
Rare earth metals become the new opium (seems more difficult due to industrialization needed)?

Chinse are very good at capital intensive projects, and they know how to do them in remote settings given their domestic projects in very desolate and distant places.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 17, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
Bloodthirsty colonizer DAX, do you think the US should take them instead?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 17, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »
Dax's lack of self-awareness ITT is amazing even for him.  This is exactly what he's been asking for?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 17, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »
Still amazing how the last two posters can never ever seem to get it right. 

Sad, but always funny.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 17, 2021, 06:22:47 PM »
#blueanon/#blueanonGe spent 4 years melting down about NATO. 

Now their guy takes a giant crap on our NATO partners with little to no communication with them about the situation in Afghanistan.  Reportedly not even a phone call to the leader of the most special relationship partner.   

Our NATO partners invoked Article 5 on behalf of the US for the first time ever. 

This administration is a total crap show.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 17, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »

1.   Their stated policy is they do not interfere (ya right) with the political situation in sovereign nations (emphasis on who China considers to be a sovereign nation, looking at you Taiwan)

2.   Policy #1 means it's all about business, so, potentially no fucks given about how the Taliban treats people

3.    https://www.newsweek.com/china-seeks-taliban-promise-wage-war-uighur-fighters-afghanistan-1614032  and there's alleged Chinese anti-uighur operations in Afghanistan before this

4.   They'll control approximately $3 Trillion dollars (more) rare earth minerals

and lots more
So either China somehow stabilizes and builds a bunch of infrastructure and provides at least some jobs for afghanis and is successful in their belt and road initiative connecting Europe and the west through central Asian land routes or they get involved in a boondoggle and fail.

What is the problem again?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 17, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »

and lots more
So either China somehow stabilizes and builds a bunch of infrastructure and provides at least some jobs for afghanis and is successful in their belt and road initiative connecting Europe and the west through central Asian land routes or they get involved in a boondoggle and fail.

What is the problem again?

Really?

So you're fine with China controlling even more rare earth minerals?

You're fine with the possibility of China profiteering and not giving a crap as to how the Taliban operates and treats the citizenns?

You're fine with China partnering with the Taliban to attack and subjugate the Uighur minority population in Afghanistan?   

Wow, never saw this comings from KK

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 17, 2021, 06:53:02 PM »
Dax, what would you like to be done about China and Russia engaging with the new Afghanistan government?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 17, 2021, 06:59:25 PM »
Rare earth minerals sound like something for which a bot would register on gE to try to sell.